Explorer of the Seas cabin category question

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 9:04 PM, ReneeFLL said:

We stayed in 9692. It's a great cabin and you get used to the superstructure.

Yesterday I would have been happy to hear this.  Today Royal cancelled my booking & moved me to another ship...

1 hour ago, NthernLgts said:

Yesterday I would have been happy to hear this.  Today Royal cancelled my booking & moved me to another ship...

Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately they seem to be doing a lot of that lately.

On 10/12/2020 at 11:02 AM, NthernLgts said:

What category of cabin are the Explorer aft balcony cabins 9390, 9392, 9690, & 9692 (post dry dock)?  These are the ones immediately next to the grand suites. The RCI site does not show a category for them.  Thanks.

Are you talking about the dry dock done in 2015..she missed the 2020 one unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Oh...so she did get it...I thought I had read it was cancelled...Thanks good to know.

Until we get some confirmation after the first few sailings, we won't know how much of the planned Amp was cancelled, but the mechanical part of the dry dock was certainly completed.

23 minutes ago, smalltimecruiser100 said:

wonder when they will dry dock for the other enhancements. I have a planned cruise for April '22

I don't see RCI (and RCG) being so flush with cash to do this before her next required dry dock - not likely before 2023 (now that she's 20 years old she needs two dry docks within the next 5 years).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smalltimecruiser100 said:

They just switched ships on me for Apr 22. Explorer now dep out of San Juan instead of Miami. Radiance now taking over and to different ports. That's a bummer! 

I was just switched too from Freedom to Explorer San Juan March 20, 2022 & March 27, 2022. But happy to know my ports and sail dates aren't changing. OBC $100.00pp for suites.