NCL Airfare

rfs7306

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

Just got my flight assignment for my September cruise & couldn't be happier. Perfect non stop flight from LHR on Virgin. I chose seats for free & can check a bag if I want

So,  what airline? Are you paying a luggage fee? I can pick seats and check luggage with UAL & JetBlue.

On 7/28/2022 at 5:07 PM, victory2020 said:

Just got my flight assignment for my September cruise & couldn't be happier. Perfect non stop flight from LHR on Virgin. I chose seats for free & can check a bag if I want

Where are you flying to?

On 7/29/2022 at 10:09 AM, victory2020 said:

London to Los Angeles 

Wow! 😀 They gave you a nonstop flight from London to Los Angeles!?!?  That is so good to hear!!!  I am going from Philadelphia to Barcelona, and I see that there are nonstop flights, but I also see lots of flights with layovers and multiple stops that might be a little cheaper.  Have you been checking out the different possible flights that they could have given to you?  Did you notice if your assigned flight was the cheapest flight?  This is what I am concerned about.  

8 hours ago, Diann24 said:

Wow! 😀 They gave you a nonstop flight from London to Los Angeles!?!?  That is so good to hear!!!  I am going from Philadelphia to Barcelona, and I see that there are nonstop flights, but I also see lots of flights with layovers and multiple stops that might be a little cheaper.  Have you been checking out the different possible flights that they could have given to you?  Did you notice if your assigned flight was the cheapest flight?  This is what I am concerned about.  

I did research & the non stops were cheaper or the same price, so I figured I would more than likely get that. They did not give me the cheapest non stop. Mine leaves at 1pm (perfect timing) & the cheaper ones were at 4pm & 5 pm. ( only upside of those is I would have gotten airline miles haha)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

I did research & the non stops were cheaper or the same price, so I figured I would more than likely get that. They did not give me the cheapest non stop. Mine leaves at 1pm (perfect timing) & the cheaper ones were at 4pm & 5 pm. ( only upside of those is I would have gotten airline miles haha)

Hmmm......you are making me feel optimistic about getting a good flight with the NCL deal!! 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Diann24 said:

Hmmm......you are making me feel optimistic about getting a good flight with the NCL deal!! 🙂

The last time I used them I got the flights I would have chosen also. Free seat selection & free bags! Both trips were LA to Europe

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

I did research & the non stops were cheaper or the same price, so I figured I would more than likely get that. They did not give me the cheapest non stop

Keep in mind that NCL is not paying the fares you're looking at, they're negotiating fares based on some bulk purchase.

4 minutes ago, hallux said:

Keep in mind that NCL is not paying the fares you're looking at, they're negotiating fares based on some bulk purchase.

I understand that they have negotiated fares, but the flight they gave me would have cost ME more to purchase than the other two great choices I would have been happy with

16 hours ago, victory2020 said:

I understand that they have negotiated fares, but the flight they gave me would have cost ME more to purchase than the other two great choices I would have been happy with

And that is really the only thing that matters.

• Like 1

We've just booked our cruise for next January and we're letting them book the air because they quoted $1390 for the 3 of us with the current promo(2nd air free). The cheapest flight would cost me $1950 for the 3 of us. (PDX-PTY)

I'm fairly adaptable and we'll pay whatever we need to for luggage. We fly enough that everyone knows what to do. We've done early morning and overnight, budget and upgrade. I've looked at the available flights and I think I know what's likely and it's not dreadful. 

Nice to hear everyone else's experiences though. I'm not sure what to expect. The TA did NOT advocate for us to let them book it. She was adamant that we would have to accept whatever as though it could be truly awful and were we really sure we could handle that? Of note, we were able to decline transfers, as they wanted $100/pp each way and it looks like I could tour the entire country of Panama for less in a cab... 

We just got back from Venice and used the BOGO deal. It saved us $1200. We had red eye from Boston to Venice (Delta/KLM) connecting in Amsterdam. On the way back we had a 3:00pm flight from Venice to Boston (Air France) connecting through Paris. We were able to login in the airline websites and pick our seats, and upgrade to more legroom seats.

The layover in Amsterdam was only 1.5 hours which was shortened due to small delay. However, we didn't have much time at all, had to hoof it quickly through the airport and customs. We walked quite a distance to the connecting gate and they had just started boarding.

The return was a 2 hour layover which also got shortened a bit. It went pretty well for us.

• Like 1

Just had my flight canceled and will miss my cruise.  NCL and United just keep pointing fingers at one another with neither having a solution.. No flights from any city with in a 3 hour drive from me to any city within a 5 hour drive of the port.  Airlines are a HUGE mess so our cruise is ruined.  We could do the 17+ hour drive, but decided against it, not to see if NCL will give us any money back or not.  What a mess and disappointment..

11 minutes ago, jtrollin said:

Just had my flight canceled and will miss my cruise.  NCL and United just keep pointing fingers at one another with neither having a solution.. No flights from any city with in a 3 hour drive from me to any city within a 5 hour drive of the port.  Airlines are a HUGE mess so our cruise is ruined.  We could do the 17+ hour drive, but decided against it, not to see if NCL will give us any money back or not.  What a mess and disappointment..

I mentioned to my TA how I had read on these boards of the airlines saying call the cruise line they are your travel agent while the cruise lines were saying call the airlines. He said, yes, and he ends up being called by passengers and screaming at airline agents.

13 minutes ago, jtrollin said:

I'm sorry to hear that! What a shame you'll miss your cruise. 😢

4 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I mentioned to my TA how I had read on these boards of the airlines saying call the cruise line they are your travel agent while the cruise lines were saying call the airlines. He said, yes, and he ends up being called by passengers and screaming at airline agents.

Wow! Talk about shooting the messenger! I feel sorry for the TA. Once NCL turned our reservation over to American, that was it. I'm surprised this other passenger is being given the runaround by United. Hard to believe there are no other flights available, but things being what they are in the flight industry right now, I guess it's possible. Still....

2 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Wow! Talk about shooting the messenger! I feel sorry for the TA. Once NCL turned our reservation over to American, that was it. I'm surprised this other passenger is being given the runaround by United. Hard to believe there are no other flights available, but things being what they are in the flight industry right now, I guess it's possible. Still....

Yes, TAs have suffered greatly. There was a long time with no revenue as all cruises were cancelled, but there was still a lot of work for them handling the cancellations. And then I cannot imagine all the time they must spend on hold with cruise lines.

20 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Yes, TAs have suffered greatly. There was a long time with no revenue as all cruises were cancelled, but there was still a lot of work for them handling the cancellations. And then I cannot imagine all the time they must spend on hold with cruise lines.

My understanding is that TA's only get paid if a guest actually goes on a vacation, so no cruise = no pay. 😞 

19 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

My understanding is that TA's only get paid if a guest actually goes on a vacation, so no cruise = no pay. 😞 

Yes, I was told that by our TA. And even after the pause in cruising for Covid, he said many of his booked cruises were not until 2023. And then last year we too booked a 2023 cruise (Prima).

On 8/11/2022 at 2:45 PM, DCGuy64 said:

I'm sorry to hear that! What a shame you'll miss your cruise. 😢

We actually ended up making our cruise, while we gave up, our TA did not and found us some flights.  We had to rent a car and drive 3.5 hours and my wife's luggage didn't make it, but if nothing else we made it to the boat, now I get to work through United, American and NCL to see if I can recover any of my extra costs.

Cruise was good, staff was great, not my favorite ship (NCL Sky) and food was not up to NCL standards, but not sure what is COVID, what is economy and what is the new cruise experience.

• Like 4