Where have The " regulars" Gone....DaiB....Selbourne....Andy...etc.

janny444

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Now I'm not a Beatles fan, nor The Rolling Stones I'm afraid. We saw Roy Orbison at the Batley Variety Club in the late sixties and he was amazing. The way he just casually sat there and out came that wonderfully unique, natural voice. A true singer.

Avril

I agree, Roy was a real one off, in later life he made a brilliant album with Eric Clapton and George Harrison calling themselves the Travelling Wilberries.

The Batley Variety Club was a great venue, they had all the top acts of the day.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, batholiver said:

Since 'reputation' seems to have far more to do with the number of posts I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.  It's rather like fishing for likes on FB - pointless and rather needy. 

But someone serving a ban? How long does that last? Is it common here? Anyone care to fess up with the gory details?

Number 1 has 5766 posts

Number 4 has 1969 posts

Number 5 has 906 posts.

They are on a thread that gets many likes hence their positions.

I got a 5 day pause by going off cruise topic.

Usually it takes someone to complain about you on Report a Post.

Bans exist, I have had 2.
One for repeatedly mentioning Facepoke  after warnings and the other after being reported by a twat... Most of you will guess who that is... 
Andy 
wow!
And how long did the ban last each time?

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Now I'm not a Beatles fan, nor The Rolling Stones I'm afraid. We saw Roy Orbison at the Batley Variety Club in the late sixties and he was amazing. The way he just casually sat there and out came that wonderfully unique, natural voice. A true singer.

Avril

I love the Beatles 😊

22 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I saw Tommy Steele a few years ago in Scrooge. He must have been in his late 70's at the time, and he was brilliant.

I've just Googled him and noticed that he was knighted this year. 

The first record I bought was by Tommy Steele in the 50s, called Butterfingers.

• Like 1

Number 1 has 5766 posts
Number 4 has 1969 posts
Number 5 has 906 posts.
They are on a thread that gets many likes hence their positions.
I got a 5 day pause by going off cruise topic.
Usually it takes someone to complain about you on Report a Post.

Which thread is that?
I am surprised that you got a 5 day pause, when you are so helpful and have such a great reputation
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Blimey bro, I'd fogotten him, that's stirred a few memory cells. Tommy Steele with his Little White Bull, Lonnie Donegan, his old man was a dustman you know?😁

Sis

My Dad had the old 45 of ‘My ol man’s a dustman’ My sister and I would play it over and over as kids 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Having just retired, my Partner recently sold his Holiday Park, with Club.   

On Saturday nights the place buzzed and it was always 60's and 70s that got every body up, regardless of age or fitness.  8 year olds danced away with 80 year olds, .. Dave Clark Five, Searchers, Kinks, Showwaddywaddy, T Rex, Roxy Music, Moody Blues, The Move to name a few.  Also Abba usually raised the roof. (not in person, I add!!😀)

I don't miss him working all hours, but I really miss the buzz and hard work (and dancing) on a Saturday night, although we will go to other clubs post Covid.

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, drsel said:

Which thread is that?
I am surprised that you got a 5 day pause, when you are so helpful and have such a great reputation

Sids 'AY Tee El (ATL).

I have never been on it but there are 23,000 replies.

Thank you I always try to be helpful.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

Anyone remember The Monkees? I have to confess to loving their TV programme and music.I was also a fan of David Essex, David Cassidy and The Bay City Rollers and loved to dance to music by T Rex, Sweet and Mud at disco's! A bit embarrassing to admit now!!

Brings back memories dancing to 'Crazy Horses' and 'I Love your tiger feet' at the school lunchtime disco

• Like 4

Have just caught up with today's posts.  I too remember seeing Mercury Rising, don't remember when though, and enjoyed the show.  My music tast is very varied to say the least.  Elton John grew up in the estate less than a mile from where we lived - my Mum knew his aunt. I can't say that I've met any pop stars, but have met several sporting personalities when I was working at the BBC. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

One was 3 days and one 5 days.

