Photos: Celebrity Summit in & leaving New York

Kiwi_cruiser

5 minutes ago, George C said:

Great pictures, we sailed Summit a couple of years ago but unfortunately not from New York area.

awesome pics, thanks for sharing.  Have not been on Summit since upgrade but def looking forward to it in Jan 2022.  Ive seen a few vids since but cannot wait see for myself.

• Like 1

Those are great pictures, the Summit very often leaves Bayonne and depending on conditions will stop or go around the Statue of Liberty to give the guest a great view.  When we left last year, we stopped not far away from the Statue, we had a great view of an FDNY boat training and stayed there for about a half hour.   We then followed the NCL ship out of the harbor.  We were on the Helicopter deck so it was a great view. 

• Like 1

Aboard Celebrity Summit in NY harbor on the way to New England and Canada 2015.

NCL BREAKAWAY was in a big hurry to leave NY while Capt. Leo was more patient.

IMG_0416.thumb.JPG.aeaca64c3688d4130d4dad83e16ddf56.JPG

Capt Leo did a full rotation so both sides of the ship could view Ms. Liberty.

image.thumb.jpeg.45f4cd8736693616d7ed15e1e49de689.jpeg

Freedom Tower opened the year before.

IMG_0447.thumb.JPG.f2dfc1e3453c9ba624aa38601d3777ae.JPG

A great view of Ellis Island where many of our families immigrated into the U.S.

IMG_0441.thumb.JPG.df3933daec44c2e9872916df3040c256.JPG

Capt Leo and Capt Kate were both onboard. This was her first Summit sailing as Captain. Capt Leo disembarked in Quebec where she took over half way through the 14 night cruise. She remained in civilian clothing until taking over as Master.

IMG_0494.thumb.JPG.82415b42bbde55f6757e0c008024414e.JPG

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, George C said:

New York City is in my opinion best place to sail it of , nothing like passing by Freedom tower and Statue of Liberty. Wish more cruises left from there.

My favourites are Sydney and Venice but New York was great as well. 

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Great pictures, everyone!!

KiwiCruiser, I took the Staten Island Ferry back and forth from Staten Island to Manhattan  every day, when I lived on SI and worked in the City.  Great mode of transportation!😉

I've never sailed from NYC, but can only imagine how magnificent it must be with that skyline!  I do though love sailing from FL, people in the high rise condos, horns blaring, flags waving.  So long for normal...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, George C said:

New York City is in my opinion best place to sail it of , nothing like passing by Freedom tower and Statue of Liberty. Wish more cruises left from there.

We try to sail from Bayonne at least once a year.  This year, we will sail in May , from NY/Bayonne NJ, but on Royal and  August 2021, both on the Royal Oasis of the Seas.   We enjoyed the summit in August, but next  year, dates of the summit sailing will not work.

Edited by Cruise a holic

21 hours ago, George C said:

I agree but keep in mind  that Summit actually leaves from NJ and as such does not always sail by the Statue and the Freedom Tower.   Believe it depends on conditions and permission so it can just go right out under the bridge and misses going by those landmarks.   

6 hours ago, dkjretired said:

I agree but keep in mind  that Summit actually leaves from NJ and as such does not always sail by the Statue and the Freedom Tower.   Believe it depends on conditions and permission so it can just go right out under the bridge and misses going by those landmarks.   

I never have sailed our of New Jersey and have no intention of doing so, our next rccl is out of Galveston and next celebrity is out of Florida, our Summit cruise in 2018 was a charter with great music including Micheal MacDonald who just entered rock and roll hall of fame.