DOES IT MATTER?

ariesknowbest

The service is usually excellent and outside the restaurant and grills bar, it makes no difference what class you are in.  I am a little worried about how long it will take for service to get back to normal after a the staff have had a year off. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi every single passenger sailing with Cunard are treat as first class the grills passengers are paying extra for larger cabins and private deck area and lounge and more selection on the menus.

...and a butler, and a higher staff to customer ratio in the restaurant, and the ability to order whatever you want in QG, and inclusive drinks in your room, and a welcome bottle of champagne, and a concierge service.

Wouldn't travel any other way.

• Like 1

Completely  agree,  Like many other lines Cunard  offers it's suites (grills) passengers,  extra perks the bigger cabin being no 1,  but  also  separate dining,  drinks etc etc.  Yes there will be a higher staff to passenger ratio in these areas on all cruise lines. However that's not to say service in the rest of the ship on Cunard is anything but excellent. No cruise line would want to make it's  non suite passengers feel second class.

Your best guide is staff to passenger ratio, the norm is 1 to 2 ,  which is common to Cunard and many other mid market lines. If you want better 

• Like 1

Sorry  it uploaded before I'd finished

...... go for small luxury lines, if you look at new huge  ships they will have less staff to passengers.

Of course if you can afford it a suite is the way to go, but other cabins are not treated as second class 

• Like 1

Hi all our cruises on Cunard have been in inside cabins nothing grand like QG or PG but still wonderful to us.The service has been excellent treated like royality:) By booking inside cabins we can do twice as many cruises than if we booked any Grills.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, erniebernie said:

Hi all our cruises on Cunard have been in inside cabins nothing grand like QG or PG but still wonderful to us.The service has been excellent treated like royality:) By booking inside cabins we can do twice as many cruises than if we booked any Grills.

That is in general what we have always done with the occasional balcony cabin. The QG was not a normal booking as far as we were concerned as it was to celebrate a special wedding anniversary and even though it was very good on many parts there were some I was very disappointed in. Dont know if my expectations were too high but especially as how much price of QG have risen these last couple of years cannot seeing us doing it again. We will revert to balcony cabins as what has happened in 2020 we have considerable doubts about being stuck in an inside cabin in the future.

15 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Having sailed QG on QE we wouldnt sail again in a QG we would book a PG because dont think the extra money charged is worth it.

We've done both as well and actually prefer PG. Although the dining in the QG encompasses almost anything you can think of, it's become REALLY pricey these days.I also thought it was a shade stuffy and I, point blank, didn't care for the maitre'd, at all. Our last cruise with Cunard was in the QM2's PG. We were completely happy....nice perks (love that little terrace with the hot tub) and a much better price for practically the same thing. Only my 2 cents!

18 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Having sailed QG on QE we wouldnt sail again in a QG we would book a PG because dont think the extra money charged is worth it.

We think it worth every penny

22 hours ago, exlondoner said:

And dining when I feel like it -which is not the same time every night - is a big plus. Nonetheless, the most important thing for me is the larger, lighter, cabin.

For us, apart from the staff, the dining set up is the biggest draw. If Cunard ever dispense with the set table for the duration system of QG dining, then we’d be quite tempted to try Crystal or Regent.

55 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

We think it worth every penny

For us, apart from the staff, the dining set up is the biggest draw. If Cunard ever dispense with the set table for the duration system of QG dining, then we’d be quite tempted to try Crystal or Regent.

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

It's not just the size, it's the shape and the amount of daylight..For me, with claustrophobic tendencies, that's the most important thing. The other extras are nice too, of course.

3 hours ago, Mudhen said:

We've done both as well and actually prefer PG. Although the dining in the QG encompasses almost anything you can think of, it's become REALLY pricey these days.I also thought it was a shade stuffy and I, point blank, didn't care for the maitre'd, at all. Our last cruise with Cunard was in the QM2's PG. We were completely happy....nice perks (love that little terrace with the hot tub) and a much better price for practically the same thing. Only my 2 cents!

I don't know if QG is worth it over PG but will find out in 2022 ( not risked booking anything for 2021)

We had our April cruise from Capetown to UK cancelled,  if possible like to cruise back not fly.  We dithered about 2022, so by the time we came to book QG was full so have booked PG. As my wife gets sea sick we always book midships for this journey.  I actually don't think the so called penthouses on the Vista ships are well designed a lot of unusable space can only entertain 2 others comfortably . So think PG is more practical,  just as much sitting space as Q3, some people think PG vista cabins are long and dark, but as the dark bit is where you sleep and window by sofa seems fine. We can only see.

I think for a holiday in calm waters ,not north or south Atlantic would prefer a suite on the back with a big balcony. 

As for QG food versus PG don't know how much I  will miss ordering off menu, did it a lot first time, but less and less. Won't miss Butler or cabin drinks. 

• Like 1