CDC Lifts No Sail Order

travelhound

6 minutes ago, Moviela said:

First, CCL has Shaq under contract, hoops will be no problem.

We use the rapid test for people needing access to our most secure film vaults. The unit is a bit larger than a microwave oven and sits on a counter top. It installs in an hour, and a day to verify calibration. 

The 60 day filing rule is a suggestion because of the specific language "should." The holidays will not slow anything because the agency has a duty to prevent significant financial harm to applicants. I believe they intend to be cooperative.

I'd love it if carnival is in the water by dec. Even for the volunteer cruises. Like I said I got a zillion shares of ccl so nothing would make me happier. 

Let's hope carnival gets going. 

8 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The CDC has no authority in other countries.

Interesting. So it's up the the cruiseline to decide.

All the people assuming excursions are ship only could be wrong, though it's a good excuse for carnival to say carnival only excursions, for your safety. 

Glad to see some answers finally.

9 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t think the CDC would sit on paperwork considering the pressure they are receiving from a higher level. Of course this could all change based on what happens next week. There is still a possibility the CDC will get its way and declare a no sail order in late January. 

I think the CDC got exactly what they wanted.  They removed the stigma of a shut down order, and yet retained all the requirements from that no sail order.  They believe that the requirements listed in the conditional sail order are the best obtainable from an infectious disease prevention standpoint.  The cost and time frame needed to set up all the infrastructure gives them time to analyze the industry's response and commitment to the process, and tweak the details as needed to best protect the US public.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

I think the CDC got exactly what they wanted.  They removed the stigma of a shut down order, and yet retained all the requirements from that no sail order.  They believe that the requirements listed in the conditional sail order are the best obtainable from an infectious disease prevention standpoint.  The cost and time frame needed to set up all the infrastructure gives them time to analyze the industry's response and commitment to the process, and tweak the details as needed to best protect the US public.

Didn't see or I missed it what length (days) will the cruise lines need to do trial runs, in your opinion. 3-4-5 days?

Being ships will already be ready to receive "volunteers " they could start embarking at 8:00 a.m. to give them an idea how long the process will take once regular sailings begin.

Many major changes ahead for crew and pax. Will pax really be able to enjoy their cruise when a curveball could be thrown at them at anytime. Time will tell, the uncertainty would drive me crazy.

Next Cruise is paid for and departs March 27 but out of L.A. in 145 days.  Given the time lines for the CSO plus the fact that i don't believe L.A will be one of the start up ports im researching cruises for May or October out of Miami as im sure i will have to change it.  The good news is Westjet now has rapid testing out of Calgary International for Direct flights coming in to the country that reduces quarantine times down from 14 days to 2 days with a requirement for a second test after 6 days.  The bad news is my company still has a 14 day quarantine policy in effect so that has to change too before i can fly across the border.  Took a flight on Thursday had both seats beside me, across from me, in front of me and behind me filled.  I felt it was good practice for cruising lol. and yes had to wear a Mask whole time.

1 hour ago, fyree39 said:

Considering their stock is junk right now, I'm skeptical.

Thank you! We're such xenophobes, even to the point that we believe our jurisdiction covers the entire world. We're so dumb.

I know this is hard to believe, but the ports might actually have a say as to who they welcome and how they welcome them. I know. Amazing that our money isn't wanted someplace.

Cash is king.  Ignore the stock and look at the cash.  That is what pays the bills.  They are in FAR BETTER stead than the other big two.  If you are looking for a cruise line in deep do do, NCL is your match.  

Ports certainly have more say now than before, but they need the cash also.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'd love it if carnival is in the water by dec. Even for the volunteer cruises. Like I said I got a zillion shares of ccl so nothing would make me happier. 

Let's hope carnival gets going. 

I would love to sign up as a volunteer for the test cruises 👍

3 hours ago, fyree39 said:

Considering their stock is junk right now, I'm skeptical.

Thank you! We're such xenophobes, even to the point that we believe our jurisdiction covers the entire world. We're so dumb.

I know this is hard to believe, but the ports might actually have a say as to who they welcome and how they welcome them. I know. Amazing that our money isn't wanted someplace.

And Bahamas is going to require a visitors visa,  plus in mid November going to require insurance purchase in addition to visa.

Being a volunteer for a simulated cruise is a lot like the restroom in a bank. It's for employees only. 

I had to go so bad once at Wells Fargo I asked for an application.

I received the sad news an hour ago that most ccl lines are "continuing to pause" through the end of the year. 

I feel like the coyote standing on the cliff when it cracks as the roadrunner zips by. It then slowly crumbles getting closer to my late February cruise on Panorama.

SAVE THE COYOTE! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

To your specific cruise, you chose the type of booking you have and you know and understand that.  Whether your sailing will happen, really will be based on a couple of factors:  How well the “trial” cruises go.  Whether the CDC signs off on the Carnival plan.  Whether the Judge in Miami agrees they have met the sanction mitigation.  

A couple of other factors.  The sailing will be have significantly fewer people on the ship than you are accustomed to.  They will have plans to address social distancing for embark and debark as well as those congestion points (waiting for MDR entrance etc.).  If you’re cruise goes off and you sail with them, you will be among the first to first in the US to do so.  I think that may you more nervous, but I am waiting to see what will sail and get on one of those sailings, for many reasons.  Hope this helps.