Seashore......Deck 20

SNJCruisers

On MSC US site as well as just about every other site I have seen on line including Cruise Critic, there is no mention of deck 20, where the Yacht Club deck, pool, buffet and hot tubs would be located.  The only place I found it was here.  https://www.mscbook.com/pages/sdl/img/B2B_TA_MSC_Seaside_Deck_Plans-20180416_SH.pdf

The schematic for deck 19 is omitted and the one for deck 20 is in it's place.  Why does MSC make things so difficult?

EDIT:  https://www.mscbook.com/pages/sdl/no_no/msc-seashore.html

This was the original click through, and then the secondary click under download technical sheet was the Seaside....more confusion.

Edited by SNJCruisers

I do have a copy of the tech sheet for Seashore. It is still showing Deck 20 as the YC Sun Deck & Bar. Deck 19 is mostly YC Deluxe Grand Suites and 16 & 18 YC Deluxe Suites. Top Sail on 16 and the YC Restaurant on 18. For those that are new to MSC, MSC does not have a deck 17 just like most ships here do not have a deck 13.

Bret

1 hour ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

I do have a copy of the tech sheet for Seashore. It is still showing Deck 20 as the YC Sun Deck & Bar. Deck 19 is mostly YC Deluxe Grand Suites and 16 & 18 YC Deluxe Suites. Top Sail on 16 and the YC Restaurant on 18. For those that are new to MSC, MSC does not have a deck 17 just like most ships here do not have a deck 13.

Bret

Thanks for the clarification Bret.  It through me for a loop that just about everywhere on line had deck 20 missing and then the spec sheet ended up being the Seaside.

One of the easiest ways to know Seaside from Seashore is the shape of the balconies (and stateroom numbers) of the Royal Suites. If the lines are straight, it's Seaside. If they are curved like a 1/4 circle, it's Seashore. 

What is online is a mixture of incorrect data and incomplete data....the MSC way. 

Decks 6,7 and 8 are also still missing for Seashore, there was also a booking issue because they were using Seaside deck plans and when you picked a certain cabin number on Seashore it was clearly in the wrong place.

The UK site a few months ago still had Deck 19 missing for Seaside.

5 hours ago, Preziosa said:

I wonder when she Will Be ready for sailing.... Will it Be This year......

My friend working on the build told me that the ship would be delayed until October, two days ago I heard from our old travel agent who is booked on the Transatlantic with a friend from NYC, it seems the US travel agent for his friend has told him that the ship will not be ready until December and the TA will be cancelled.

No idea where the US travel agent got her info from.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

My tech sheet shows decks 6, 7 and 8. Admittedly, the PDF still has the word draft in the title but the document was hard to get my hands on.

Are you allowed to share?  I'd be interested in seeing how they lay out the specialty restaurants and if you can spot the Aurea restaurant.  Additionally, since Seashore deck 16 buffet is much larger than Seaside, are they keeping a deck 8 buffet?

18 minutes ago, Até said:

Are you allowed to share?  I'd be interested in seeing how they lay out the specialty restaurants and if you can spot the Aurea restaurant.  Additionally, since Seashore deck 16 buffet is much larger than Seaside, are they keeping a deck 8 buffet?

The old Deck 8 buffet area on the Seaside is now the Specialty Restaurant area. Also shows the Aurea guest restaurant as the Manhattan Restaurant on Deck 7 aft. I wasn't directed that this was confidential so I suppose I can share. Please keep in mind it does say draft so things could change by the time she is done. In fact, some things are in red that I think were tentative and not decided on when this was published.

Bret

31792_MSC_SEASHORE_2020_techsheet_draft.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bret ... Thanks for sharing, a shame that the Aurea bar is tucked away in a small area on the Port side compared to Seaside and Seaview, thought they may have altered the Venchi area to make it accessible on both sides.

Many thanks Bret. 

I think the Aurea Top 19 deck area looks exceptionally large for the reduced number of Aurea cabins that Seashore has.  It looks like One Pool deck area gets a second hot tub at the back.  Interesting idea about the Infinity whirlpools that appear to be on deck 8.  I haven't seen anything about the Robocoaster.

2 hours ago, Até said:

Interesting idea about the Infinity whirlpools that appear to be on deck 8.  

The picture of it on the spec sheet looks great.  Looks like an innovative area that should have been put in the Yacht Club.  On deck 8 it'll be over run with kids, just like the majority of hot tubs on other lines. 

