Where have The " regulars" Gone....DaiB....Selbourne....Andy...etc.

janny444

5 hours ago, AnnieC said:

Enfield County? If so, I had quite a few friends there, and Enfield (boys) Grammar was a happy hunting ground back in my misspent youth.  I went to Southgate County, as did Gary Brooker's cousin (Procol Harum).

Enfield County it certainly was! 65–72. And we certainly shared the same hunting ground! 
my mum went to Southgate county...mind you...that was a long long time ago! 

7 hours ago, Mysticalmother said:

Enfield County it certainly was! 65–72. And we certainly shared the same hunting ground! 
my mum went to Southgate county...mind you...that was a long long time ago! 

I was the year above you, 64-71. The only name that springs to mind from your year is Gillian Kirby. Which primary school did you go to?

Sorry, everyone else; our trip down memory lane must be very tedious for you.🤭

14 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

I was the year above you, 64-71. The only name that springs to mind from your year is Gillian Kirby. Which primary school did you go to?

Sorry, everyone else; our trip down memory lane must be very tedious for you.🤭

I remember Gillian...she was in the same class as me for the first year. I went to Grange Park primary, worlds end lane. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mysticalmother said:

I remember Gillian...she was in the same class as me for the first year. I went to Grange Park primary, worlds end lane. 

Nice girl - wonder what happened to her? Will check with younger brother, who keeps in touch with quite a few people from back then, same school year as you, (and who, incidentally, used to brave you girls at Enfield County once a week to study Latin after our old Headmaster retired and the new broom disposed of it).

I went to Eversley, all of about half a mile from Grange Park. Mother worked at Highlands Hospital.

Again, apologies to everyone for the highjack, but there's no PM feature on here.

4 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Again, apologies to everyone for the highjack, but there's no PM feature on here

No need to apologise.

It's great when people find each other again.

Perhaps there should be some sort of web site for Friends Reunited ! Oh, hang on......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, pete14 said:

Novavax is a vaccine developed by an American company. It seems to be slightly behind the Oxford one but I am sure they will keep developing it through to licence because first doesn’t necessarily mean best and some may suit some people better than others. There is bound to be a market for any vaccine that is shown to be safe and effective. 

I think Novavax is Pfizers, which should mean you get perked up a bit as well if you have their vaccine!

2 hours ago, AnnieC said:

Nice girl - wonder what happened to her? Will check with younger brother, who keeps in touch with quite a few people from back then, same school year as you, (and who, incidentally, used to brave you girls at Enfield County once a week to study Latin after our old Headmaster retired and the new broom disposed of it).

I went to Eversley, all of about half a mile from Grange Park. Mother worked at Highlands Hospital.

Again, apologies to everyone for the highjack, but there's no PM feature on here.

oh..Eversley...you always beat us at Netball! Mind you,  we used to beat Merryhils!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I think Novavax is Pfizers, which should mean you get perked up a bit as well if you have their vaccine!

Novavax is an American based bio-technology company in it’s own right. I think Pfizer are at a similar development stage with their own vaccine. They could of course be linked in some way though but they do appear to be separate. Shame, I could do with a bit of perking up. 

18 hours ago, tartanexile81 said:

I'm an old timer and used to post a lot on the UK and the cruiseline boards especially roll calls but I think that other mega social media forum has taken over for lots of cruisers. I just find people I know use that one including many people who used to be on here  so I keep in touch with them via that.  However if I've got a cruise up and coming I will occasionally post here and I still check the boards once in a blue moon - like tonight!

Does anybody remember the P&O forum on the main P&O site? I loved that and it was free to use when you were onboard so you could set up friends on it to keep in touch when you were away. I made friends on those boards whom I still cruise with. 

I remember the P&O forum.  I had everyone signed up for my world cruise in 2013, so I could keep in touch for four months.  They closed it down a few weeks before we sailed 😫  I think the main prolem was the general boards.  They got quite nasty at times.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ann141 said:

Hello Tartanexile

Hope you are keeping well .I am disappointed that our January  2021 cruise on Ventura has been cancelled but hope to use information from your blog (from your Ventura cruise)if we sail on Ventura next year.

We're fine Ann and like you had our Winter cruise cancelled.We were doing a B2B on Iona- decided to take break from the Caribbean but will resume next yearn January on Ventura - fingers crossed!  If I can help in any way with your planning,  feel free to message me or email - tartanexile81 at outlook dot com. One thing I'd definitely recommend would be the day pass to the hotel in The Bahamas which is such a disappointing island

Glad some people still remember the old timers. I joined in 2008 for our first cruise on celebrity Summit. Joined the roll call but didn't say much. Probably stopped posting much here a couple of years ago. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tartanexile81 said:

We're fine Ann and like you had our Winter cruise cancelled.We were doing a B2B on Iona- decided to take break from the Caribbean but will resume next yearn January on Ventura - fingers crossed!  If I can help in any way with your planning,  feel free to message me or email - tartanexile81 at outlook dot com. One thing I'd definitely recommend would be the day pass to the hotel in The Bahamas which is such a disappointing island

Glad some people still remember the old timers. I joined in 2008 for our first cruise on celebrity Summit. Joined the roll call but didn't say much. Probably stopped posting much here a couple of years ago. 

