Leftover FCC

alyssamma

From the US MSC website:

What happens if there is a difference in the new cruise fare and the Future Cruise Credit issued? 

If your new cruise booking is greater than the value of your Future Cruise Credit, you will be responsible for the difference.  

Alternatively, if the new cruise fare is lower than the Future Cruise Credit's value, a new Future Cruise Credit will be issued for the balance. 

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise-cancellation-faqs

Edited by Até

Ate, thanks...I actually saw that. I should have been more clear...was hoping someone had direct experience since what MSC says online vs. what they do is almost always different 🙂

As an example, I called them and was told I could not split the FCC across bookings and would get the extra, if any, as OBC. This doesn't exactly make sense tho, so was hoping someone had direct knowledge.

I booked a cruise with FCC and have about $525 leftover - that amount shows up under the payment details of the new cruise confirmation as a negative balance - I was never issued a new FCC but can see that I have the $525 amount sitting there - and will be able to address that when I book another cruise. 

1 minute ago, cellfree said:

I booked a cruise with FCC and have about $525 leftover - that amount shows up under the payment details of the new cruise confirmation as a negative balance - I was never issued a new FCC but can see that I have the $525 amount sitting there - and will be able to address that when I book another cruise. 

So...what does "address that when I book another cruise" mean?

Did MSC specifically tell you that you can use that for a credit on another cruise?

What happens if you don't book another cruise by 12/31/21?

Alyssamma, when I call to book another cruise I will tell them that I still have $525 FCC sitting in my account to be used. When I booked our cruise using FCC, yes the agent told me i had $525 to use on another booking and I could see that as a negative balance on the cruise I booked. As far as I know, you lose it if not used by date you were given. It is my understanding you need to use the FCC by 12/31/2021 but the cruise can sail after that date, just get it booked. I do not believe any excess of FCCs issued in US can be used for on board activities/tours/etc.

Edited by cellfree

14 minutes ago, sidari said:

In the UK, I was told that you have to use any difference for things like tours.

Thanks...this matches what I was told by the rep

3 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Alyssama, when I call to book another cruise I will tell them that I still have $525 FCC sitting in my account to be used. When I booked our cruise using FCC, yes the agent told me i had $525 to still use and I could see that as a negative balance on the cruise I booked. As far as I know, you lose it if not used by date you were given. It is my understanding you need to use the FCC by 12/31/2021 but the cruise can sail after that date, just get it booked. 

Thanks...I guess this is as good of an answer as I will get. Hopefully you do get to use that 525 and it doesn't get "lost" 🙂

52 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Thanks...this matches what I was told by the rep

Thanks...I guess this is as good of an answer as I will get. Hopefully you do get to use that 525 and it doesn't get "lost" 🙂

If that amount doesn’t get transferred to a 2049 booking place holder it will not be recognized as FCC. That will just remain in the record that way. MSC Accounting is who you want an MSC rep to contact about it Internally. For this reason I’m upgrading my cabin to use it all in one shot. 

OP: You’re completely correct in asking this question and you are obviously not new to the MSC ways. Honestly, I’d just use it in one reservation. 

• Like 1

Called MSC, this is what I was told: the leftover FCC will remain there (negative balance on new cruise booked with FCC) until 14 days after end of new cruise at which time I will receive a new FCC in the amount of my negative balance and that FCC will not expire until 12/31/2022. I actually called two times and got the same story from both agents. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cellfree said:

Called MSC, this is what I was told: the leftover FCC will remain there (negative balance on new cruise booked with FCC) until 14 days after end of new cruise at which time I will receive a new FCC in the amount of my negative balance and that FCC will not expire until 12/31/2022. I actually called two times and got the same story from both agents. 

Thank you!

• Like 1