Drink Package Question ?

Ashland

About the only cocktails that are not covered are those at the World  Class Bar.  Any drink priced at $15 or below is covered.  If you want something above $15 you pay the difference + 20% tip on the difference. So frozen drinks, mojitos, martinis, Perrier, specially coffees & teas. Soda, wine, fresh squeezed juice.

11 minutes ago, jelayne said:

About the only cocktails that are not covered are those at the World  Class Bar.  Any drink priced at $15 or below is covered.  If you want something above $15 you pay the difference + 20% tip on the difference. So frozen drinks, mojitos, martinis, Perrier, specially coffees & teas. Soda, wine, fresh squeezed juice.

Thank you so much for replying with such detailed info.

10 hours ago, Ashland said:

Thank you so much for replying with such detailed info.

WCB is covered except for 1 of the drinks in the Premium Pkg when i sailed last November.  The 15 and below is correct and never needed to go over it.  Drank my fill of specialty teas (not really a coffee person in warm weather) and WCB drinks.  Tho I am expecting changes in pricing and other areas once cruising is aloud to continue.  But Ill suffice with All Inclusive Resorts for the time being looks like. 

On 9/20/2020 at 8:20 PM, Ashland said:

Thanks..yes I actually got 4 perks with my suite S2 category. But was wondering exactly what drinks 

are available with I guess the premium drink pkg.....Like frozen drinks, Mojito's, soda's,etc.

It does not matter WHAT drink you want, but if you exceeed the per drink $ limit, you pay the difference plus grautity

On 9/20/2020 at 5:20 PM, Ashland said:

Thanks..yes I actually got 4 perks with my suite S2 category. But was wondering exactly what drinks 

are available with I guess the premium drink pkg.....Like frozen drinks, Mojito's, soda's,etc.

This flyer from the Celebrity website breaks down all the drinks covered by the various drink packages.

beverage-package-flyer-optimized.pdf

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DUTRAVEL said:

This flyer from the Celebrity website breaks down all the drinks covered by the various drink packages.

beverage-package-flyer-optimized.pdf 562.84 kB · 3 downloads

Thanks so much for taking the time to post...but actually brand doesn't mean that much if anything at all to us personally. My question was more about "kind" of drinks .

• Like 1

Here is a link to the Bar menus on the Edge.  Prices are basically the same across the fleet, though there are some specialty drinks available only at certain bars.

These menus primarily show specialty cocktails, but you can use that information (prices) to generalize to other drinks.  The cost of a drink, I.e. Gin & Tonic, will change if you request a high-end gin . . . Just an example.

https://eatsleepcruise.com/2019/01/celebrity-edge-bars-guide/

49 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

Here is a link to the Bar menus on the Edge.  Prices are basically the same across the fleet, though there are some specialty drinks available only at certain bars.

These menus primarily show specialty cocktails, but you can use that information (prices) to generalize to other drinks.  The cost of a drink, I.e. Gin & Tonic, will change if you request a high-end gin . . . Just an example.

https://eatsleepcruise.com/2019/01/celebrity-edge-bars-guide/

Thank you so much...So we're in a S2 category is there any bar (area) that we won't have access too....also I believe we're Elite level also due to being a D+ on RCI.

Edited by Ashland

22 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Thank you so much...So we're in a S2 category is there any bar (area) that we won't have access too....also I believe we're Elite level also due to being a D+ on RCI.

Since you're in a suite, I believe the only bar or restaurant you can't access would be Blu, the restaurant specifically for aqua class passengers.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bama4cruisin said:

Since you're in a suite, I believe the only bar or restaurant you can't access would be Blu, the restaurant specifically for aqua class passengers.  

While Blu is the assigned MDR for Aqua class staterooms, suite passengers are allowed access on a space available basis.  

