Which new ships will compete with Odyssey?

Wondering which new ships entering service in 2021 will be Odyssey's biggest competitor?  Will it be X Apex, CCL Mardi Gras, Enchanted Princess, HAL's Rotterdam, MSC Seashore or Virgin's Scarlet Lady? 

Is anyone booked on any of these ships in 2021, if so, why did you choose it? Ship? Itinerary? Date? Other? 

18 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

We like going on new ships. Booked the Mardi Gras for May, it will be our first time ever cruising out of Port Canaveral. Also booked the Seashore out of Miami for December. 

Would love to try Seashore.  Have you been on Seaside?  I've never been on an MSC ship and am dying to try.  Do they still have the loyalty match program with Royal? 

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

Would love to try Seashore.  Have you been on Seaside?  I've never been on an MSC ship and am dying to try.  Do they still have the loyalty match program with Royal? 

I did the status match several years ago, so we got the MSC highest level. I have been on the Seaside in the Yacht Club and we had a fantastic time. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I did the status match several years ago, so we got the MSC highest level. I have been on the Seaside in the Yacht Club and we had a fantastic time. 

We also did the status match and got the Black Card benefits.

We’ve sailed a few times with MSC including the newer ships Bellissima and Seaside had enjoyable cruises but definitely prefer RCG.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

You don't think some of the other cruise lines' new ships will take away some market share re: the novelty market from Royal? 

Some, yes, but other RCI ships are just as much if not the main competitor. 

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We sail around then as well, Jan 29.

It was an L&S from Empress 

Yup....  1/29 & 2/6 B2B.   Cool!  "Sea" you and Laura on board!  🙂  

Will be our first time on a Quantum series ship.  Also will be interesting being on a such a new ship.  We usually book the "leftovers".  😉   

Will be odd for us to have the SL and CK in different locations.  Then again...I think that series of ships still have the CLs?   Strange with this new ship, they are still listing as CL, and have not switched it to SL?  

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup....  1/29 & 2/6 B2B.   Cool!  "Sea" you and Laura on board!  🙂  

Will be our first time on a Quantum series ship.  Also will be interesting being on a such a new ship.  We usually book the "leftovers".  😉   

Will be odd for us to have the SL and CK in different locations.  Then again...I think that series of ships still have the CLs?   Strange with this new ship, they are still listing as CL, and have not switched it to SL?  

Our first as well. Some documents say SL. Will you be Pin by then? I would surely hope so. 

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Our first as well. Some documents say SL. Will you be Pin by then? I would surely hope so. 

Deck plans for Odyssey I was looking at still said CL...but you know how "accurate" the website is.  😉  

Yes, will be well into Pinnie status by then...assuming they actually start cruises again!!!  😣

I am just two 7 night cruises away.  Just can't seem to get on a ship and finish it up...sigh.  Should have turned last May.  18 cruises cancelled so far...and no end in sight.  Quite sure all 8 legs of our Aussie trip scheduled to start 2/10/21, and most likely the B2B on Freedom this January...going "poof".  😮 

Edited by island lady