It used to happen often, but I think they are being lenient at the moment. 

Andy 

The moderators on some of the other forums seem to be a lot stricter than on this P and O one, you seem to be allowed much more freedom here.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

Never got to see any of the Glam Rock bands but (and I don't think I dare mention this) I did see The Bay City Rollers at the Victoria Hall in Hanley😁  Would loved to have seen Queen though or The Jam!

We were lucky enough to see a lot of well known names is Stoke.  My friends and I frequented The Place, The Placemate, The Top Rank and The Heavy Steam Machine.  I remember Cliff Richard, Rod Stewart and the Small Faces, Bay City Rollers, Sweet, Mud, The Drifters, David Bowie, Thin Lizzie. There was an evening at The Place listening to someone named Reg Dwight, I think that he could have changed his name a couple of years later 🤣🤣

• Like 2

Sids 'AY Tee El (ATL).
I have never been on it but there are 23,000 replies.
Thank you I always try to be helpful.
Graham.
But that is on the float away lounge where posts are not counted, or so I heard.
So how can likes and quotes be counted?

39 minutes ago, batholiver said:

Thanks. The reputation thing is amusing.  It's also amusing to see that one very regular poster here looks to be tactically aiming for that number one slot. Good luck!

Personally I love cruising and post on Royal Caribbean as well as P&O.

I am happy people like my posts and find them helpful and that is my sole motivation for posting plus I also press like on a lot of others posts that I find helpful.

• Like 2

Personally I love cruising and post on Royal Caribbean as well as P&O.

I am happy people like my posts and find them helpful and that is my sole motivation for posting plus I also press like on a lot of others posts that I find helpful.

By helping others you will get dopamine released in your brain

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We were lucky enough to see a lot of well known names is Stoke.  My friends and I frequented The Place, The Placemate, The Top Rank and The Heavy Steam Machine.  I remember Cliff Richard, Rod Stewart and the Small Faces, Bay City Rollers, Sweet, Mud, The Drifters, David Bowie, Thin Lizzie. There was an evening at The Place listening to someone named Reg Dwight, I think that he could have changed his name a couple of years later 🤣🤣

I remember seeing Shane Fenton and the Fentones, he later became much more famous has Alvin Stardust.

1 hour ago, drsel said:

Reputation is based on the number of likes and quotes, as dear Graham clarified.

Because the number 1 Sid doesn't have so many posts.

It's very unlikely that someone got banned on cruise critic forums.

he must be busy.

As I have said previously, the reputation score is a bit of a joke IMO. Those who make multiple posts, particularly over a short period, get bumped up the league table  Being the polite bunch that we are, we tend to ‘like’ posts a lot, which means that those who post the most get the most likes - and so it goes on. Relevance to cruising matters not a jot. General chit chat bumps you up the table, especially if others ‘like’ it. I’ve just managed to find the table and took a look at ‘Sids’ posts (the No 1 in the reputation table). Multiple posts in a day over a relatively short period and, from what I could see, none related to cruising. Just ‘what I’ve been doing today’ stuff which gets likes. There are two posters on this forum who don’t post as much as many of us, yet every post they make is incredibly helpful and insightful. One in particular would, I am sure, be held up as a very useful source of inside info, yet they appear way down the list below all us ‘regulars’. That person never goes off topic, never engages in posts for posts sake and would, IMO, be towards the top of the league if it was a true ‘reputation’ league table. So I genuinely wouldn’t waste any time where we all sit in the league table as I feel it’s a complete irrelevance. Just my opinion, of course. 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, drsel said:

But that is on the float away lounge where posts are not counted, or so I heard.
So how can likes and quotes be counted?

The posts don't count from Floataway Lounge on a person's post count but the likes count because 3 out of the top 5 on reputation post on that thread and their total posts are low.

I post on 2 Floataway Lounge threads but mine are just general non cruise chit chat among friends.

Friends of bell and

Last one to post wins.