Instead of Cancellations and Refunds....

Dunk

3 hours ago, rdsqrl said:

It's hardly off-topic or irrelevant to talk about godmothers for Princess ships, and really?  The boards have "gone off the rails"?  Look around you:  life has gone off the rails since March.    Just relax and go with the flow.  

I love the suggestion of Julie Andrews.  

Never heard of Bindi Irwin before this.  Not a fan of nepotism; has she done anything besides just being the daughter of a dead TV guy?

I nominate Eileen Collins, test pilot and the first female space shuttle pilot.  A woman of achievement on her own.  Space flight definitely fits into the theme of "discovery." 

Well then, let's go beyond the stars (Enchanted or Discovery).  Sally Ride (first female astronaut).  Bindi Irwin was on "Dancing with the Stars" but she has carried on her father's legacy and is quite the animal person herself.  Christa McAuliffe (first teacher in space).  But I remain with my original, Julie Andrews.

Thank you for starting this fun thread.  Nice to be thinking of something else besides COVID.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Well then, let's go beyond the stars (Enchanted or Discovery).  Sally Ride (first female astronaut).  Bindi Irwin was on "Dancing with the Stars" but she has carried on her father's legacy and is quite the animal person herself.  Christa McAuliffe (first teacher in space).  But I remain with my original, Julie Andrews.

Thank you for starting this fun thread.  Nice to be thinking of something else besides COVID.

Usually they select people who are alive and can show up at the ceremony.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dunk said:

They did something like that before--i forget which ship (no longer in service), but the Godmother was their most travelled passenger at the time. 

Lorraine Arzt – Royal Princess (2)*

(Princess most traveled passenger)
June 14, 2007
Portofino, Italy

*No longer sailing in Princess fleet

Believe this was one of the R ships.

Lorraine was a permanent guest on the original Royal Princess

• Like 1