Ashland:  A Sky Suite 2 (what you are referencing as a SS2) is essentially a relatively larger stateroom.  You will have access to Luminae as your assigned dining room.  If you have mentioned which ship you will be sailing on I have missed that reference, but you will have access to Michael's Club/the Retreat (the name depends on which ship you will be sailing on).  All bars are available to you, but if your order a drink priced over the premium price level you will be charged the differential.  But remember that the contents of your in room mini-bar are not covered by the premium beverage package.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

While Blu is the assigned MDR for Aqua class staterooms, suite passengers are allowed access on a space available basis.  

Aurora, thank you for correcting my error!  Sad thing is, I knew that.  Since I believe this is the OP's first Celebrity cruise, I want them to have the best experience they can possibly have.

9 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

I think it should be noted that suite pax were allowed access on space available basis.

No one knows how dining will be regulated when cruising returns. It may be exactly the same privilege, but it also could be set dining times only for AQ pax.

I'm in a true aft S2 (#1669) on Reflection. It's actually my 2nd time on X. I had an A1 on Eclipse...wasn't too impressed with this particular category so I've moved up a bit (I usually sail in a GS or up on RCI)...hoping I like this better. However the itinerary on my first X was Ireland, Iceland & Scotland (loved that) and this 2nd itinerary will be the British Isles...very excited for this one.

I understand about the mini-bar it's the same on RCI.

Edited by Ashland

• 2 weeks later...

We have the classic package included in our Apex cruise.  Probably don't need the next package up, but how is the upgrade handled in any event?  As of my planner today the classic package is $47; while the next package is $55.  Do we just pay the difference, plus 20%?

Sure hope we're back to sailing by the end of April!

On 9/26/2020 at 11:59 AM, Ashland said:

I'm in a true aft S2 (#1669) on Reflection. It's actually my 2nd time on X. I had an A1 on Eclipse...wasn't too impressed with this particular category so I've moved up a bit (I usually sail in a GS or up on RCI)...hoping I like this better. However the itinerary on my first X was Ireland, Iceland & Scotland (loved that) and this 2nd itinerary will be the British Isles...very excited for this one.

I understand about the mini-bar it's the same on RCI.

We also book grand suites on rccl or better and sky suites or better on Celebrity, I prefer size of grand suite and layout, but celebrity is way better on perks there suite restaurant is way better than rccl on ships that have suite restaurant and suite lounge is way better also with larger selection of drinks and wines and open all day not just for a few hours a day for drinks at least. 

54 minutes ago, George C said:

We also book grand suites on rccl or better and sky suites or better on Celebrity, I prefer size of grand suite and layout, but celebrity is way better on perks there suite restaurant is way better than rccl on ships that have suite restaurant and suite lounge is way better also with larger selection of drinks and wines and open all day not just for a few hours a day for drinks at least. 

I'm definitely not a fan of most of RCI's GS...the older style with one large room...and that dry bar location in front of the closet.......Eeeek.

49 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I'm definitely not a fan of most of RCI's GS...the older style with one large room...and that dry bar location in front of the closet.......Eeeek.

Again grand suites are much larger , double sinks in bathroom. All the one we have had had at least a curtain separating bed and rest of the room which sky suite didn’t. But to each there own, as I said in general I prefer celebrity suites because of the perks.

1 hour ago, George C said:

Again grand suites are much larger , double sinks in bathroom. All the one we have had had at least a curtain separating bed and rest of the room which sky suite didn’t. But to each there own, as I said in general I prefer celebrity suites because of the perks.

I don't need a curtain...It's the narrow access to the closet in the older type of GS on RCI.....I'll book an OS any day over a GS unless it's the newer one bedroom GS's.

Looking forward to my X true aft Sky Suite.

4 hours ago, joand452 said:

We have the classic package included in our Apex cruise.  Probably don't need the next package up, but how is the upgrade handled in any event?  As of my planner today the classic package is $47; while the next package is $55.  Do we just pay the difference, plus 20%?

Sure hope we're back to sailing by the end of April!

The $47 & 55 are discounted prices.  The normal price s are $59 & $69.  The upgrade price is $10 + 20%. and rarely is discounted.  

• Thanks 1