Can Anyone Explain the Benefits of Celebrity's Black Friday Sale?

ipeeinthepool

I took this from Celebrity website.  

I thought Celebrity told us that with the AI pricing, everyday was Black Friday.  Effectively telling us that there was no Black Friday Sale.  Now they are telling us Black Friday ends in a couple of days.  So what benefits do I get by booking during the Black Friday Sale?

Am I missing something?

image.thumb.png.612b2a98fb91f041f842f82d73ebb239.png

You get the same benefit s you would any time you book a cruise.    You pay for a cruise and have the opportunity to do it

A sale is a sale.   I don’t think there is any law or regulation that it has to be a cheaper or bargain price.    

One advantage is if the cruise is offered at a lower price you can get the lower price if you ask, if the price increases you don’t have to pay the increase.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Most of Celebrity's sales are purely a shell game.    Just another way to get people to book. 

Well for fun, I today priced two cruises under the guise of Black Friday, logged it all.  Once the "sale" ends, I am going to go in and re-price.  My guess, they will both be the same.  Was a gimmick to get folks to make some deposits.

I was looking at the fine print in the email I just got about Black Friday.    I wasn't aware that guest conduct rules varied by ship and destination.   Am I the only one?

Due to evolving health protocols, some imagery and messaging may not accurately reflect current onboard and destination offerings, or the public health standards and government requirements that modify or limit these offerings. Onboard and destination experiences, features, itineraries, and guest conduct rules vary by ship and destination and are subject to change without notice.

14 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I was looking at the fine print in the email I just got about Black Friday.    I wasn't aware that guest conduct rules varied by ship and destination.   Am I the only one?

Due to evolving health protocols, some imagery and messaging may not accurately reflect current onboard and destination offerings, or the public health standards and government requirements that modify or limit these offerings. Onboard and destination experiences, features, itineraries, and guest conduct rules vary by ship and destination and are subject to change without notice.

Perhaps they are covering themselves for the restrictions that may apply on board in one country, i.e. US, Caribbean, Europe etc?

10 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Do you know if this is a change from previous policy?  For example if there are immersion cruises, there may be different policies depending on the local market. Drinking age is something that comes to mind.  Isn’t the drinking age lowered to 18 on European cruises?

8 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Do you know if this is a change from previous policy?  For example if there are immersion cruises, there may be different policies depending on the local market. Drinking age is something that comes to mind.  Isn’t the drinking age lowered to 18 on European cruises?

I think it would also apply to charters.   I am sure that a nudist cruise would have a different policy pertaining to guest conduct than on other cruises.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

3 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

And everyday will be Cyber Monday 

To give you an idea of the pretend Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales...I booked a suite on APEX prior to either of the pretend sales, I checked on Black Friday, same exact price, I checked on Cyber Monday, same exact price, I checked today, yep same exact price.  

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

To give you an idea of the pretend Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales...I booked a suite on APEX prior to either of the pretend sales, I checked on Black Friday, same exact price, I checked on Cyber Monday, same exact price, I checked today, yep same exact price.  

See, Celebrity is keeping their word.  The same great prices everyday.  😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I'd like to suggest another reason the marketing folks convinced Celebrity to take this approach.   I'm sure Celebrity sees people are not making reservations because they are waiting for low price sales.  The marketing folks convinced Celebrity management that the AI always the same price approach eliminates the need to wait for a sale and people would book now.  I suspect the Always The Same Price approach will be replaced before summer.