13 hours ago, Até said:

Many thanks Bret. 

I think the Aurea Top 19 deck area looks exceptionally large for the reduced number of Aurea cabins that Seashore has.  It looks like One Pool deck area gets a second hot tub at the back.  Interesting idea about the Infinity whirlpools that appear to be on deck 8.  I haven't seen anything about the Robocoaster.

If you are talking about the forward ones where the Spa area is those were for use of the Spa on Seaside and Seaview and likely will be on Seashore.

59 minutes ago, sidari said:

If you are talking about the forward ones where the Spa area is those were for use of the Spa on Seaside and Seaview and likely will be on Seashore.

The Infinity Whirlpools are new, you can see a rendering on page two of the Technical Sheet.  They are more mid-ship on deck 8, just forward of the Sports Bar and Brooklyn Cafe.

11 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

On deck 8 it'll be over run with kids, just like the majority of hot tubs on other lines. 

Aside from that MSC Kid's Shop there doesn't seem to be much to keep kids on deck 8 any more.  Deck 8 now seems more adult oriented to me.

1 hour ago, sidari said:

So, although I can't find the images on the Draft, I see the same areas as you note.  Also, there is the image of another tub in the bottom right corner of the deck plan.  The notations in the sheet note that the  Yacht has two hot tubs, so, is it possible that was just a cut and paste from Seaside/Seaview and there will actually be three?

Yacht.thumb.JPG.aa5374221cc6df3790ae0b9342cab4f5.JPG

1 hour ago, Até said:

The Infinity Whirlpools are new, you can see a rendering on page two of the Technical Sheet.  They are more mid-ship on deck 8, just forward of the Sports Bar and Brooklyn Cafe.

Ate ... I saw them shortly after my post but had to head out so did not have time to correct my post.

Formula ... I only see one hot tub on the new Deck plan for YC.

34 minutes ago, sidari said:

I only see one hot tub on the new Deck plan for YC.

I think there would still be the normal YC hot tubs forward.  They're, or at least one large one, probably still there but the wording is covering that area up.

It also seems MSC has not made a deal with Roy Yamaguchi, no Roy's restaurant and the sushi and teppanyaki venues are labelled Kaito.

ETA: Seashore has a definite NYC theme... I suppose Seaside's Miami theme didn't keep her there though.

Edited by Até

Has anyone else heard there was a delay past August since this is the last communication from MSC?  I know that this is no reflection but all of the Med cruises are still on sale.  We have changed for the 3rd time since the pandemic started and I really hope our December cruise is still good.  

Overall most everything I see looks like a definite improvement.  Larger theater and lounges that can hold a more appropriate number of people, specialty restaurants with promenade seating.  It would be nice for there to be some type of free food available on deck 8 during the day, I'm hoping that the Caffe8, Chef's Court or Brooklyn Cafe will fill that need.  Based on the numbers it looks like the YC Top Sail lounge may be a little crowded but the YC restaurant and One Pool area look expanded enough to handle the 50% increase in YC passengers.  The only thing I see that worries me a little is the Arcade and Bowling Alley in the Boulevard du Cabaret right outside the Aurea restaurant.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 2:39 PM, cruiseguyinorl said:

Please keep in mind it does say draft so things could change by the time she is done. In fact, some things are in red that I think were tentative and not decided on when this was published.

Bret

The one thing I'll miss that I loved about Seaside was walking out from the YC to the Wine and Cocktail Bar that fronted the specialty restaurants on deck 16.  Friendly and prompt service, and lots of special "smoke" drinks.  Ah, well.....Life goes on!

Edited by JAGR
Error

12 minutes ago, JAGR said:

The one thing I'll miss that I loved about Seaside was walking out from the YC to the Wine and Cocktail Bar that fronted the specialty restaurants on deck 16.  Friendly and prompt service, and lots of special "smoke" drinks.  Ah, well.....Life goes on!

As soon as we get our FCC in our hot little hands we are booking this ship. I really wanted to sail the Meraviglia but we decided to put it off and push this one first. I admit we sat on the pool deck or enjoyed Top Sail for drinks on the Seaside. We enjoyed walking about on the ship but we never had a drink somewhere. Next trip we will try to get out more!

Hey MSCers, has anyone been on the Meregviglia & the  Sesahore? I want to go on the ship that has the changing scene in the overhead light show for the long promedade, and can't find out which one it is or maybe both have it.

So, any info one can provide is much appreciated.