Jewel refunds

We had 3 cruises on the Jewel scheduled for October 2021 that were cancelled.   Has anyone received refunds?  They owe us $1100.00.  Wouldn't let us move deposits.   So far have received $10.18 & $441.38.  Makes no sense.  Any ideas?

4 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

We had 3 cruises on the Jewel scheduled for October 2021 that were cancelled.   Has anyone received refunds?  They owe us $1100.00.  Wouldn't let us move deposits.   So far have received $10.18 & $441.38.  Makes no sense.  Any ideas?

Give them time, it’s only been 2 weeks.  

I am still waiting on a small portion of my refund from a May 2020 cruise.  The amounts have come in such weird amounts the past few months that it has been difficult to track and match up everything- deposits, balances and cruise planner items for two cabins.  Royal had closed my refund until I called and pointed out the exact date of my credit charges and we totaled up about 20 strange credits from them over the phone.  The agent was patient and helpful and hopefully it will all get straightened out soon.   

Advice going forward that I would give: make a chart as you make payments, reprice things, date of refunds and if possible pay with different credit cards- it helped to sort out the mess by having things assigned to a specific card.  i.e. deposit and balances and repricing of cabin on one card and cruise planner charges/repricing on another.

Good luck, be patient and be diligent and hopefully it will all work out.

2 hours ago, XXCRUISER_01 said:

It took 11 days and my deposit was back on my CC account.

I guess you booked in Germany. The consumer rights are way better than what happens in the USA with refunds. My German-booked cruises which have been cancelled were reimbursed ea in one installment after 7 working days, my US booked cruises took 120 days in increments

We had three families booked on Jewel in July 2021. Everyone has received all refunds. Said they were sent on Sept. 30, showed up on CC a few days later. Some refunds were in complete amounts, some were in random small amounts that added up to correct amount due. We were all pleasantly surprised that it came as quickly as it did. I hope everyone else gets theirs soon.

Final payment received today.   I had called the other day but Royal wouldn't tell me anything because it had been booked with a ta!  Annoying but since I finally got 5he last bit back, nothing else to complain about.

On 10/9/2020 at 6:06 PM, njkruzer said:

I have 2 cruises in Oct 2021 and have received no info on cancellations. That is 11 months from now!!!! I'm surprised there would be cancellations so far in advance. Are you sure it is not a scam or joke or mistake? My 2 cruises have gone down twice this month and I received new paper work with the lower price both times. I did have 4 cruises cancelled in 2020 and the refunds came in amounts that did not equal room, tax, or insurance amounts. I was told it is due to an odd accounting system that no one understands. I have asked multiple times (as far back as June of this year) to be contacted by some one who can tell me what they owe me and when I might get it. As usual no response from RCL.

2 minutes ago, jimblack1 said:

I have 2 cruises in Oct 2021 and have received no info on cancellations. That is 11 months from now!!!! I'm surprised there would be cancellations so far in advance. Are you sure it is not a scam or joke or mistake? My 2 cruises have gone down twice this month and I received new paper work with the lower price both times. I did have 4 cruises cancelled in 2020 and the refunds came in amounts that did not equal room, tax, or insurance amounts. I was told it is due to an odd accounting system that no one understands. I have asked multiple times (as far back as June of this year) to be contacted by some one who can tell me what they owe me and when I might get it. As usual no response from RCL.

These were cruises on the Jewel from Barcelona scheduled for October 2021. The Jewel is going to sail from Copenhagen instead and the Adventure will now be doing short cruises from Barcelona.   I think the passengers who were supposed to sail on the Adventure from Copenhagen were moved to the Jewel and the Jewel passengers were canceled and deposits refunded.   I now have all my deposits refunded and booked new cruises.  Wasn't a scam.  Was annoying.  

1 hour ago, jimblack1 said:

Jewel’s original May through October 2021 cruises were cancelled on Sept. 23rd. As mentioned, Jewel will take over Adventure’s summer Baltic cruises from Copenhagen. After a 12-night Copenhagen to Boston Transatlantic on Aug. 31 - Jewel will take over Brilliance’s Canada & New England cruises from Boston. 

You definitely should’ve received an email from RCI about the cancellations, and your credit card account may already have been credited for the deposits. 

This is the thread about the summer 2021 itinerary changes: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2761211-new-royal-caribbean-announces-updates-to-2021-summer-cruises/

Edited by NancyIL

Biker 19,

Thanks for the input. I was totally confused about my Oct '21 cruises. They are on the Explorer not the Jewel!!!! We are booked on the Jewel for Jan/Feb of '21and are still waiting for news about crusing or cancelling. I sure hope for everyone's sake the C19 is under control by Oct '21. I still have not been able to get any help about my refunds for the 3 that were cancelled. Happy sailing.

jim