The Daily for Friday Dec 4, 2020

richwmn

2 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Roy, my grandson's COVID test came back negative so you can remove me from the prayer list. Thank you to all of you who offered prayers.

More great news today 😄. So happy to hear it 🙂 

• Like 3

DARN! I had a post all ready to finish, and clicked to see a new reply (thought it was just above where I was) and lost the whole post. GRRRR.

Shortened version....

Thanks to everyone for thread.

Congratulations and cheers for new babies and negative tests!

@ger_77thank you for quoting @sailingdutchy's post. The picture didn't show on the original post on my screen.

My niece's mom-my sister-has now tested positive for COVID. While she has some of the typical symptoms, she is in positive spirits because, they are relatively mild. She has spent much time on the phone with the health unit these past few days. We've placed an online grocery order that I will pick up and drop off tomorrow.

Please take this virus seriously! Have a wonderful evening. 

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask! 😷

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

DARN! I had a post all ready to finish, and clicked to see a new reply (thought it was just above where I was) and lost the whole post. GRRRR.

Shortened version....

Thanks to everyone for thread.

Congratulations and cheers for new babies and negative tests!

@ger_77thank you for quoting @sailingdutchy's post. The picture didn't show on the original post on my screen.

My niece's mom-my sister-has now tested positive for COVID. While she has some of the typical symptoms, she is in positive spirits because, they are relatively mild. She has spent much time on the phone with the health unit these past few days. We've placed an online grocery order that I will pick up and drop off tomorrow.

Please take this virus seriously! Have a wonderful evening. 

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask! 😷

I hope sis stays well.   She is in our thoughts and prayers 

• Like 2

Sorry to be posting so late.

I couldn't get the timing to work for a chat with our PCC yesterday, but we had a long conversation this morning. Bottom line - We have two new cruises booked. 

The first is 14 days on the Nieuw Amsterdam Nov 20 - Dec 4, 2021. It is an Eastern/Southern Caribbean collector's cruise. Our son and his girlfriend will be with us for all 14 days. This basically replaces the cruise we should have taken this fall. We will celebrate Thanksgiving and Niall's 31st birthday. I did not book using the "Have It All" promotion, but I am having second thoughts; it might actually be worth it for this cruise. Unless the upcoming "View & Veranda" promotion offers something better...

The second cruise is March 27 - April 17, 2022 on the Nieuw Statendam. This basically replaces the 18 day Spring 2021 cruise that HAL cancelled. It is a 21 day collector's "Southern Caribbean Seafarer/Wayfarer" cruise. Mitzi and I will be celebrating our 34th anniversary (assuming my math is correct!) on this one. 

Maybe some of you will join us for one or both cruises!

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

My niece's mom-my sister-has now tested positive for COVID. While she has some of the typical symptoms, she is in positive spirits because, they are relatively mild. She has spent much time on the phone with the health unit these past few days.

Prayers for a quick and easy recovery for your sister.  It's frightening when it hits so close.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

y niece's mom-my sister-has now tested positive for COVID. While she has some of the typical symptoms, she is in positive spirits because, they are relatively mild.

So sorry to hear this.  Thank you for helping her.

Roy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Has anyone noticed our post numbers are back in the upper right side of each post?  They were missing after CC latest update.  They were listening to comments and acted.  Thanks CC!

I forgot to mention my favorite bartender.  He's the one who hands me my glass of wine each day at Happy Hour.  😊

8 hours ago, kazu said:

I was just about to say that too!

Glad to see them back. 🙂 

I'm late to the party, but thanks for pointing out the post numbers. They were gone for so long I stopped looking! They are very useful for reference as you read. 😀

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PSR said:

I'm late to the party, but thanks for pointing out the post numbers. They were gone for so long I stopped looking! They are very useful for reference as you read. 😀

It must have just taken place.  @kazu(Jacqui) noticed it the same time I did.

• Like 2

Cheers to all who shared good news today.  Our thoughts and good wishes to those and their families sharing bad news.

Hoping for common sense during this dark time, and hoping for a brighter future soon.

Be safe and wear your masks, plus stay six feet apart.  

Lenda 

• Like 4

Really late to the party. Hope all are well. Just posted some pics to Thursday’s Daily. On the road back to Key Largo.

Michel Gassier Costières de Nîmes White Nostre Païs 2017

This excellently rated white blend might be a bit hard to find, but if you do find it the price seems reasonable at $21. This is going on my list. Lemon shortbread!

#63 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2019

Nostre Païs,  “Our Land” is Michel Gassier’s attempt at capturing what makes the Costières de Nîmes unique in the Rhône valley. Here white varieties thrive due to the thermal breezes from Mediterranean as well as the cooling winds from the Massif Central. Michel Gassier makes a point of harvesting his whites just before the peak of maturity to preserve the natural acidity in the grapes. To balance the acidity he ferments half of this cuvée in neutral French oak barrels. Blend: 45% Grenache Blanc, 30% Roussanne, 10% Clairette, 10% Viognier, 5% Bourboulenc

91 - Wine Spectator

Fresh, featuring pear, yellow apple, melon and jasmine notes streaming through together, with a flash of lemon shortbread on the enticing finish. Grenache Blanc, Roussanne, Clairette, Viognier and Bourboulenc.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Really late to the party. Hope all are well. Just posted some pics to Thursday’s Daily. On the road back to Key Largo.

Michel Gassier Costières de Nîmes White Nostre Païs 2017

This excellently rated white blend might be a bit hard to find, but if you do find it the price seems reasonable at $21. This is going on my list. Lemon shortbread!

#63 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2019

Nostre Païs,  “Our Land” is Michel Gassier’s attempt at capturing what makes the Costières de Nîmes unique in the Rhône valley. Here white varieties thrive due to the thermal breezes from Mediterranean as well as the cooling winds from the Massif Central. Michel Gassier makes a point of harvesting his whites just before the peak of maturity to preserve the natural acidity in the grapes. To balance the acidity he ferments half of this cuvée in neutral French oak barrels. Blend: 45% Grenache Blanc, 30% Roussanne, 10% Clairette, 10% Viognier, 5% Bourboulenc

91 - Wine Spectator

Fresh, featuring pear, yellow apple, melon and jasmine notes streaming through together, with a flash of lemon shortbread on the enticing finish. Grenache Blanc, Roussanne, Clairette, Viognier and Bourboulenc.

Thanks for posting this for us.  This sounds like a great wine.

I’m putting it on my list in case I see it in Europe.  Love Viognier 🙂 and Grenache Blanc 🙂