New England, Canada cruise itineraries

stunned

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Check out Celebrity's 12 night cruises leaving from Boston. Great itinerary. We did a 14 Night Celebrity US/Canada cruise September 2019 that left out of Bayonne.

Hi Dave, I'm just flagging for the poster to whom you replied that I put a link to my detailed review of that wonderful 2019 cruise in comment 41 above.

I hope you and your family are safe and well.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Hi Dave, I'm just flagging for the poster to whom you replied that I put a link to my detailed review of that wonderful 2019 cruise in comment 41 above.

I hope you and your family are safe and well.

Thank you. Your well written, detailed review of our September 2019 cruise was the next best thing to being on the cruise.  We are doing great. Hope you are also. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2021 at 8:01 PM, Turtles06 said:

And speaking of those convoys, I recommend that folks visiting Sydney take the time to walk over to the Merchant Mariners Memorial along the waterfront, not far from the cruise pier.  It's an impressive work of art, and I learned a great deal from the accompanying signage.

I was unaware of this.  I appreciate the tip, as well.  My Father was a Merchant Mariner during WW II and served in at least one of the convoys that went to Murmansk.  

6 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I was unaware of this.  I appreciate the tip, as well.  My Father was a Merchant Mariner during WW II and served in at least one of the convoys that went to Murmansk.  

And in Portland, you can see Long Island, where most of the North Atlantic convoys gathered in Casco Bay.  And Cliff Island, which a German U-boat skipper admired so much through his periscope that he moved there after the war.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 12:43 PM, davekathy said:

Thank you. Your well written, detailed review of our September 2019 cruise was the next best thing to being on the cruise.  We are doing great. Hope you are also. 

Don't meant to hijack the thread but just want to say hi.  Been on a CC hiatus for a while but checking back in now and saw your post and wanted say hello and hope all is well.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Don't meant to hijack the thread but just want to say hi.  Been on a CC hiatus for a while but checking back in now and saw your post and wanted say hello and hope all is well.  

Good morning/afternoon. I did notice your absents and then reappearance. Glad to have you back. The information you share is of value to all of us. Hope you guys are staying safe, healthy and warm. We are staying healthy and we are doing great. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Good morning/afternoon. I did notice your absents and then reappearance. Glad to have you back. The information you share is of value to all of us. Hope you guys are staying safe, healthy and warm. We are staying healthy and we are doing great. 

We are doing well and remain optimistic for a return to normal from this past year and, in particular, to return to cruising - hopefully sooner than later.  And it is always good and valuable to hear from you as well!  Will look for you on other threads down the road.

• Like 1