Allure “across the pond”

brenderlou

52 minutes ago, brenderlou said:

Anyone have any idea when Allure would make her way back to the US?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is pure speculation on my part, but I think everything that was planned is up in the air until a hard return to sailing date is set.  I don't believe there is a correct answer to your question.  In my opinion, even what Royal management wants to do right now could go out the window as things change.

• Like 1

Who knows, she might just stay there until a submitted plan is approved by the CDC.  

She could have left months ago after the TA was cancelled, so one might/could think she is staying there for another reason/purpose. At minimum, why burn the cost of fuel for the crossing when empty.  At most, maybe she will take on her crew there when they can sail again VS flying them to America. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

41 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Her own crew plus possibly crew for other ships in the Caribbean.  Two weeks to sail across would cover the quarantine period as well.  

That makes a lot of sense. It has to be much cheaper to fly the Asian crew to a port in the Med.

I just can not even fathom the logistics of re-crewing these ships!  From ship’s crew, to hotel staff, to restaurant and bar staff, to entertainment staff, to the folks that run the shops, those that take pictures, and all the rest!  I’m sure there are lots of “what if” plans in place, but how much can they do before they have a firm idea about cruising dates?

4 hours ago, fdthird said:

I just can not even fathom the logistics of re-crewing these ships!  From ship’s crew, to hotel staff, to restaurant and bar staff, to entertainment staff, to the folks that run the shops, those that take pictures, and all the rest!  I’m sure there are lots of “what if” plans in place, but how much can they do before they have a firm idea about cruising dates?

They can do some things in advance like order supplies and restock certain aspects required for when more staff arrive. I don’t see them doing this though, until they have been given the go ahead to sail. No need to put out money until they know they are sailing. 

I think the biggest thing the cruise lines can do is to see staff keep their paper work current for travel. Once given the go ahead to sail, they don’t want to wait on crew paper work. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1