Thank you for the recommendation for The Bahamas.I joined CC in 2014 after our 3rd cruise after a fellow cruiser told me about it.I have found The Ports of Call forum useful in planning and in the past have been part of Roll Calls but they don't seem as popular now as they were (at least not for P and O )Looking forward to cruising again when things get back to normal , though I realise things will change onboard 🙂 

5 hours ago, ann141 said:

Roll Calls but they don't seem as popular now as they were (at least not for P and O

There are lots of Roll Calls out there, with many members,  but not on this site. 

I was on one with about 50 members, which I thought was pretty good. In comparison, the roll call on cc for the same cruise was 8!

On 10/23/2020 at 6:42 PM, grapau27 said:

Hi Harry.

It is a while since you posted and I hope you are well.

A couple of other members have mentioned this also so please let us know all is well.

Graham.

Hi Graham,

I’m fine, but thanks for asking. A spot of surgery in hospital a couple of weeks ago, but recovering nicely. Almost clear of the normal Covid incubation period now, so that’s a big relief, given that I’m permanently on immunosuppressants. Had to restart the clock yesterday though - emergency dental appointment for Mrs P!

Haven’t posted for a while because I’ve had nothing useful to contribute, and I’ve got no great interest in wheely bins!  Cruising was a huge interest, and current affairs/politics.  No cruising to discuss, and straying into politics (much more interesting than wheely bins) tends to result in bans, so despite the lovely people in these forums, including yourself and Pauline, I’ve been on other forums where there’s a more enlightened approach to discussion of news and other issues. MSE for example. This is still a great forum for cruising matters, but a bit stifling if you want to talk about the way we’re handling the pandemic that’s stopping the cruising from happening.

Regards to all here - and good wishes in particular to all those who have their own particular problems during this unpleasant piece of history. Let’s hope we can soon consign it to history too.

Harry

Edited by Harry Peterson
  • Like 13

On 10/23/2020 at 7:30 PM, grapau27 said:

Hope he is well.

I was posting on cc on my mobile while in hospital after my heart attack as it kept my spirits up.

Graham.

On 10/23/2020 at 7:09 PM, kalos said:

Not sure but I seem to remember Harry was waiting for some medical treatment .:classic_unsure:

45 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Hi Graham,

I’m fine, but thanks for asking. A spot of surgery in hospital a couple of weeks ago, but recovering nicely.

Regards to all here - and good wishes in particular to all those who have their own particular problems during this unpleasant piece of history. Let’s hope we can soon consign it to history too.

Harry

Hi Harry

Glad to hear your operation went well and that your absence was due to you tormenting the nurses again .:classic_wink:

I'm still hanging in here just over a year waiting to see Mr Cardio  but will have to wait as you say to  ....

"consign this lot  to history."

Nice to hear from you ,until next time Take Care & Keep Safe :classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Hi Graham,

I’m fine, but thanks for asking. A spot of surgery in hospital a couple of weeks ago, but recovering nicely. Almost clear of the normal Covid incubation period now, so that’s a big relief, given that I’m permanently on immunosuppressants. Had to restart the clock yesterday though - emergency dental appointment for Mrs P!

Haven’t posted for a while because I’ve had nothing useful to contribute, and I’ve got no great interest in wheely bins!  Cruising was a huge interest, and current affairs/politics.  No cruising to discuss, and straying into politics (much more interesting than wheely bins) tends to result in bans, so despite the lovely people in these forums, including yourself and Pauline, I’ve been on other forums where there’s a more enlightened approach to discussion of news and other issues. MSE for example. This is still a great forum for cruising matters, but a bit stifling if you want to talk about the way we’re handling the pandemic that’s stopping the cruising from happening.

Harry

Nice to hear from you Harry and glad you are well and  although we are on different sides, I agree that it's a shame that CC don't seem to accept that politics impinge on everything, including cruising.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Hi Graham,

Harry

It's good to hear from you again Harry. I'm glad your surgery went well and that you're recovering alright. I understand why you're  not posting on here now and I hope that when cruising returns, so will you. Until then Harry, look after yourself and Mrs P, stay safe and take care.😊

Avril

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Hi Graham,

Harry

Great to hear you are recovering well Harry and I hope your wife is okay too.

Graham.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Hi Graham,

Harry

Nice to hear from you Harry. 

Keep safe and keep in touch.. 

We do worry... 

Andy 

• Like 7

Just great to hear from 'old friends' and we really don't care if you all just pop in here occasionally to say hello we will be more than happy with that. The new brochure for 2022 comes out soon so see you all then 🙂

• Like 4

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 10:25 AM, Harry Peterson said:

Hi Graham,

Harry

Seems you've wheely been missed,where've you bin.

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2020 at 12:16 PM, Adawn47 said:

It's good to hear from you again Harry. I'm glad your surgery went well and that you're recovering alright. I understand why you're  not posting on here now and I hope that when cruising returns, so will you. Until then Harry, look after yourself and Mrs P, stay safe and take care.😊

Avril

Hi Avril.

I hope you are okay because like me you post every day but never seen you post since this post.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1