Virtual treasure hunt.

Lanky Lad

10 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Another drink question, what & where ?

Screenshot_20201017-091513.png

Champagne flight in the Champagne Bar. I indulged in one on my last full day at sea last year. Delicious, especially with a side of sliced strawberries. Hope you enjoyed!

10 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Another drink question, what & where ?

Screenshot_20201017-091513.png

Champagne flight in the Champagne Bar. I indulged in one on my last full day at sea last year. Delicious, especially with a side of sliced strawberries. Hope you enjoyed!

13 minutes ago, steve1young said:

Interesting, it barely looks fizzy.

1 hour ago, Lanky Lad said:

There are copies of these paintings on QM2, but these are the originals.

PIC_0073.JPG

PIC_0072.JPG

Your comment about my photo of one of the QM2 paintings helped with this one.

On 10/3/2020 at 6:29 PM, Lanky Lad said:

As HH has said it's HM Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother.  The painting was on the original Queen Elizabeth, then moved to Caronia (I think), then D Stairway on QE2 next to the exit from the Theatre Balcony. ...

Then once again "theqe2story" website was of further assistance. I don't recall it from our one and only voyage on QE2, but I think this is the D stairway on QE2 near the theatre balcony.

2 hours ago, steve1young said:

It is, on QM2, it was lovely thank you.

20 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Your comment about my photo of one of the QM2 paintings helped with this one.

Then once again "theqe2story" website was of further assistance. I don't recall it from our one and only voyage on QE2, but I think this is the D stairway on QE2 near the theatre balcony.

Just testing.   As you can see the picture of the Queen Mother on QM2 is only part of the original.

2 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Correct, it's shown in it's current location but where was it before ?

I think it used to be displayed just outside the Chart Room. Where is that current location? I've no doubt seen it there, just don't seem to recall it. It looks like it is overlooking the Grand Lobby near one of the shops.

• Like 1

The Boston Cup was carried into Liverpool cathedral in a grand procession during the concert on the 175th anniversary crossing.  It was an impressive sight.  Several voyages later, I had a conversation with Paul O'Laughlin (one of the Cunard entertainment directors, usually on QM2 but on QE on this occasion), and we got to talking about the 175th.  Paul commented on how heavy the cup was, and his fear that they would drop it during the procession.