January No Cruise Depression

Loracpin2

9 hours ago, Denny01 said:

we live on the Fla Panhandle, so I joke about Caribbean cruises that we have better beaches (my wife hates swimming in the ocean and does pools - nothing in that to eat her!), better restaurants here and we can buy Chinese stuff here as well as on some island! But, although we enjoy the atmosphere of some of the islands, we do the Caribbean for the ship experience. 

Den

We'll be in Destin for a few days late this month before heading to south Florida. 🙂

If I remember correctly this topic has been discussed before.

We also have cancelled a few cruises ( 2 ) but are not " depressed " in the least bit over not being able to cruise at this time.

There are much more important things in " Life " than going on cruises--- again, and again. ( Ok, Ok IMO ).

To quote a fellow Canadian's post above:

" All I can do is be thankful that my health and the health of my family and friends has not been impacted by Covid ".

Edited by Pinboy
spelling mistake
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

January: No Cruise Depression

What a simple edit will do to the meaning of a post.

Read this: https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=5802&source=99360

With exploding covid cases, sky rocketing prices, the reluctance of people to get their vaccine shot (if even available), the change in the onboard experience, the loss of some perks and the uncertainty of travel restrictions, we have decided that this is a good time to stay safely at home.

The lack of a cruise is not bothering us at all.

• Like 1

I have carried forward all of the cruise cancellations through applying lift and shift options or using FCC.   We usually take two cruises a year - 1 short cruise 5 days or less and then a longer one.   So now with moving them forward, we now have 5 cruises between September 2021 and May 2022.   Going to be a very busy period for us cruising.  So now we are looking forward to that!

PS.   Would not be surprised if one or two of the above cruises gets changed before we reach the date.

We surely do appreciate staying healthy, though have to say, the isolating and not running around on errands and to restaurants is getting to be quite the drag.  We had 4 cruises nicely spaced in 2020 and 2021, now all 4 are from Feb 2022 to Aug. Will be tons of laundry to do!   Just rebooked Italy to Aug 22 with TA and just looked at C site, and the cabin next door is over $200 more. Crazy.

Have to stay positive and not let it all get us down.

You are definitely not alone to be depressed.  That reminder on my phone that I was due to board Connie this week was very depressing.  We rarely can afford a suite, but when they first changed her FL home port to Tampa they had great prices and we booked a suite for a B2B - our first 21 day total cruise.  We lifted and shifted to next year, but the itinerary is not as nice and there are so many rumors about Connie being sold it is anxiety producing as well.  Not to mention we had at least six cruises cancelled starting last March (I've lost count - too depressing).

I know in the scheme of life compared to some people's problems right now this is nothing, but it still is a loss and I think it is reasonable that we are all feeling it.

4 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:

We also cruise every February, and are very depressed.  We have several "bucket list" cruises remaining, and we do not know which will come first:  Taking our "bucket list" cruises or "kicking the bucket."

We have always been advocates of ‘don’t leave until tomorrow’ and ‘making every day count’ but the present situation has made us all realise that not everything comes from our own planning. We always thought it would be the increasing costs that limited our cruising adventures!

Next time we get on a ship it will be the best cruise ever! That cheap freebie fizz on boarding will taste wonderful! 

Stay safe and well...

”We’ll cruise again, don’t know where, don’t know when, but I know we’ll cruise again some sunny day...”

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:

We also cruise every February, and are very depressed.  We have several "bucket list" cruises remaining, and we do not know which will come first:  Taking our "bucket list" cruises or "kicking the bucket."

That's what some of the younger people who post things like saying seniors don't need the vaccines first, they can just quarantine in their homes for months, don't get.  No one is guaranteed anything of course, but more than the younger folks we don't know how many years we have left, let alone how many years we have left with good enough health to travel.  

On 1/9/2021 at 12:30 AM, lifeisrealygood said:

I might not be kicking the bucket yet but I am turning a little pail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/9/2021 at 12:30 AM, lifeisrealygood said:

We also cruise twice every winter , but, are not depressed in the least-- rather be safe at home, freeze my XXX off and not be on a cruise with 5000 people. ( I just thought of the buffet--- forget it ) !!!

As we golfers would say " I might be on the back nine , but, the clubhouse is not in sight ".

• Haha 1