New vaccine

hollyjess

43 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

But Harry if it stops the NHS from being overwhelmed by hospital admissions, then it will also have protected those that were vaccinated, wont it?

Of course, John. And stopping the NHS from being overwhelmed benefits everyone, not just the priority groups.

My only concern would be that the over 65s given the AZ vaccine may assume, in their behaviour, an effectiveness level beyond the actual effectiveness - perhaps putting themselves and others at risk.

Obviously, we don’t know the answers yet, and the government’s approach is probably the correct one.

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

Of course, John. And stopping the NHS from being overwhelmed benefits everyone, not just the priority groups.

My only concern would be that the over 65s given the AZ vaccine may assume, in their behaviour, an effectiveness level beyond the actual effectiveness - perhaps putting themselves and others at risk.

Obviously, we don’t know the answers yet, and the government’s approach is probably the correct one.

Tom Jones has had both jabs and has now announced " I am bullet proof now "  .. Wrong Tom :classic_mellow:

• Like 2

Hurrah!

You will have read my posts pointing out the discrepancy in
in what is being said and the position showing on my GPs
website.
Well yesterday (having read some spokesperson for  a lancs.gov
action group saying they were going up against a decision
that Lancashire too is to have its vaccine quota reduced
and that it was a result of being too efficient  and  having
now offered the vaccine to the top four priority groups)
I sent an email to a comments/complaints/praise box
at lancs.gov asking if the bit about the top four groups 
was correct as our GP + 9 others in the group) are saying 
otherwise.  No reply - wasnt expecting one but miraculously
today  or GPs website shows
The following groups in Red are now able to book their covid 
vaccination via our reception team;
Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers;
All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
All those 75 years of age and over;
All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals* (i.e. shielding patients);

All those 65 years of age and over;

I am just going to wait until I get the invite as they are still using
a centre miles away.  Cant claim I got it fixed but am pleased it is
moving at last. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Adammara said:

Had mine a week ago at the local mass vacination centre, my card tell me the type and batch number of the vaccine. Even if it turns out to be only a 50% rating, it will halve my chances of catching this dreadful virus.

Good news.

Did they give an indication when you will get your second dose?.

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good news.

Did they give an indication when you will get your second dose?.

I had a NHS letter, booked online after booking first jab offered me a date for my second one, I go on April 10th. Friends across the road went to a local surgery, not as well organised and not given a  date for the second jab. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I just noticed a news flash that stated the Janssen (J&J) 1 dose vaccine is showing 66% efficacy in its trials. Another string to the bow in the covid battle.

Just saying to the wife how that could be good for the battle overseas  countries where 

people are poor and have very poor transport system. A one jab system could be ideal for them .

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Just saying to the wife how that could be good for the battle overseas  countries where 

people are poor and have very poor transport system. A one jab system could be ideal for them .

With only a year since this started the pharma companies have surely been not only world beating, but maybe world saving.

• Like 8

Got my vaccine invite by text today and booked for 3rd Feb. Just waiting for Jenny to get her invite (she is in over 65's group whereas I am on the over 70's) and we will have taken the first steps towards some sort of normality. We are in South Gloucestershire which seems to have things nicely organised.

Pete and Jenny

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, kalos said:

I read on the BBC that the Jannsen stage 3 trial showed nobody needed hospital treatment or died which for many is very good news.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zombatar said:

Got my vaccine invite by text today and booked for 3rd Feb. Just waiting for Jenny to get her invite (she is in over 65's group whereas I am on the over 70's) and we will have taken the first steps towards some sort of normality. We are in South Gloucestershire which seems to have things nicely organised.

Pete and Jenny

That's good news as over 70s are group 4.

Hopefully Jenny will get her vaccine invitation soon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Hurrah!

You will have read my posts pointing out the discrepancy in
in what is being said and the position showing on my GPs
website.
Well yesterday (having read some spokesperson for  a lancs.gov
action group saying they were going up against a decision
that Lancashire too is to have its vaccine quota reduced
and that it was a result of being too efficient  and  having
now offered the vaccine to the top four priority groups)
I sent an email to a comments/complaints/praise box
at lancs.gov asking if the bit about the top four groups 
was correct as our GP + 9 others in the group) are saying 
otherwise.  No reply - wasnt expecting one but miraculously
today  or GPs website shows
The following groups in Red are now able to book their covid 
vaccination via our reception team;
Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers;
All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
All those 75 years of age and over;
All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals* (i.e. shielding patients);

All those 65 years of age and over;

I am just going to wait until I get the invite as they are still using
a centre miles away.  Cant claim I got it fixed but am pleased it is
moving at last. 

The whole North West region (Lancs, Greater Man, Liverpool City Region and Cheshire) are reported in the press and local TV as having the amount of vaccine received reduced by 30% (I think from the second week in February).  We are also in the NW, but our local area were only doing the over 80's group.  We have now had texts saying we can ring to book our appointments and are booked for next Tuesday as we rang as soon as the texts came in.  We know others who have had the same text, so looks like they are probably now moving to get the areas within the region that are behind up to the same level as the rest (we are only 70/71).  If that is what is being done it is fair enough as I know the Manchester region, for instance, has been reported as way ahead of the other local districts by us.

We are not within 45 minutes of any mass vaccination centre, though our GP surgery is using a hub a few miles away from their normal area as a hub, in conjunction with other local GP's.  I do not think there are any plans for GP's to perform the vaccines in each surgery, but that you will be able to go to your local hub rather than one of the mass vaccine centres which are even further away.  Hence may be worth ringing your surgery to ask the situation for your area if you are in the group now being called.

Hope you get yours sorted soon. 

Edited by tring
  • Like 2

There is a webinair at 4pm next Wednesday to cover:-

• The effectiveness of COVID vaccines, including against new strains of the virus
  • The vaccine after effects vs the symptoms of COVID
  • The reasons why some people aren’t yet willing to be vaccinated

If anyone is interested, the link is here:-

https://mailchi.mp/b71eafd9ad89/invite-to-our-next-covid-vaccine-webinar?e=c12e9f92dc

• Like 1