Virtual treasure hunt.

Lanky Lad

On 10/4/2020 at 9:39 AM, Lanky Lad said:

How about this.  Extra points for the ship. 

DSC00420.jpg

Has anyone identified this Lanky Lad location/ship?  Apologies if I've missed any reply.  It looks very familiar, but I can't quite place it.  And I can't bring up an image that enables me to read the words on the sign. 

THe colour of the wood panels might suggest QE.  I don't think it is an entrance to a dining area, as there is no hand sanitiser dispenser.  Maybe a gangway entrance? 

Edited by sfred

13 minutes ago, sfred said:

Has anyone identified this Lanky Lad location/ship?  Apologies if I've missed any reply.  It looks very familiar, but I can't quite place it.  And I can't bring up an image that enables me to read the words on the sign. 

THe colour of the wood panels might suggest QE.  I don't think it is an entrance to a dining area, as there is no hand sanitiser dispenser.  Maybe a gangway entrance? 

I’m thinking it might be the entrance the the Queen’s.Room. Doors closed waiting for a party/function to start?

46 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

I’m thinking it might be the entrance the the Queen’s.Room. Doors closed waiting for a party/function to start?

You are correct.  I think it was the Wolrd Club party.  But which ship? 

1 hour ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Sorry @Lanky Lad. Wrong location and wrong ship.

It is one of the current fleet if that’s any help. (Well it narrows it down to two ships at least)

Must be Victoria as the chairs on QE have leather type seats.  The room I don't know.

3 minutes ago, Lanky Lad said:

You are correct.  I think it was the Wolrd Club party.  But which ship? 

Ah, then it would have to be QE or QV.  QM2's doors to the Queens Room are patterned and more elaborate.  Colour of the wood would suggest QE?

2 minutes ago, sfred said:

Ah, then it would have to be QE or QV.  QM2's doors to the Queens Room are patterned and more elaborate.  Colour of the wood would suggest QE?

You are right about it being QE or QV, but picked the wrong one.  It's QV.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lanky Lad said:

Must be Victoria as the chairs on QE have leather type seats.  The room I don't know.

It is QV.

If you don’t recognise the room (you won’t be the only one), ask yourself why not? The photo was taken on the Maiden Voyage which is significant, but won’t really help you.

19 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

It is QV.

If you don’t recognise the room (you won’t be the only one), ask yourself why not? The photo was taken on the Maiden Voyage which is significant, but won’t really help you.

It looks like one of the Connexions rooms.

16 minutes ago, Lanky Lad said:

A tricky one.  I think I know where I took this picture.  To make life easier, it's on QM2 but where?

invincible.jpg

Looks like something that would be on those quirky lower deck bow corridors that extend alongside Illuminations to staircase A?