Ultimate Balcony Dinner on westbound TA

texasgirl29

22 minutes ago, texasgirl29 said:

We are booked on the Nov 28, 2021 Island Princess TA from Rome to FLL. Our cabin is E737, last balcony on Emerald (deck eight) starboard side. Has anyone done an UBD on a southern route westbound TA? Is it too chilly or windy? Thanks!

Being a southern route checked the Funchal, Madeira sunset time for the first part of December & it’s 6:00 PM. I wouldn’t book an UBD at that time at sea although if you don’t mind having it in your cabin you could enjoy it there. We booked an early December UBD during a Santorini sailaway at that time & had it inside our cabin due to the cold weather & still enjoyed it very much. 😊

Plan for an inside the cabin dinner and hope for warmth to dine outside. When you are closer to the ports of Malaga, Casablanca and Madeira it probably will be warmer, maybe in the 60's or higher. Once out in the Atlantic it will probably be comfortable but cooler all the time.  Since you are on the starboard side you will be in the shade most of the day. The sun will be on the port side most of the day. You might get some morning sun across the stern. Sun will be at the bow in the evening.

10 hours ago, skynight said:

Plan for an inside the cabin dinner and hope for warmth to dine outside. When you are closer to the ports of Malaga, Casablanca and Madeira it probably will be warmer, maybe in the 60's or higher. Once out in the Atlantic it will probably be comfortable but cooler all the time.  Since you are on the starboard side you will be in the shade most of the day. The sun will be on the port side most of the day. You might get some morning sun across the stern. Sun will be at the bow in the evening.

Sunset will likely be around 6 PM or shortly thereafter at that time of year. So it will not matter much which side of the ship the sun had been earlier.

• 1 month later...

is that a standard balcony you have? reason i ask is i had a mini suite and even inside that, it was a very tight squeeze indoors. outdoors on the tiny balcony one of you would def be locked in for the duration. not able to move. 

my review of the UBD

17 hours ago, texasgirl29 said:

Thank you, LuckyinPA, for your review. Based on the info here, we may do an inside UBD or skip it for the Chef’s Table. 

Go for the Chef's Table (if you can get it). It's basically a lottery, sign up, may get it, may not. Be sure you pack "closed toe" shoes, just in case. They're required for the galley tour that's included.

20 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

is that a standard balcony you have? reason i ask is i had a mini suite and even inside that, it was a very tight squeeze indoors. outdoors on the tiny balcony one of you would def be locked in for the duration. not able to move. 

my review of the UBD

Do you have a link to your review?

Thanks!

Tom😀

On 1/3/2021 at 1:01 PM, texasgirl29 said:

We are booked on the Nov 28, 2021 Island Princess TA from Rome to FLL. Our cabin is E737, last balcony on Emerald (deck eight) starboard side. Has anyone done an UBD on a southern route westbound TA? Is it too chilly or windy? Thanks!

A suggestion was made for the chiefs dinner. I can second the recommendation. You will not regret doing this. Make sure that you sign up when you first get on the ship. 

Here’s my chiefs dinner from December last year. Everything will melt in your mouth. Wine is paired with your courses. 

Tom😀

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 2/7/2021 at 4:51 PM, trbarton said:

Do you have a link to your review?

Thanks!

Tom😀

i just realized the review of my 2018 cruise was never posted. ill have to make sure its edited and post soon. will be a nice distraction as well