Feb cruises seem the best chance to go so far

seaman11

4 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Its going to take a little time to comply with these orders and get the test sailings done. while you may see one in late january, feb would be the best chance so far imo. 

🤞  🤞 again!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, seaman11 said:

i think that is what im going to rebook for. 

@seaman11 - your best bet might be a short cruise to CocoCay with RCL to start out with per the article you posted;

"We continue to favor RCL over CCL and NCLH because RCL's private island strategy should give it an advantage when US cruising restarts with short Carib cruises."

Image result for Royal Caribbean's private island
Royal Caribbean has its own private island in the Bahamas, called Perfect Day at CocoCay. While the cruise line has been going there since the 1980s, it recently invested $250 million into renovations. The island is now home to the Caribbean's largest wave pool, the Caribbean's largest freshwater pool, and North America's tallest waterslide.

Edited by farmersfight
  • Like 2

If my math is correct it will be awhile. It was stated somewhere that it will take 30 to 45 days to get the ship ready to sail with crew, etc. If they have been working on the covid changes - medical facility, quarantine areas both on ship and off, transportation in case of covid, working with other cruise lines to limit number of ships in areas, etc. the earliest they could apply for the 30 day review period is after that. If they use November to do the prep and can get it done in 30 days, the 30 day review period would take up all of December at minimum. So early January would be the earliest for a test cruise - and that would be with only one ship to start. That is assuming that they have kept all of their inspections/paperwork up to date when sailing out of US waters. After the test cruise with "volunteers" - I'm again assuming - that there will be some type of certification process by the CDC which could take awhile. This doesn't take into account preparing or finding places to cruise. After the initial sailing - I would again assume - that their will be only 3 to 4 day sailing for a period of time - probably January. The earliest I can see 7 day cruises going is sometime in February, and that's if everything falls into place perfectly. JMO

12 hours ago, GA Dave said:

Never give up hope seaman11.  If you do, we are all lost.

So true! This is my first time logging on in months, just to see seaman11's latest prediction! And it was on top of the board! But there isn't going to be cruising until the mid-west and south get serious about wearing masks. That won't be by Feb.

Edited by Waquoit
spelling
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Waquoit said:

This is my first time logging on in months, just to see seaman11's latest prediction! And it was on top of the board!

Yesterday was my first time in months, and it was "Cruises looking good to restart by Dec"

I was surprised to see y'all still at it, same nonsense and misinformation as months ago.

Edited by latserrof
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, voyager1964 said:

Yeah, for cruises going out of Florida. But where exactly will they be calling? I am afraid the calling options would be limited to the private islands 

mexico is open to it i believe , DR, bahamas , could be the private island , that is ok with me too.    

Edited by seaman11
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, latserrof said:

Yesterday was my first time in months, and it was "Cruises looking good to restart by Dec"

I was surprised to see y'all still at it, same nonsense and misinformation as months ago.

that was referring to the judge not blocking carnival and before the new cdc phase plan was released . seems there should be test cruises in dec . 

9 hours ago, Waquoit said:

So true! This is my first time logging on in months, just to see seaman11's latest prediction! And it was on top of the board! But there isn't going to be cruising until the mid-west and south get serious about wearing masks. That won't be by Feb.

unfortunately that wont be in feb , 6 months from now or a year from now . prob never . So we have to live with it and move forward . 

10 hours ago, vswan said:

If my math is correct it will be awhile. It was stated somewhere that it will take 30 to 45 days to get the ship ready to sail with crew, etc. If they have been working on the covid changes - medical facility, quarantine areas both on ship and off, transportation in case of covid, working with other cruise lines to limit number of ships in areas, etc. the earliest they could apply for the 30 day review period is after that. If they use November to do the prep and can get it done in 30 days, the 30 day review period would take up all of December at minimum. So early January would be the earliest for a test cruise - and that would be with only one ship to start. That is assuming that they have kept all of their inspections/paperwork up to date when sailing out of US waters. After the test cruise with "volunteers" - I'm again assuming - that there will be some type of certification process by the CDC which could take awhile. This doesn't take into account preparing or finding places to cruise. After the initial sailing - I would again assume - that their will be only 3 to 4 day sailing for a period of time - probably January. The earliest I can see 7 day cruises going is sometime in February, and that's if everything falls into place perfectly. JMO

no , I don't think they have to wait 45 days to submit for the testing cruises then wait 30 more days.  they started restaffing a week before the announcement . i expect them to file a request this week   and have the month of nov to get ready for test sailings /   also in the language it says "should" as far as cdc waiting periods between tests and reg pax sailing. but its not so easy i agree . will take some time. 

Edited by seaman11