New to CC. 1st cruise in 20 years.

Iplayslots

18 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

For what it's worth, Central Park and Boardwalk balconies are inexpensive and you can still get some fresh air

We booked a central park mid ship balcony,  it was substantially less expensive then an ocean facing one.  I googled some pictures of CP. My wife said the balcony looks like a great place to have her first 20 cups of coffee in the Morning after her daily 6am run 🏃‍♀️

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MrSnarkyPants said:

Regarding the private island question - last January we were the first ship to use the Beach Club at Coco Cay. It's an upcharge (of course), but the private restaurant was great, it had its own pool, and plenty of loungers with shade. I would pay to go back.

Sounds like exactly the experience we are looking for.  TY.😀

15 hours ago, George C said:

Congratulations, please keep on checking the prices since they can go down I have seen big swings in price on liquor package, no problem getting the new price if it does. 

George, we locked in at $46. And I think the autotip is 18% already added. Is $46 a typical discounted cost. Or have you seen that price even lower? Either way it seems fairly priced compared to paying the full cost. TY for your input 😊

1 minute ago, Iplayslots said:

We booked a central park mid ship balcony,  it was substantially less expensive then an ocean facing one.  I googled some pictures of CP. My wife said the balcony looks like a great place to have her first 20 cups of coffee in the Morning after her daily 6am run 🏃‍♀️

We always book CP balcony. Can't beat the price. Boardwalk balconies are similarly priced but we don't book them because we think they are are probably noisier with all the kids and activities going on. (Never booked one so I could be wrong). The only noise we ever hear is sometimes during the day you can hear the band from the pool deck depending on where your room is. Not a big deal since we are rarely in the room during times when the band plays during the day.

T

To be honest, I don't think any of us have even a clue as to what to expect (and what we're all in for) once cruising starts back up.   I think it's gonna be a wildly different experience in so many ways .. and not for the better. 

The days of  the things we were used to are long gone.  

On 11/30/2020 at 8:44 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

You may want to try a central park balcony as usually less than OV balcony.  

We've had a Central Park balcony on Oasis and have another one booked for next November.  It was very nice, especially in the evening when live music is played.  We didn't mind people being across from us either, but if you want to view the ocean then you really only have the one option and it comes at a higher price.

1 hour ago, Iplayslots said:

George, we locked in at $46. And I think the autotip is 18% already added. Is $46 a typical discounted cost. Or have you seen that price even lower? Either way it seems fairly priced compared to paying the full cost. TY for your input 😊

Prices were over $70 a day depending on the ship, itinerary and length of cruise. You got a great deal.  

Edited by Iamcruzin

1 hour ago, Iplayslots said:

Sounds like exactly the experience we are looking for.  TY.😀

If cococay beach club interests you check for sales.  I booked mine for 46.99 pp.  I have seen some of my sailings selling this for as $188 pp.  Something in the $50 range is a good deal.  Includes a nice lunch with lobster, steak, salads, etc.  You will have to infinity pool and beach.  They will provide you with towels so no need to bring towels from the ship.  

Or plenty of nice areas to relax in sun or shade for free.

1 hour ago, F27TW said:

To be honest, I don't think any of us have even a clue as to what to expect (and what we're all in for) once cruising starts back up.   I think it's gonna be a wildly different experience in so many ways .. and not for the better. 

The days of  the things we were used to are long gone.  

I honestly dont think it will be that much different in 2021.  Take a look at the live review from quantum sailing that started 12.1.   And all the reviews for european cruises that have been happening since end of July.    All looks great to me!

2 hours ago, Iplayslots said:

Idk if they will still have it, but when I did oasis, one of the times I took the central park tour, thinking to be bored. It was actually quite interesting to hear about how they hoisted the trees in with cranes and how everything is done in blocks, and what all they tried  as some areas get more sun than others and plants had to be replaced. Just seeing the sections and how they do them, so I looked at it with fresh eyes made it worth the hour of time for the tour.