When was your last cruise?

Domino D

My last cruise was on NCL Joy from January 17, 2020 thru March 08, 2020.

It was a wonderful cruise and I was looking forward 8 more in 2020... oh well. Including a repeat of my January - March back in October...

I am booked for January 2nd on the Escape.  Despite many naysayers, I am still planning to cruising and having a wonderful time.  If the unrealistic expectations (on site covid testing, Itinerary changes to embark the day after the ship disembarks, changing every itinerary into one day less than it currently is) cause them to cancel January to get these things set up (I am sure they have been figuring it out for months), I will change my cruise to February.
Don't get me wrong, a 6 day cruise is better than no cruise.  If I booked a 3 or 4 day cruise, I would cancel it and look for a longer one.

17 hours ago, Domino D said:

I've been thinking about what to say to you for a day now.  I'm sorry to hear of your challenge, and hope that you will recover and have many more cruises.  At moments like this, I wish I was a wiser man and could offer you some inspiration or comfort.  My prayers are with you. There is a for sure a lot of great travel you can do and still be close to the USA.  I hope that you will soon be travelling again, even as you get your treatment.

Thank you for your kind words.  

We are in our early 60’s and youngish.  ( by that I mean we love to snorkel, be active.  The DH still runs at least 10 miles a week.) This has been quite a surprise and has rocked our plans for an active retirement and our hope to take a world cruise or at least partial.  We believe God is in control and accept the diagnosis but are praying for a miracle.  We have been blessed to take over 40 cruises and have been to Europe twice and had planned to do a lot more after retirement.  Covid has only made it all worse by limiting what we could do in 2021.  

In the meantime I will keep some brochures out on the coffee table from American river cruises, Viking Mississippi, visit as much as we can with the kids and grandkids, count our blessings and pray the treatment gives us more time. God is good, even in this.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2020 at 2:44 PM, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear that you caught Covid19 Pat.

Did Bucky catch it too?.

I hope you and your sister are fully recovered now and have acquired an Immunity to covid19.

I was also on the Rhapsody the last week of Feb. I never had a fever but had a terrible chest cold that lasted for two months after. My doctor wouldn't test me for covid because I didn't have a fever, but I'm betting I had it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fla gang said:

I was also on the Rhapsody the last week of Feb. I never had a fever but had a terrible chest cold that lasted for two months after. My doctor wouldn't test me for covid because I didn't have a fever, but I'm betting I had it!

It sounded like you did.

I have a covid19 test at 10am UK time.

I have been unwell for 6 days and had a fever last night.

Graham.

My last was 28 days LA to Sydney on Ruby Princess, Sept to Oct 2019.

I have 3 signed: 12 days Copenhagen to Boston on Jewel OTS, August 31, 2021. 

34 days LA to Buenos Aires via Antarctica, Diamond Princess, Dec- Jan 2021-22

19 days Dubai to Capetown, Norwegian Jade, Dec 2022.

Hoping for vaccine to come by June, 2021, when the 1st comes due. Perhaps ........

Man am I tired of hiding out. 

13 hours ago, Domino D said:

How was the Suez Canal cruise?

very interesting with the armed guards, the pirate drill and the amazing sites like the acropolis and Petra but I was disappointed with fellow passengers who went on excursions they had no chance of keeping up with.  The visit to Petra was cut short because people kept dropping out including one who had worn flimsy sandals and fell out a few yards on the path in and the visit to the white mosque was incomplete because the guide kept on having to wait for people to catch up.  I would go again but most lines seem to have dropped this repositioning cruise 

white.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Rory I appreciate you posting and sending your best wishes.

Take care of yourself and your family too.

Graham.

It’s all around us. We have local friends and family who have tested positive. All have either been Asymptomatic or mild cases and recovered at home. We are taking Vitamin C, D3, and Zinc as a preventative. Don’t know if this helps but the boss told me to take it. Be careful with D3, good idea to check kidney function. Too much D3 can be hard on kidneys. 

We are skipping Thanksgiving family gathering in an attempt to remain safe. It’s just too many people in a indoor setting, so we are taking a pass. 

Good luck 

M8

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s all around us. We have local friends and family who have tested positive. All have either been Asymptomatic or mild cases and recovered at home. We are taking Vitamin C, D3, and Zinc as a preventative. Don’t know if this helps but the boss told me to take it. Be careful with D3, good idea to check kidney function. Too much D3 can be hard on kidneys. 

We are skipping Thanksgiving family gathering in an attempt to remain safe. It’s just too many people in a indoor setting, so we are taking a pass. 

Good luck 

M8

Thanks Rory 

I'm pleased your friends and family have recovered.

Pauline has been taking 2 Vitamin D3 tablet's daily for a long time and has no symptoms fortunately so I think that confirms your advice is good.

I have been stuck in bed for a week feeling tired and drowsy but had a terrible fever on Wednesday night so rang and got a test on Thursday which was confirmed positive this morning.

We have been extremely careful but I was at the eye hospital 11 days ago for a range of tests on a Epiretinal Membrane which is causing Macular pucker and 4 days later I got my first symptoms.

Graham

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1