Spring 2021 T/A’s to get pushed out? Maybe? Please!

I am hoping that with the vaccines now rolling out that the spring 2021 TransAtlantic sailings will still take place. At the very least, maybe Royal Caribbean will push them out from April to May or even June? We are not canceling our Rhapsody booking as we’re thinking that the ships will certainly need to get to Europe at some point for at least a partial summer season. Is anyone else sharing our hope? Of course the CDC needs to “update” its position, and a lot of details worked out for the on-board experience before that can even be considered. 

5 minutes ago, twoontheisle said:

I am hoping that with the vaccines now rolling out that the spring 2021 TransAtlantic sailings will still take place. At the very least, maybe Royal Caribbean will push them out from April to May or even June? We are not canceling our Rhapsody booking as we’re thinking that the ships will certainly need to get to Europe at some point for at least a partial summer season. Is anyone else sharing our hope? Of course the CDC needs to “update” its position, and a lot of details worked out for the on-board experience before that can even be considered. 

They leave from the US so they fall under the CDC restrictions of no cruises longer than 7 days.

somehow I can’t see the CDC altering their guidelines this soon.  I see the ships sailing empty to Europe. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Changing dates may work for some people but I suspect it wouldn't work for many and I suspect many are looking forward to getting deposits refunded when it cancels.

The country at the other end also has to allow the ship to arrive and when the ship has people of many nationalities that isn't guaranteed either.  

We focus on the CDC but health agencies in many countries won't be super excited receiving hundreds or thousands of foreigners arriving all at once.  Not until the risk to their own citizens is very low and that won't be by the summer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Like you, we're trying to hang on until the bitter end -  Scheduled to be on Rhapsody in April (her first cruise out of Rome after the TA) -  So if for no other reason.... I'm praying yours goes off without a hitch! 🙂 

Not an RCI ship  , though we have done many TAs with RCI ,  but our March TA ship with MSC left for Europe on 22nd Dec. for Spain according to a post on the roll call quoting Marinetraffic . 😡.I am mad because MSC haven’t officially cancelled it yet and we lost the deposit as we  refuse to pay out any more to them . 

• 2 weeks later...

Most countries in Europe are locked down at the moment. Covid rates are rampant and increasing in most areas.   International travel is limited and requires both quarantine periods and negative covid tests.  It is very unlikely that the Europe cruises are going to happen in April and May , and possibly longer than that.  The decision will be out of Royal’s hands.

• Like 3