CDC Lifts No Sail Order

travelhound

2 hours ago, travelhound said:

This is a game changer.  When the vaccine starts distribution, the fear will start to flatten and we can all stop with the hyperbole.  Hopefully all of us will then be able to enjoy a Corona Beer on our next cruise 🙂

....and that is just one of 4 companies all marching the same music.

• Like 1

Until everyone in this country starts taking the virus more seriously, the virus numbers will continue to spike and the no sail order will come

You can’t win the virus war if only half the people are engaged in the battle

Everyone seems to want to blame everyone else for what’s going on but take a look in the mirror and ask that person, am I doing enough?

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, fyree39 said:

Anyone see this Cruise Passenger Protection Act being introduced by Congress? Something new to wring your hands about.  I saw it on Yahoo news this morning. 

Not a lot new there, much clarification of the previous Cruise Vessel Security and Safety Act.  One thing that I noticed was that they are instructing the DOT to determine if the Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights is enforceable under Federal law.  When this was pushed, back in 2010 at the time of the CVSSA, I noted that Congress asked CLIA and the cruise line executives if they would agree to a Bill of Rights, and many here on CC, and the larger cruising public, took the adoption of the Bill of Rights to be law, which it is not, and I'm fairly sure that the DOT will find that under international law, none of the "rights" are enforceable, which is why it wasn't done at the time.

• Like 2