Do YOU Think That Carnival Corporation Will Be Viable bu April 1 .2021 & Why

mcrcruiser

7 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

That is great that those in colorado are using face masks . We can only hope that common sense prevails  & that people not only wear but they understand how to take them off . 

There's a special way to do that??

16 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

It's going to be a slow start up as well. The few die hards on CC who will jump on the first ship out aren't enough to keep the cruise lines going. CC is 2 % of the cruising public. There are many here including myself who aren't going to book until cruising is back to normal. I can't imagine anyone who is new to cruising or those who alternate cruise vacations with land vacations wanting to return to cruising the minute it starts up. There is just too much uncertainty. There is little guarantee that you will sail the ship and itinerary that you booked. The early sailings are going to be filled with passengers who have FCC's and that's not going to help the bottom line either. That's revenu already spent.

Can't answer for Princess, but I would assume somewhat similar to RCI Corp which has said the following:

o Very limited restart and gradual ramp-up in first half of 2021.

o Bookings for 2nd half of 2021 within historical ranges with prices down slightly (including use of FCCs).

o Consumers, having missed doing 2020 summer vacations, are expecting to have summer 2021 vacations.

o 80% of 2021 bookings are new, not from FCCs or “lift and shift.”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Yes. To minimize the chance you tarnsfer and virus particles on the mask to your hands (and then to ???).

We bought the N95 rated masks that are washable  .Each time we come home we wash them in hot water with soap as well as washing our hands  . We also wear shields over the masks when out & about 

8 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

https://investorplace.com/2020/11/ccl-stock-recover-before-2021-cruises-allowed/

.....so I'm not sure of all of the details related to the decline from $770 million per month in Q3 and the $530 million they are projecting for Q4 .....

is that due to selling the 18 most expensive to operate ships + income from those sales? (Transfers between lines not included) 

We will get a good insight when their Nov 30. year end financial results are made public in early January.  

I suspect the elephant on the table will be cash flow.   How much cash is left, what the burn rate has been.

The Statement of Cash Flow should provide some answers.

On 11/5/2020 at 10:40 PM, caribill said:

Yes. To minimize the chance you tarnsfer and virus particles on the mask to your hands (and then to ???).

However, keep in mind that many of the procedures were developed with medical facilities (high virus environment in mind.  For most people wearing a mask the odds are that they will not even encounter someone with the virus if they are following the distancing rules.

The key is anytime you touch your mask you should wash and sanitize your hands, just as anytime you touch any object (door knobs, faucet controls, etc) in a public environment.

Just now, nocl said:

However, keep in mind that many of the procedures were developed with medical facilities (high virus environment in mind.  For most people wearing a mask the odds are that they will not even encounter someone with the virus if they are following the distancing rules.

The key is anytime you touch your mask you should wash and sanitize your hands, just as anytime you touch any object (door knobs, faucet controls, etc) in a public environment.

Make that not even encounter on any given day 

In the beginning (March) I sanitized a week or so. As I started losing skin because sanitizers are so bad for (my) hands I stopped using it. Using sanitizer + using neosporin to counter skin damage = too much work IMHO. But I do use it entering dining rooms onboard

Mask up / social distance / stay safe

21 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

don't know why you said masks are spotty in Phoenix when they are mandatory to enter any enclosed space here

That is what I saw when I went through there some people following the mask rules some people going in without a mask and not stopped by employees.

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

In the beginning (March) I sanitized a week or so. As I started losing skin because sanitizers are so bad for (my) hands I stopped using it. Using sanitizer + using neosporin to counter skin damage = too much work IMHO. But I do use it entering dining rooms onboard

Mask up / social distance / stay safe

Washing with running water and soap is better for your skin and just as good as using a sanitizer, especially if you're at home. Use sanitizer when you're out.

(hops off nurse soap box--see what I did there?)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1