AMEX offer

Virgo61

20 hours ago, seabreeze0389 said:

Do you have the regular Amex Platinum or the Amex Delta Skymiles Platinum.  I called and was told this offer not valid for the Skymiles Platinum.  😞

There are quite a few exclusions between the Delta Platinum and AMEX Platinum (non-affiliated with any other company).  I've found that the AMEX Plat has the most useable (to me) benefits.  

A few years ago, ALL the mainstream cruise lines had a promo that by booking with ANY cruise line PCC or TA using the Plat card would net anywhere from $50-$300 OBC.  I haven't seen those types of promos for a while, though.

My Celebrity offer is through the Everyday card. It is spend $500 get 15,000 membership points. I don't really use the Membership points but I do see I can transfer them to Marriott on a point to point basis. Since I do use Marriott points that's a free room at a Category 3 in many places. Worth doing. Probably better than spending $500 on my RCCL card. What would I get in OBC for that? $5? 

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bit of added info on this.  My husband holds the primary Platinum Amex and we have 3 associate cards.  It's the same price for 1, 2 or 3  extra cards, so we gave them to our two children so they could use some of the perks.  I was able to get $150 statement credit for my husband's card, 15,000 points for my card and another 15,000 for each of the kids, so a total of 45,000 points and $150.  I just made payments for upcoming cruise in $500 increments.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2021 at 10:41 AM, ORV said:

My Celebrity offer is through the Everyday card. It is spend $500 get 15,000 membership points. I don't really use the Membership points but I do see I can transfer them to Marriott on a point to point basis. Since I do use Marriott points that's a free room at a Category 3 in many places. Worth doing. Probably better than spending $500 on my RCCL card. What would I get in OBC for that? $5? 

Just an update on this offer. I noticed the offer had disappeared from my card where I had added it, but it was put back in the mix and changed from the 15,000 membership points to $150 statement credit. I'm paying $500 on upcoming cruise in a couple of weeks. The offer is good through March. I'm glad I waited to spend anything on this as I'd rather have the $150. This is on the Everyday card. 

On 11/29/2021 at 4:41 PM, Julma said:

Just a bit of added info on this.  My husband holds the primary Platinum Amex and we have 3 associate cards.  It's the same price for 1, 2 or 3  extra cards, so we gave them to our two children so they could use some of the perks.  I was able to get $150 statement credit for my husband's card, 15,000 points for my card and another 15,000 for each of the kids, so a total of 45,000 points and $150.  I just made payments for upcoming cruise in $500 increments.  

We're doing the same! I have the platinum and my husband has a gold card. We're splitting the final payment on the cards and getting a total of $300 back! 

Also another fan of the Platinum card. The $20 a month Uber credit can be used for Uber Eats & Postmates too. They also added a streaming service rebate too. 

On 11/18/2021 at 9:23 AM, graphicguy said:

A few years ago, ALL the mainstream cruise lines had a promo that by booking with ANY cruise line PCC or TA using the Plat card would net anywhere from $50-$300 OBC.  I haven't seen those types of promos for a while, though.

This still exists, it’s called the AMEX Cruise Privileges Program (CPP). You have to either book your cruise through AMEX travel or through a travel agent that is affiliated and has access to the amex system for this (most do). I have applied the AMEX CPP on board credit perks to my upcoming NCL cruise and a few others. 

Reach out if you have any further questions on the program or want more details on it. 

Edit: this program is ONLY for AMEX platinum or centurion cardholders. Excludes Delta Skymiles Platinum AMEX. 

Edited by Cruise Gopher

On 12/15/2021 at 10:37 AM, ORV said:

Just an update on this offer. I noticed the offer had disappeared from my card where I had added it, but it was put back in the mix and changed from the 15,000 membership points to $150 statement credit. I'm paying $500 on upcoming cruise in a couple of weeks. The offer is good through March. I'm glad I waited to spend anything on this as I'd rather have the $150. This is on the Everyday card. 

Now both offers show on my card, and they are both added. I wonder which one I'll get when I spend $500?

Just a data point...I have the AMEX Plat, had the 15K point offer (I tripled checked the $150 wasn't there), made an X purchase in early Nov, received the points and now I see the $150 offer.  No idea when it showed up but it's possible you may receive another offer after redeeming one

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 4:08 PM, RichYak said:

IME, you'll get both!

I got two emails from Amex showing I have redeemed both offers. I'll wait and see if both are posted to my acct. I only made one $500 purchase. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 9:38 PM, RichYak said:

I love Amex offers. I had the Celebrity offer on my no-annual-fee Amex Everyday card and also on the additional card in my wife's name. $1,000 on my next cruise only cost me $700.

Worked that way for me, too. Used for deposits with TA.

On 12/18/2021 at 5:34 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Just a data point...I have the AMEX Plat, had the 15K point offer (I tripled checked the $150 wasn't there), made an X purchase in early Nov, received the points and now I see the $150 offer.  No idea when it showed up but it's possible you may receive another offer after redeeming one

Same here!