New Covid Regulations Coming?

comcox

38 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I care because even though they have no symptoms they can infect me (especially as they probably take no precautions because they feel healthy). I don't think they will be thrilled when they infect one of their grandparents or parents who may pay the ultimate price..

Someone took a few nips out of me for referring to SOME Americans as arrogant.

14 hours ago, LHT28 said:

It will probably be like in the Spring when cruise lines had to put pax on a private transport to the airport  then chartered flights to their home town ..cannot recall  what happened the  other end of the flight  but I am guessing they had to provide transportation to their home

That was for pax without the virus

most lines just kept the infected pax onboard until  they tested negative

What they will do  if they get to sail  anytime soon is anyone's guess

JMO

Thanks and I think your last sentence is right on point.   I would add the thumbs up emoji, but I'm advised that now means more of a sarcastic "yeah right" response.  So instead, I'll just say 🍻   (Cheers!).  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ABoatNerd said:

Idubs, your point is spot on.

If identified positive at the pier, who will allow you to fly home?

The cruise lines will have rid themselves of you.  Then what happens?

This is one of the sweet spots in the chess game of the virus and cruising, one that the cruise industry and its cheerleaders want to sweep under the rug.  

I think anyone showing up at the pier would have a negative test in hand (according to the OP's link).  Of course anyone showing symptoms such as elevated temps will get a closer look and could be denied boarding.    

I agree that specifics for handling covid cases identified on board is one of the bigger missing pieces.   I think in reality there isn't a ready solution.  As things progress I hope for more clarity.   

In Ontario, Canada, yesterday, we have had the largest single day # of new cases since this virus started.

This is due to much more testing and the results of many younger folk being out for our short summer season which has just ended. The "experts" indicate this is not a second wave, simply 2 variables have changed since March adjusting the profile of the virus.

But yet, I remain concerned about the ability of consumers to reliably purchase, acquire and enjoy a cruise product.  The variation in the testing, the nature of people's activity can have a negative impact on actually getting on a cruise ship with any certainty.