Amsterdam Cruise Terminal

Interlinetraveler

58 minutes ago, Interlinetraveler said:

Wondering if anyone could tell me where HAL docks in Amsterdam for their cruises.  Will be cruising aboard Rotterdam in August of 2021.

Thanks.

It's a half a mile walk from the central Station.

15 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

From Copper's excellent pictures it looks like  short distance, but not a practical walk unless you want to walk on the train tracks or a major road.  Is it pedestrian friendly?

Yes it is pedestrian friendly. I walked it to get to a tram in front of the CS in order to visit my old neighborhood and it includes a slight climb over a nearby bridge. The walk is on a dedicated walking path which is separated from vehicular traffic. Takes about 10-15 min, depending on whether you have the condition of a Usain Bolt or not 😉, to reach the Centraal Station (CS). I would not walk it schlepping a bunch of cruise ship luggage behind me however, and in that case, would take a taxi instead

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Interlinetraveler said:

Wondering if anyone could tell me where HAL docks in Amsterdam for their cruises.  Will be cruising aboard Rotterdam in August of 2021.

Thanks.

Please take care of Rotterdam for us!  lol. We board in October for the first Trans Atlantic and are very excited.  Please post a review and pics if you can.  Have a wonderful cruise!

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Please take care of Rotterdam for us!  lol. We board in October for the first Trans Atlantic and are very excited.  Please post a review and pics if you can.  Have a wonderful cruise!

I'm just hoping it actually sails, and we get this virus under control.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Interlinetraveler said:

Hopefully, they would give the Dutch line preference on the berths.

2 years ago with hal. We left from the central terminal and returned to the industrial ( think celebrity was docked in the central). They let us know this 2-3 weeks in advance. 

There were taxi. Price was around 50 min. Ride was 15-20 minutes

For the hotel at which to stay that will allow most guests to walk directly to the Passenger Ship Terminal with their luggage and not require a taxi or assistance is the Movenpick.  The terminal is literally "just down the street".  

A minor downside to the hotel, if one wants to do any sightseeing in Amsterdam and want to use the trams, it is not quite as easy to get to the trams as the hotel's web site would have you believe.  (They stop outside our front door.  Well, sort of.  But, one has to walk just a bit to get to the stop for the tram.)  But, we were were very pleased with the Movenpick.  Our room overlooked the terminal and we watched the Eurodam arrive to pick us up.  

Where is the ocean cruise terminal in relation to the docks the river boats use?  It looks close.  When I river cruised from Amsterdam back in 2018 I didn't see and cruise ships but it was late in the season.

3 minutes ago, Roz said:

Where is the ocean cruise terminal in relation to the docks the river boats use?  It looks close.  When I river cruised from Amsterdam back in 2018 I didn't see and cruise ships but it was late in the season.

The river terminal is about half way between the Movenpick and the Central Station.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roz said:

I remember the river boats docked--side by side by side, etc,--in that same area.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roz said:

The Movenpick was the pre-and post- cruise hotel for one of the river boat cruise lines.  I remember seeing a guest services desk set up in the hotel's lobby.  I don't recall the company, however.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Yes it is pedestrian friendly. I walked it to get to a tram in front of the CS in order to visit my old neighborhood and it includes a slight climb over a nearby bridge. The walk is on a dedicated walking path which is separated from vehicular traffic. Takes about 10-15 min, depending on whether you have the condition of a Usain Bolt or not 😉, to reach the Centraal Station (CS). I would not walk it schlepping a bunch of cruise ship luggage behind me however, and in that case, would take a taxi instead

Agree with Copper.  My 83 year old mother and I walked it on a turnaround day in Amsterdam. Very easy.  Hope to be doing it again next summer when DM’ll be 85!  Of course, that assumes we’ll both be vaccinated and ships are sailing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Agree with Copper.  My 83 year old mother and I walked it on a turnaround day in Amsterdam. Very easy.  Hope to be doing it again next summer when DM’ll be 85!  Of course, that assumes we’ll both be vaccinated and ships are sailing.

You go girl!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alberta Quilter said:

I hope you and your wife are well!  I miss our team trivia sessions....

I’m not sure if we will be able to go next year but I’m planning as if we will.  I never really know until we actually step on the ship.  Anything can happen as the world knows very well, now.

I hope you can go!   I'm hoping to cruise out of Amsterdam in September.  We tried to book as late summer as we could, hoping things would be sorted out by then.

• Like 1