Scenic: Laundry Service

mapsd

We haven't travelled on Scenic, however our cruise had laundry(wash/dry not dry clean) that you left in a bag in the morning and it was returned either that night or the next morning I believe.  You would probably get along with a couple days outfits at least.  We never used ours, we had quick dry tops, and just washed them and hung to dry.  By the next day they were fine.

We had one free bag of laundry on ours, but ended up using it a lot more.  As Daisi said, ours was back later that day.

It was a very good service and worth the money, so if it is included you will love it.

The short answer to your question is "Yes" - you can pack fewer clothes and get your laundry reliably returned every day, provided that you put it in the bag in the morning in time for them to pick up. It's very easy and convenient. 

Just be aware that towards the end of the trip they shut down the laundry service a day early (at least according to my 2 experiences with them). If you're flying straight home after the trip it's probably not a bother, but if you're traveling onward, you'll need a few items to tide you over to your next laundry spot.

36 minutes ago, sbjornda said:

The short answer to your question is "Yes" - you can pack fewer clothes and get your laundry reliably returned every day, provided that you put it in the bag in the morning in time for them to pick up. It's very easy and convenient. 

Just be aware that towards the end of the trip they shut down the laundry service a day early (at least according to my 2 experiences with them). If you're flying straight home after the trip it's probably not a bother, but if you're traveling onward, you'll need a few items to tide you over to your next laundry spot.

Good to know!

Our original booking included 2 items/day.

The rebooking credit allowed us to upgrade to a Royal Balcony Suite, which includes a few extras, including unlimited laundry service.

I was curious if its commonplace to have ALL of your laundry done daily, or is it considered tacky, or an abuse of the system to have things cleaned every day?

Do we feel safe having delicates/fine washables done?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mapsd said:

Personally I would never trust delicates or fine washables to an laundry on a river cruise. They can't have a lot of space for machines, and I doubt that everything is handled delicately; it would all be washed on at least warm water and put in a dryer with other items.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mapsd said:

I was curious if its commonplace to have ALL of your laundry done daily, or is it considered tacky, or an abuse of the system to have things cleaned every day?

It's perfectly fine to get stuff done daily, especially in a Royal Suite. Your butler is there to serve you.

As for delicates... you're taking your chances, but (especially for Royal Suite passengers) you should feel free to ask your butler for advice. And think carefully whether it's worth your while to take anything delicate or expensive with you; for us, at least, it would create more anxiety than it's worth, and would detract from the overall experience. Everyone is different, though.

1 hour ago, sbjornda said:

It's perfectly fine to get stuff done daily, especially in a Royal Suite. Your butler is there to serve you.

As for delicates... you're taking your chances, but (especially for Royal Suite passengers) you should feel free to ask your butler for advice. And think carefully whether it's worth your while to take anything delicate or expensive with you; for us, at least, it would create more anxiety than it's worth, and would detract from the overall experience. Everyone is different, though.

Thanks!

Guessing the items we'd be worried about would only be worn 1-2 times for the captain's table/special dinner, so no need to launder, but good to know that it will be easy to have the rest cleaned onboard since we plan to spend a week post cruise travelling N Europe.

11 hours ago, BCHappyGal said:

We are looking at booking Scenic North Sea to Black Sea which is a 21 night cruise so will need laundry so glad to hear that I can have it done .... What is the limit either per cruise or per day???

For our Scenic river cruise, it was dependent on what level of cabin you book.

Top tier: unlimited laundry

Mid: 2 items/day

The rest: for a fee.