Fort Lauderdale Hotels

rbslos18

We like the Pier 66 Marina Hotel.  Old but still nice.  A tower room with a view of the port and you can see the ships coming and going.  They have a nice restaurant on the ICW waterway and lots of mega yachts to view.  Lots of options in Ft. Lauderdale.

We have stayed at a number of Fort Lauderdale area hotels over the years, but have settled on Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port, 1851 SE 10th Avenue.  The hotel is within walking distance of everything we might need...restaurants, shopping, etc.

We usually fly in three or four days prior to embarkation and have always stayed free on points transferred from our Chase Sapphire Reserve account. 

One of my very favorite hotels on all of this planet is The Pillars in Ft. Lauderdale. In my book, as close to perfection as you will find. Though small, they have an outstanding chef as well as top notch accommodations. In any case, have a look at their website.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, -Lew- said:

We have stayed at a number of Fort Lauderdale area hotels over the years, but have settled on Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port, 1851 SE 10th Avenue.  The hotel is within walking distance of everything we might need...restaurants, shopping, etc.

We usually fly in three or four days prior to embarkation and have always stayed free on points transferred from our Chase Sapphire Reserve account. 

We also like the Hyatt Place, and also stay on points.

20 hours ago, rbslos18 said:

Any suggestions for a one-night pre-cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale? It's for our December 2021 Panama Canal cruise. Planning this is keeping my sanity!!

RB

Best hotel at the "reasonable" price point is RIVERSIDE 

Central for restaurants, shopping and nighlife.

Has a good restaurant, nice canalside bar/restaurant and gym.

Pillars is a favourite, but you need 3/4 days to enjoy it and the surroundings.

For one night - Riverside 

Riverside also has slightly smaller rooms at a reduced rate - Micro Rooms

Ask/Book a Tower Room

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Predictive

On 10/23/2020 at 2:55 PM, lextrvlr said:

One of my very favorite hotels on all of this planet is The Pillars in Ft. Lauderdale. In my book, as close to perfection as you will find. Though small, they have an outstanding chef as well as top notch accommodations. In any case, have a look at their website.

I would second this , The Pillars is magnificent. 

Mark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Ritz Carlton on the beach in Fort Lauderdale is wonderful...the service is excellent, the rooms & beds are heavenly, the pool perfect & the restaurants will provide perfect nourishment ( think sitting on the outdoor terrace having breakfast overlooking the beach the day you sail) and only a 15 ride to the pier...delish, delightful, deluxe.

We've stayed there many times over the years since it opened.

• Like 1