Family Suite (SB) Question

tnt10

My apologies in advance for not searching the boards for this question and answer, but my skills on these new boards is not what it used to be on the old ones....

My question is:  What is the minimum number of passengers that NCL will allow to book a Family Suite with Balcony (SB)??

There are only two of us traveling, and this suite appears to be the best fit for us....

Thanks so much in advance...  Oh, by the way, this is for a cruise in 2022, but there are offers that will expire in 2 days.

Thanks again!!

19 minutes ago, tnt10 said:

My apologies in advance for not searching the boards for this question and answer, but my skills on these new boards is not what it used to be on the old ones....

My question is:  What is the minimum number of passengers that NCL will allow to book a Family Suite with Balcony (SB)??

There are only two of us traveling, and this suite appears to be the best fit for us....

Thanks so much in advance...  Oh, by the way, this is for a cruise in 2022, but there are offers that will expire in 2 days.

Thanks again!!

You two will be fine. NCL allows singles to book suites! ...BOOK IT!!!

• Like 2

i assure you, ncl doesnt care what category cabin you book, as long as the number of passengers does not exceed the allowable number of people in the specific cabin, and you're willing to pay for it.

my wife and i booked the 2 bedroom family suite that can  hold 6 just for the 2 of us.

go ahead and book whatever cabin you wish

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tnt10 said:

Thanks again!!

Double occupancy. You can do a mock booking to see exactly what it will cost you. We often book 2BR suites for the extra space (eventhough there are just the two of us). We are in a 2BR Haven in April (which will probably not sail... but we will shift it to the right a few months once it cancels). 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

I’ve sailed single in a suite and double in a GV! I had to pay the full price for the suite (no single supplement) - but I saved for this and booked a couple years out. As for the GV, I was sailing with my sister for my 50th - back before bidding. I had my TA call and ask about the GV (both were unsold)...I paid only $500 more per person and got that huge suite! I’ll never be able to afford that again....and it’s a cruise I will never forget!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NayRN said:

I’ve sailed single in a suite and double in a GV! I had to pay the full price for the suite (no single supplement) - but I saved for this and booked a couple years out. As for the GV, I was sailing with my sister for my 50th - back before bidding. I had my TA call and ask about the GV (both were unsold)...I paid only $500 more per person and got that huge suite! I’ll never be able to afford that again....and it’s a cruise I will never forget!

What an outstanding deal you scored... Fabulous!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NayRN said:

I’ve sailed single in a suite and double in a GV!

I'm kind of embarrassed 🙄 but I had to do a little "Googling" to find out what a GV was. Even Google had trouble but did have a CC NCL thread about someone staying in a GV. As I read through the thread, I finally learned that GV stands for Garden Villa;

The Haven 3-Bedroom Garden Villa | Southern Rock Cruise

Yeah, I'd say for only $500 more pp, you definitely got a "suite" deal! Did you play any tunes on that baby grand piano?

Edited by farmersfight
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

To answer your question, 7-day European cruise on the Dawn GV for solo is only $23 598USD. LOL

O.k., that would be only $3,371 per day. No problem...errrr yes, BIG problem. Just give me a balcony cabin on the Dawn with a solo supplement discount. 😘

Cheers 🍻!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, farmersfight said:

O.k., that would be only $3,371 per day. No problem...errrr yes, BIG problem. Just give me a balcony cabin on the Dawn with a solo supplement discount. 😘

Cheers 🍻!

It actually might be fun for a family of 5-6 but honestly.... a little pricey for me too! 🙂 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 8:29 PM, complawyer said:

i assure you, ncl doesnt care what category cabin you book, as long as the number of passengers does not exceed the allowable number of people in the specific cabin, and you're willing to pay for it.

my wife and i booked the 2 bedroom family suite that can  hold 6 just for the 2 of us.

go ahead and book whatever cabin you wish

We've booked the Haven 2br suite on the Epic for a long 11 day southern Caribbean cruise and it was great. One bedroom for our luggage (although there was plenty of space otherwise everywhere else) and the 2nd bathroom is a joy to have. I'll never understand why men need 30 mins to poop....

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

We've booked the Haven 2br suite on the Epic for a long 11 day southern Caribbean cruise and it was great. One bedroom for our luggage (although there was plenty of space otherwise everywhere else) and the 2nd bathroom is a joy to have. I'll never understand why men need 30 mins to poop....

it takes that long to read the sport section!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Hmmm... that's a bit big for a 3-day vaca... wonder if that's b/c of her shoes. It even looks too big for my 7-day cruises but I only  take 3 pair of shoes. 

cheers 🍷

I have a "suitcase" just like the man's in the picture above, only difference is mine doesn't say Walmart on the outside of it.

Cheers 🥂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, kitty-sail said:

My husband and I booked the Family suite with lg balcony on the Dawn. The room is one giant open space with a wall of windows and an adjoining double closet and large bathroom. If you like open space, this is perfect with perfect ocean views.

My husband and I were in one of these suites as well. The only thing we didn't like was the step up into the bathroom. Other than that we thought the room was great for two people.

I really like that NCL doesn't have a minimum amount of people you can put in a cabin. Our first cruise was in a 2-bedroom. We really enjoyed the cabin. That's the only time we've sailed with just two people in a 2-bedroom. We've invited a friend all the other times. The 2-bedroom is perfect for us in that situation.