Summer 2021 cruises.

hollyjess

15 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

That doesnt not apply at the moment if it is a Select fare booked it is free of charge to move your cruise and doesnt have to be a dearer one.

I know that, I was answering the question that that SarahHben was asking.

Does anyone know if usually, outside of COVID circumstances, you can transfer your deposit to a cruise the following year?'

I did miss out the Select fare bit though so thanks for clarifying that point.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

This doesn’t look so good for cruises to Europe.

Most Britons face bar from visiting EU under Covid safety rules

https://www.ft.com/content/43a5b078-9102-4972-b5a8-b52a0081fb94?desktop=true&segmentId=d8d3e364-5197-20eb-17cf-2437841d178a

As this is subscription-only content, perhaps you'd like to give us the gist of what it says?

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

As this is subscription-only content, perhaps you'd like to give us the gist of what it says?

From what I’ve seen else where, it says that after 1st January, most Britons will be barred from visiting the EU when pandemic safety rules that allow free travel within the bloc cease applying to the U.K.

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Regardless of the actual content, I assume if means that now we are out of the EU with no deal.  Unless a miracle happens by Sunday, the EU can determine the rules. No different to the fact that from Jan 1st UK citizens can only spend 3 months in any 6 in an EU country. 

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I don't think we want to cancel our 2021 cruise, we're booked on that one with other family members and we want to go on it if possible. However I'm considering hedging my bets, just in case it's cancelled, and booking for 2022 as well. It's the 2022 cruise that we may want to move so I'm assuming by then the t's and c's will be back to pre-covid terms.

Hopefully you should know before the final balance date if the 2021 cruise is going to be cancelled, and if so the current special t&Cs  should still enable you to move that into a new "holding" cruise, that you could move again when 2023 cruises are launched, thus leaving your current 2022 cruise alone, hopefully!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Regardless of the actual content, I assume if means that now we are out of the EU with no deal.  Unless a miracle happens by Sunday, the EU can determine the rules. No different to the fact that from Jan 1st UK citizens can only spend 3 months in any 6 in an EU country. 

It only covers the situation where covid special measures are needed, once the EU starts vaccination and the situation improves the Spanish, Portuguese, Greeks and Italians will be desperate to have these restrictions lifted, otherwise their tourist industry will be decimated.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

It only covers the situation where covid special measures are needed, once the EU starts vaccination and the situation improves the Spanish, Portuguese, Greeks and Italians will be desperate to have these restrictions lifted, otherwise their tourist industry will be decimated.

I seem to recal that a couple of months ago the Canaries said that despite anything the EU said they would welcome Brits with open arms, even refunding their tourist taxes. I hope so as we are booked for Lanzarote in April.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

No, the 3 months in 6 months is regulated by EU law. It doesn't affect the vast majority of UK holiday makers,  but it does have an impact on those Brits who spent more than 187 days in the EU living in their holiday homes.

These people have tried to sail under the radar, not paying taxes in the EU country in which they are living, not registering on  the equivalent of the electoral roll etc.

When we moved to Spain,  we de-registered from the UK tax system, registered on the Spanish system, registered on the "padron ", registered on the Spanish health service etc.

All the Brits complaining about the 3 month rule gave only themselves to blame.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

No, the 3 months in 6 months is regulated by EU law. It doesn't affect the vast majority of UK holiday makers,  but it does have an impact on those Brits who spent more than 187 days in the EU living in their holiday homes.

These people have tried to sail under the radar, not paying taxes in the EU country in which they are living, not registering on  the equivalent of the electoral roll etc.

When we moved to Spain,  we de-registered from the UK tax system, registered on the Spanish system, registered on the "padron ", registered on the Spanish health service etc.

Second home owners in their Chelsea tractors getting caught out. There was a young Lady from Salcombe🤣

34 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The FT report I read was exclusively related to the covid situation, and suggesting that the UK citizens would no longer be entitled to free movement, and might  not be given special dispensation to enter the EU for unnecessary travel while the covid crisis persisted. Nothing to do with the 90 days in 180 limit for 2nd home owners.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I did type an explanatory sentence

Here's a screenshot with more info

801FF512-8542-4193-B4A9-0BE2F2EEF64E.jpeg

Norway have also taken similar COVID action against British visitors and they are not in EU. Hopefully once vaccine gets given then these restrictions will be lifted, although some countries, not just in EU,  may require official evidence of vaccination.

I think we are still barred from entering the US. 

9 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Hopefully you should know before the final balance date if the 2021 cruise is going to be cancelled, and if so the current special t&Cs  should still enable you to move that into a new "holding" cruise, that you could move again when 2023 cruises are launched, thus leaving your current 2022 cruise alone, hopefully!

Yes, that's a good point, thank you.

If we do decide to book 2022 as well, I just hope that can be moved if 2021 pans out ok. We can't really afford to cruise 2 years running plus we enjoy other types of holiday and holidaying with our grown up children, two of whom won't try cruising. I suppose if by 2022 transfers aren't as flexible we could opt just to lose our deposit.

Now to persuade my husband that booking a second cruise is a good idea 😁 

9 hours ago, zap99 said:

Second home owners in their Chelsea tractors getting caught out. There was a young Lady from Salcombe🤣

Oi!  I saw that remark!  LOL  I don't actually live in Salcombe, only work there.  Same brigade are now getting angry as they cannot keep their moorings if they pay Business Rates.  I use the word "pay" but actually they pay nothing cos they get Small business rate relief and pay nothing at all.  I think our Council is over £2.5million short because of this.  Same in Cornwall.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

From what I’ve seen else where, it says that after 1st January, most Britons will be barred from visiting the EU when pandemic safety rules that allow free travel within the bloc cease applying to the U.K.

Didn't Wales and Scotland ban us English recently?🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I am hoping that we will get to go on our planned cruise in May around Britain on Sky Princess. I won't care if the call in Le Havre is cancelled because the EU don't want Brits.

I hope that's not too soon. June for us to Alaska. Le Harve docks aren't the most attractive port. Does it go to Guernsey?.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Oi!  I saw that remark!  LOL  I don't actually live in Salcombe, only work there.  Same brigade are now getting angry as they cannot keep their moorings if they pay Business Rates.  I use the word "pay" but actually they pay nothing cos they get Small business rate relief and pay nothing at all.  I think our Council is over £2.5million short because of this.  Same in Cornwall.

Same in Gwynedd too. 

42 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I hope that's not too soon. June for us to Alaska. Le Harve docks aren't the most attractive port. Does it go to Guernsey?.

I hope you get to go to Alaska Zap but not looking great at the moment with how the pandemic is in the USA. At least there should be a new man in charge over there by then who takes more rational decisions... 

11 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I hope you get to go to Alaska Zap but not looking great at the moment with how the pandemic is in the USA. At least there should be a new man in charge over there by then who takes more rational decisions... 

Fortunately final payment is for another 5 months. Keeping 2022 free just in case.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Since we make up 30 or 40% of Spanish tourism, I doubt that they will want to exclude Brits from visiting.

I'm sure you're right. I'm not sure if the current situation in Spain, where you need proof of a negative CV19 test, means that the Jan 1st restriction is applicable or not.