Update from NCL, Oct 5th. Suspended sailing extensions.

ColeThornton

4 hours ago, roger001 said:

In my opinion...and you know how that is...we all got one.....no way in hell did NCL on Oct 1st think they would have a ship ready for, and all the restrictive conditions met, and ports' approvals, crew and such by November 2nd, only four weeks later.   Not in their wildest dreams.  My opinion.  A meeting with Pence would not have unlocked the door that day.  It would have only...maybe...allowed preparation to go forward to meet conditions.  Wheels don't spin that fast.  Ooops....opinion here again of course.  

And Del Rio just said today, "It will take at least 60 days to get an NCL ship ready to said".   Again, to be selling cruises that they know can't go (Nov 2nd selling on Oct 1st)....jerks.  

4 minutes ago, roger001 said:

And Del Rio just said today, "It will take at least 60 days to get an NCL ship ready to said".   Again, to be selling cruises that they know can't go (Nov 2nd selling on Oct 1st)....jerks.  

Well, what name do you have for the consumers who actually give them the money knowing the current circumstances?

• Like 1

Just now, ColeThornton said:

Well, what name do you have for the consumers who actually give them the money knowing the current circumstances?

Do they know...other than a few on here?  We, on here, seem to be pretty wise to the ways of the NCL world. So a few of those folks do roll the dice betting on 125% FCC.    However, probably 90% or more of cruise guests are not on here and take a merchant's advertised product as legitimate.   So for those folks, guess I'll call them a customer that has been duped by a dishonest merchant.  

On 10/5/2020 at 3:41 PM, MoCruiseFan said:

The final decision was made this morning.  Up until then it was go as planned.

This doesn't pass the logic test for me. Del Rio knew it would take 60 days to get a ship ready. That puts NCL into December.

Or are you suggesting that Del Rio was unaware of the time-frame to ready a ship? If the later is true, that's downright frightening. 

I was on a November cruise that was canceled. So I rebooked yesterday for 2021. Then today I got a letter saying my 2020 cruise was canceled due to non- payment (I was paid in full). I told the agent I was paying a new deposit for the cruise and would wait for my refund from the cancelled cruise. He said ok ( I don’t think he was all knowing of the new cancellation terms). Are you all saying that they will not give me a refund now? 

10 hours ago, roger001 said:

I think this is being taken out of context. Had the 60 day clock started with their restart cruises?