CDC Raises Cruise Travel Risk to Level 4 - Very High

JT1962

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

So are you posting about vaccines or merely gloating that a president lost? Hard to keep track of the points you're trying to make.  Btw, how are the European drug companies doing finding a vaccine?

UK have one awaiting approval. Don't know about the EU part of the continent.

5 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

It’s very unfortunate in these trying times that individuals cling to a nationalist point of view on this topic. 

Good grief, generalise much? 

Facts are important and I will continue to correct individuals (like you) when they make false statements. 

Perhaps you should reflect on why you want to spread misinformation in these trying times?

3 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

Good grief, generalise much? 

Facts are important and I will continue to correct individuals (like you) when they make false statements. 

Perhaps you should reflect on why you want to spread misinformation in these trying times?

I have no idea what misinformation you are referring to. 
You claim the the American government’s plan has no impact on vaccine potential in other countries. This standpoint is patently false, and it is a nationalistic viewpoint to fail to acknowledge that every developed country in the world is connected in this arena. Every bit of research, development, testing, and validation done in any country benefits all the others. The American (and all others national governments) financial and scientific contributions, like it or not; has a very tangible effect in yours, and all other countries. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I have no idea what misinformation you are referring to. 
You claim the the American government’s plan has no impact on vaccine potential in other countries. This standpoint is patently false, and it is a nationalistic viewpoint to fail to acknowledge that every developed country in the world is connected in this arena. Every bit of research, development, testing, and validation done in any country benefits all the others. The American (and all others national governments) financial and scientific contributions, like it or not; has a very tangible effect in yours, and all other countries. 

Again, vaccine production and vaccine R & D are different. 

I think we might have to agree to disagree here. Happy thanksgiving!

On 11/25/2020 at 6:18 AM, Missusdubbya said:

has no bearing on the production of vaccines anywhere else in the world

On 11/26/2020 at 4:55 AM, Missusdubbya said:

Many governments financed vaccine R & D through guaranteed purchase orders of vaccines just as the US did. 

On 11/26/2020 at 7:11 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

I agree, but you stated that "OWS" had no bearing on vaccines in countries other than the US.  This was an incorrect statement.

On 11/26/2020 at 8:15 AM, Missusdubbya said:

I stand by my statement on vaccine production.

As I understand, the US Government strategy entitled ‘Operation Warp Speed’ expedited FDA (US only) approval protocols and provided funding to some vaccine developers via pre orders of vaccines.

As I have mentioned, other countries have their own pre orders with vaccine developers and own pharmaceutical use approval protocols. Other countries will also produce or procure their own vaccines e.g. Australia will manufacture our own (as will other countries).

Thus US Government strategy does not have bearing on vaccination production in Australia (or many other countries). 

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

A Global World View. 

We say America First 🇺🇸 

You’re welcome to come providing you follow our immigration laws.

M8

Hahahaha. Of course you do 😆 Thanks for the invitation, but no thanks. One of the last places I'd want to be right now.

20 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Actually they're doing quite well.  AstraZeneca and BioNTech are among the leading candidates right now.

And news this morning that AstraZeneca may have to re-do a study due to half-dosages provided to some participants, delaying approval.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bobal said:

Hahahaha. Of course you do 😆 Thanks for the invitation, but no thanks. One of the last places I'd want to be right now.

And where does your next cruise leave from??  LOL. Gotta love the European globalists obsessed with Americans!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

And where does your next cruise leave from??  LOL. Gotta love the European globalists obsessed with Americans!

Italy - and I think you'll find it amused by rather than obsessed by. There's been a lot to amuse us lately - and it's ongoing 😂

Edited by Bobal

5 hours ago, jean87510 said:

uncool

5 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

And Australians

This is not very nice and starting to get personal. @notenoughcruising you have called me a nationalist and also now stated I am I obsessed with Americans on this thread - just because we have a difference in opinion. 

Is that really called for? (and if I were a nationalist why would I be obsessed with another country?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1