Summer 2021 cruises.

hollyjess

3 minutes ago, hollyjess said:

Brilliant news with the vaccine rollout. Are any cruisers optimistic about cruises for the med for June 2021 onwards without restrictive measures or is that just me being hopeful?

Nothing wrong with being hopeful.. 

If cruising is up and running by then, I still think some restrictive measures will have to be in place. 

We sail on Iona next December, so am hopeful for a bit of normality by then. 

Andy 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hollyjess said:

Brilliant news with the vaccine rollout. Are any cruisers optimistic about cruises for the med for June 2021 onwards without restrictive measures or is that just me being hopeful?

I would have thought that it depends on how quickly the vaccine is rolled out in France, Spain, Italy etc. Given the death tolls in Italy and Spain, I would imagine they will be extremely cautious about reopening their countries to mass tourism.  

21 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I would have thought that it depends on how quickly the vaccine is rolled out in France, Spain, Italy etc. Given the death tolls in Italy and Spain, I would imagine they will be extremely cautious about reopening their countries to mass tourism.  

Germany is already preparing to start vaccination when the EU approve the first vaccine, which is supposed to be imminent. If the EU works as it should then all the other countries will be starting their vaccination programmes soon as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Germany is already preparing to start vaccination when the EU approve the first vaccine, which is supposed to be imminent. If the EU works as it should then all the other countries will be starting their vaccination programmes soon as well.

I was reading that there was some "discussion" amongst the EU states, to ensure that available  vaccine was distributed fairly amongst all the member states. So, Hungary for example,  would be entitled to the same number of doses per capita, as Italy, Spain etc. June might therefore still be quite early for significant vaccination levels to be achieved throughout the EU.

4 hours ago, hollyjess said:

Perhaps cruises the med will go, but I would guess some restrictions.

When they do restart cruising I would think it would be  for  7 nights ....or less....to start with to see how things go and then as things start to open up more start to include the longer cruises. We have a 14 night cruise in October which may ....or may not....sail but if restrictions are still in place it won't be something we want to do

25 minutes ago, janny444 said:

When they do restart cruising I would think it would be  for  7 nights ....or less....to start with to see how things go and then

That seems eminently sensible. Those that think their cruise will sail as planned immediately after the current "pause" are being highly optimistic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi we have transatlantic booked for April 21 and again in June 21 and just noticed that April 21 has disappeared from the website (Cunard) doesn’t look good

Cunard has some more cancelations

As a result of the continuing impact of Covid-19, Cunard has further extended its pause in operations to departures up to and including 28 May 2021 for Queen Mary 2 and up to and including 4 June 2021 for Queen Elizabeth. Queen Victoria’s programme remains unaffected and she is scheduled to resume sailings on 17 May 2021

I also think that the restart cruises should be closer to home starting with Round Britain cruises which over time could be gradually lengthened. Then if anything " untoward" happens they are in a much better position to deal with it and I would think for our own piece of mind knowing that we can get home with relative ease.

I have to say the Round Britain cruise we did was one of the most enjoyable.

16 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Nothing wrong with being hopeful.. 

If cruising is up and running by then, I still think some restrictive measures will have to be in place. 

We sail on Iona next December, so am hopeful for a bit of normality by then. 

Andy 

Is that to the Canaries ? We sail on her in Feb 22, will be interested in your thoughts.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if usually, outside of COVID circumstances, you can transfer your deposit to a cruise the following year?
I’m getting more and more unsure about our June 2021 cruise going ahead, or at least going ahead in a way that we would be happy with. I’m considering not cancelling it, but putting a new deposit down on a 2022 cruise before prices rise too much. Then if 2021 is cancelled we have plan B, but if it’s not cancelled  and we do sail next year I would want to move the 2022 deposit to 2023.

I’ve looked on the P&O website but can’t see anything about deposit transfers.

54 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Does anyone know if usually, outside of COVID circumstances, you can transfer your deposit to a cruise the following year?
I’m getting more and more unsure about our June 2021 cruise going ahead, or at least going ahead in a way that we would be happy with. I’m considering not cancelling it, but putting a new deposit down on a 2022 cruise before prices rise too much. Then if 2021 is cancelled we have plan B, but if it’s not cancelled  and we do sail next year I would want to move the 2022 deposit to 2023.

I saw at sometime, but can't remember where, that the normal admin fee to transfer a booking was £100. Like you I have searched to confirm but can't find anything.

8 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I saw at sometime, but can't remember where, that the normal admin fee to transfer a booking was £100. Like you I have searched to confirm but can't find anything.

Just found this, in addition to the £100 it has to be to a more expensive cruise and some timing conditions of when the transfer can be made.

po-cruises-booking-conditions-may-19.pdf

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Does anyone know if usually, outside of COVID circumstances, you can transfer your deposit to a cruise the following year?

If the cruise you have booked for June 2021 is a Select fare then you can transfer it to any cruise FREE of charge. We cancelled our cruise in May 2021, where we had only paid a deposit,  when the Summer 2022 programme was released recently and transferred it to a cruise in May 2022.

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Just found this, in addition to the £100 it has to be to a more expensive cruise and some timing conditions of when the transfer can be made.

po-cruises-booking-conditions-may-19.pdf

That doesnt not apply at the moment if it is a Select fare booked it is free of charge to move your cruise and doesnt have to be a dearer one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

If the cruise you have booked for June 2021 is a Select fare then you can transfer it to any cruise FREE of charge. We cancelled our cruise in May 2021, where we had only paid a deposit,  when the Summer 2022 programme was released recently and transferred it to a cruise in May 2022.

I don't think we want to cancel our 2021 cruise, we're booked on that one with other family members and we want to go on it if possible. However I'm considering hedging my bets, just in case it's cancelled, and booking for 2022 as well. It's the 2022 cruise that we may want to move so I'm assuming by then the t's and c's will be back to pre-covid terms.