Excursions in the future

SbbquilterUT

We are booked on the Solstice April 2021 for the Transpacific cruise.  I know we cannot accurately predict the future but in looking at the excursions that Celebrity currently offers are slim pickings if we have to stick to ship excursions.  Do we anticipate them widening the offerings?

2 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

We are booked on the Solstice April 2021 for the Transpacific cruise.  I know we cannot accurately predict the future but in looking at the excursions that Celebrity currently offers are slim pickings if we have to stick to ship excursions.  Do we anticipate them widening the offerings?

While no one knows the real answer to your question logic would dictate that yes, the cruiseline would HAVE TO widen their tour offerings if that's going to be the only way to leave the ship at a port stop. But you have to remember that the cruiselines now have to 'vet' each cruiseport tour vendor and that their offerings are in compliance to the safety protocols they have outlined to follow. That will take time. Physical distancing will require smaller groups and more buses. The cruiselines need to workout all the logistics with the tour operators in this new cruising environment.

6 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

While no one knows the real answer to your question logic would dictate that yes, the cruiseline would HAVE TO widen their tour offerings if that's going to be the only way to leave the ship at a port stop. But you have to remember that the cruiselines now have to 'vet' each cruiseport tour vendor and that their offerings are in compliance to the safety protocols they have outlined to follow. That will take time. Physical distancing will require smaller groups and more buses. The cruiselines need to workout all the logistics with the tour operators in this new cruising environment.

honestly, at this point I can give two s**ts about port tours.  I just want to cruise, start them up and let it go safely and build on it from there.

I agree with Kwopot that the cruise lines will have to add excursions. 

We are also booked for a TP in April on the Eclipse. I doubt that cruises that have multiple sea days in a row will occur until the pandemic is under control and a vaccine is widely available.  We don't plan to make final payment unless things dramatically.  Right now both the country we are to start from and the one we are scheduled to disembark are not allowing cruise ships and/ or tourists.

I believe that less choices, but more availability will be the result.  The Cruise lines have to be able to control the places people go to try to minimize risk.  Honestly, we cruise and consider the ship as our destination.  We do enjoy some off the ship excursions, but that wouldn't be a deal breaker if we had more sea days.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Multiple steps.

First, the port needs to be open.  They are discussing the need for ports to be handle evacuation of sick people off a ship.  How long till that happens?  For smaller ports possibly months.

Second, you need to be able to get to and from the cruise.  Not all of us take cruises out of Florida.  Canada and Australia are months away from allowing tourists.  

Third, the guidelines by CLIA call for shorter cruises to private islands at first.  Would guess the next step would be a bit longer with a port or two.  How long for a TA?  I have no idea

Fourth, as said cruiselines will need to start all over in getting vendors that will work with the new guidelines.  That will take time and my TA suggested there will be fewer different tours with more busses on each tour.

We will see what happens.  We are scheduled on a Greenland TA in July.  Will wait till April to see if any port tours.  If not will cancel.

• Like 2