Help with a problem

pizzaman1343

I am booked on Valor on Nov 30.  I have 2 cabins booked.  Final payment is due tomorrow.  I am also booked Feb 14 on the Glory but just 1 cabin.  I have the special rate where I can't get deposit back.  Will they let me move my deposit for both cabins to my 1 cabin on Feb 14?  Any help is appreciated!

I am booked on Valor on Nov 30.  I have 2 cabins booked.  Final payment is due tomorrow.  I am also booked Feb 14 on the Glory but just 1 cabin.  I have the special rate where I can't get deposit back.  Will they let me move my deposit for both cabins to my 1 cabin on Feb 14?  Any help is appreciated!
Only if the Cruise is cancelled.
if the Cruise sails as scheduled, then your deposit is non-refundable and non transferable

3 hours ago, CJHAN said:

Cant see why they wouldn't. worst case is that you just get your money back and apply it to your later booking yourself.

actually worst case is Carnival liquidates and you become just another unsecured creditor.

Personally, there is no way I would give ANY cruise company any of my money right now.

Edited by Nachosdelux
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, drsel said:

Only if the Cruise is cancelled.
if the Cruise sails as scheduled, then your deposit is non-refundable and non transferable

No, that's simply not true.

I recently transferred my deposit for a Dec 2020 cruise to a Dec 2022 cruise with no penalties.

As long as you are moving something in the near future to another booking, especially a new booking, Carnival seems to be generally very amenable to the move.

8 hours ago, CJHAN said:

Cant see why they wouldn't. worst case is that you just get your money back and apply it to your later booking yourself.

Based on the simple fact the OP exchanged flexibility in order to receive a discount. The OP has a binding contract where his deposit is non-refundable. In my opinion, he should not be permitted to make this change without being subjected to the administrative fee unless Carnival cancels the sailing.

Exceptions should not be made when the passenger made the decision to have a non-refundable deposit over a refundable deposit. That said, YMMV -- some have been successful; others not so much.

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 1

If Carnival has other fish on the line for a sold out cruise they might be inclined to waive the penalty.

They really don't want to make anyone angry. I think they are compassionate to understand some people cannot bring themselves to cruise at the moment. 

I would pay for the cruise, and go if it operates. If for reasons no one knows about now, and it is cancelled, you will receive every dollar back. 

Tough spot to be in. 

6 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I recently transferred my deposit for a Dec 2020 cruise to a Dec 2022 cruise with no penalties.

As long as you are moving something in the near future to another booking, especially a new booking, Carnival seems to be generally very amenable to the move.

Did you have a nonrefundable deposit?    There are also refundable rates.   

7 hours ago, Nachosdelux said:

actually worst case is Carnival liquidates and you become just another unsecured creditor.

Personally, there is no way I would give ANY cruise company any of my money right now.

Then why are you on this forum?  No mean intentions at all, I promise!  Just wondering, why you are spending time on Cruise Critic if you have no intention of cruising in the near future? Just curious????  

4 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

Did you have a nonrefundable deposit?    There are also refundable rates.   

• Like 3

But if you had waited for Carnival to cancel, you would have got $600 OBC as a gift

7 hours ago, my kids mama said:

Then why are you on this forum?  No mean intentions at all, I promise!  Just wondering, why you are spending time on Cruise Critic if you have no intention of cruising in the near future? Just curious????  

I still plan on cruising when there is a viable vaccine.  Others are free to do as they choose.  I just think it's important to think about the real possibility that the cruise companies are in major financial trouble, and some may not survive.  Therefore, any deposits are at risk.  

I booked a cruise (A few months ago) for November, which subsequently cancelled.  Fortunately the deposit was $100 per person, which I am still waiting to receive.  I will dispute with my credit card company if I do not get it back after the promised 90 days.  

7 hours ago, drsel said:
15 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

But if you had waited for Carnival to cancel, you would have got $600 OBC as a gift

And I would have tied up over $2000 for two more years to do so.  And would have risked not being able to snag the cabin we did, because there are very few of that type per ship, and only one was available on the deck we wanted - once the cruise gets cancelled, everyone will be scrambling to re-book, and the particular cruise had a fairly unique itinerary, cruised only two or three times a year, I believe.

If it was a regular balcony, on a common itinerary, with only $1000 to put at risk, maybe.  But all the other factors made us want to shift the cruise out.

YMMV, obviously.

You can apply your FCC and $600 OBC to an existing booking. I rescheduled twice to new bookings for my cancelled April cruise and then applied the FCC and $600 OBC to a May 2021 cruise I booked a year ago. 

that's great.

But if you have 2 Cruises cancelled, can you put 2 FCCs + 2 x 6 = 1200 OBC onto a previously booked 3rd Cruise?