Oops, looks like I just booked a cruise!

Named-Tawny

Well, our last cruise was canceled (Canada/New England October 2020), and we've been wondering when/if we'll feel safe cruising again.

Thankfully, I had some chores to do today, so I was procrastinating by being on the NCL site.  Then something caught my eye - Greenland!

So, we're booked.  July 2022, Iceland/Greenland.  10 Days, four sea days.  I was really only trying to distract myself.

NCL is very good at what they do. lolsigh!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Named-Tawny said:

. . . . . . NCL is very good at what they do. lolsigh!

Me, too!  In November,  I was aimlessly browsing on the NCL site, found two 2022 itineraries I liked, couldn't decide between them, so I booked both.  British Isles in May similar to my canceled 2020 cruise, and Northern European cities in Sep.  NCL is good at what they do by having 2022 European itineraries available before the other major cruise lines and by having low deposit requirements - at least that was the special at the time, which made it easier for me to book 2 cruises so far out.  

Now, I see 2023 itineraries are available for booking.. . .  😁

Edited by Joanne G.
  • Like 2

Don't feel bad (How could you--u just booked a cruise!)

After vaccine announcement, I booked UK in June for DM & I  plus Med in Aug for DM, DD & I to replace cancelled cruises in 2019 & 2020.

Mom & I have already decided to push UK to 2022...I'm guessing Med will get pushed as well..

But DH & I have SWA companion pass thru 6/30...so we just booked a June Caribbean cruise (sry, Princess was offering a better deal...) Fingers crossed at least Caribbean is a go if we have our vaccines!!!!

We did our 1st NCL last Nov. and LOVED it. Fell in love with the WaterFront & Sid Norman's!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Joanne G. said:

Me, too!  In November,  I was aimlessly browsing on the NCL site, found two 2022 itineraries I liked, couldn't decide between them, so I booked both.  British Isles in May similar to my canceled 2020 cruise, and Northern European cities in Sep.  NCL is good at what they do by having 2022 European itineraries available before the other major cruise lines and by having low deposit requirements - at least that was the special at the time, which made it easier for me to book 2 cruises so far out.  

Now, I see 2023 itineraries are available for booking.. . .  😁

Yup, EXACTLY.  Between the free 4 day courtesy hold (so I could check with my better half) and the low deposit (with the balance not due for over a year) it made it really really easy to say yes.

(I nearly booked a Baltics cruise for 2021, but that got vetoed by said better half)

1 hour ago, FLcruisergrl said:

We were feeling sad last weekend because it was cold outside and we usually cruise this time of year. Ended up booking a little 5 day on the Escape to Mexico for Dec 2021!

Cold outside? In Florida? What, did it get down to 70 degrees? Just teasing you (I used grew up & used to live in the Miami area and actually saw it snow in Miami, and no, it wasn't cocaine). Talk about cold, come up to Michigan about now when 35 degrees seems like a heat wave.

I'm holding on to my prediction that with the vaccine(s) rolling out that cruising will resume no later than the 2nd half of this year (2021). Imo, I think you're Dec 2021 5-day cruise to Mexico on the Escape will be a "go". My 1st booked cruise this year is Oct on PoA. I'm hoping this is late enough this year for the vaccines to be fully administered, for cruising to resume & for Hawaii to be reopened. Fingers crossed for both of us 🤞...

Edited by farmersfight
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, farmersfight said:

Cold outside? In Florida? What, did it get down to 70 degrees? Just teasing you (I used grew up & used to live in the Miami area and actually saw it snow in Miami, and no, it wasn't cocaine). Talk about cold, come up to Michigan about now when 35 degrees seems like a heat wave.

I'm holding on to my prediction that with the vaccine(s) rolling out that cruising will resume no later than the 2nd half of this year (2021). Imo, I think you're Dec 2021 5-day cruise to Mexico on the Escape will be a "go". My 1st booked cruise this year is Oct on PoA. I'm hoping this is late enough this year for the vaccines to be fully administered, for cruising to resume & for Hawaii to be reopened. Fingers crossed for both of us 🤞...

Haha...in North Fla it gets cold-we had highs in the low 40s with a bad wind chill on Christmas Day! I’m hopeful and optimistic that we’ll sail in December. I’m being cautious, though, and not sending them more than the deposit before I see how things are going to play out.  I think things will start to get better by summer and we’ll have some semblance of normal (or a new normal) by December.

• Like 1

I went to Greenland Years ago ..wow wow wow ..i loved the massiveicebergs we saw ...amazing ...the whole town came to greet us, we were invitedto a concert and tea and cake ....all ofus on shore 

it was a unique experience off a very small Princess ship.....it was cold but beautiful 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Minoushka said:

I went to Greenland Years ago ..wow wow wow ..i loved the massiveicebergs we saw ...amazing ...the whole town came to greet us, we were invitedto a concert and tea and cake ....all ofus on shore 

it was a unique experience off a very small Princess ship.....it was cold but beautiful 

It's occurred to me that in many of the places we'll be visiting there's going to be more people on the ship, than in the towns.

On 1/3/2021 at 5:11 AM, FLcruisergrl said:

We were feeling sad last weekend because it was cold outside and we usually cruise this time of year. Ended up booking a little 5 day on the Escape to Mexico for Dec 2021!

We too booked the Escape in Dec of 21. Used my FCC to cover the cost so no out of pocket. Hope if it's cancelled, they will extend my FCC.

I'm doing Iceland/Greenland July 2022 as well only on the 11 day.  Wicked excited!  Do hope I get to go on at least one cruise before that though.  Right now Alaska in August on the books, but I'm feeling  50/50 on if it will sail or not. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2021 at 11:22 PM, Named-Tawny said:

Well, our last cruise was canceled (Canada/New England October 2020), and we've been wondering when/if we'll feel safe cruising again.

Thankfully, I had some chores to do today, so I was procrastinating by being on the NCL site.  Then something caught my eye - Greenland!

So, we're booked.  July 2022, Iceland/Greenland.  10 Days, four sea days.  I was really only trying to distract myself.

NCL is very good at what they do. lolsigh!

I booked the same cruise (pretty sure anyhow, I’m on July 25 2022) this spring! I am so looking forward to it. 

I have been spending A LOT of time on their site this week. Work has just been so incredibly awful since Thanksgiving (work in healthcare in a hospital). This week I should be on a cruise ship on my way to Aruba-and it is getting to me more than normal. Pretty sure I am gonna use one of my cruise next certificates to book something for the fall tonight or tomorrow. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lepidoptera said:

I booked the same cruise (pretty sure anyhow, I’m on July 25 2022) this spring! I am so looking forward to it. 

Yup, that's the one!  I've been trying to get my head around shorex, but most of the sites I've found seem geared towards selling TO the cruise-ships; might actually need to book through the ship!

No matter.  So excited.  They've done a great job of reeling me back in.

Same here.  I needed to use a CN before the expiration date.  I'd been tracking two cruises for a couple of months, trying to figure out the dates.  Then all of a sudden I'm drawn to another cruise and book it the next day.  Impulsive?