Will P&O now delay announcements for future cruise pauses?

sidekick180

On 2/11/2021 at 4:26 PM, Angel57 said:

Totally agree. I did two full world cruises and two half world cruises between 2011 and 2014 and feel so blessed to have been able to do it then when the world was a very different place.

My last cruise on Aurora was in Dec 2919 to the Christmas markets. I never thought that would be my last for some considerable time. Hopefully one day tho......

My Mum and Sister were on the last “proper” Britannia cruise before lockdown! They got off March 14th, and all passengers who got on after were told they could fly home or go on the ship from Barbados back to Southampton! (Or some were told before they got to the airport). 

I was meant to be on the Ventura in December 2019 for a mini cruise. It was cancelled as the ship broke down in Tenerife! I certainly didn’t think I would have to deal with more cruises being cancelled!! 

5 minutes ago, Glitterati said:

I was meant to be on the Ventura in December 2019 for a mini cruise. It was cancelled as the ship broke down in Tenerife! I certainly didn’t think I would have to deal with more cruises being cancelled!! 

We were on that Ventura cruise.  We were back to backing with the cruise were booked on.  And due to be joined by six friends.  Small world.

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum so be gentle !. I'm supposed to be cruising on Aurora in April 2021. Two of the ports of call are in Portugal. With Portugal being one of the 33 red risk countries do you think I will have to use one of these 'quarantine hotel's when arriving back in the UK. The last port of call is Guernsey...

3 minutes ago, Stevie j said:

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum so be gentle !. I'm supposed to be cruising on Aurora in April 2021. Two of the ports of call are in Portugal. With Portugal being one of the 33 red risk countries do you think I will have to use one of these 'quarantine hotel's when arriving back in the UK. The last port of call is Guernsey...

Hi Stevie. Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately, the chances of your cruise in April happening are virtually nil, so I wouldn’t be worrying about it. I suspect that it will be cancelled next week. 

As an aside, the £1750 per person for 10 days must surely be a deterrent as there’s no way that the sort of hotels that they are using would cost more than around £50 a night for dual occupancy in the current climate! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Hi Stevie. Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately, the chances of your cruise in April happening are virtually nil, so I wouldn’t be worrying about it. I suspect that it will be cancelled next week. 

As an aside, the £1750 per person for 10 days must surely be a deterrent as there’s no way that the sort of hotels that they are using would cost more than around £50 a night for dual occupancy in the current climate! 

Just now, Stevie j said:

3 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

2 minutes ago, Stevie j said:

Thanks for the swift reply... I know that the chances of the cruise departing is virtually nil which is such a shame for us all but I was just wondering... I wouldn't pay 3500 in any way lol..

8 minutes ago, Stevie j said:

Thanks for the swift reply... I know that the chances of the cruise departing is virtually nil which is such a shame for us all but I was just wondering... I wouldn't pay 3500 in any way lol..

Half the problem is that nobody knows for certain when cruises will resume, not just us but the cruise lines and the government have no idea either. Far too soon to know unfortunately, but my gut feel is that it could be as late as the Autumn before overseas cruises restart, but you will find some on here who are still confident that it will be in a few months time whereas others are saying 2022 earliest, so there’s no consensus!

If cruises resume before the ‘red list’ system ends, I would strongly suspect that P&O would change the itinerary to avoid those countries. Nobody is going to want to endure the experience, let alone the cost, of an expensive hotel stay at the end of a cruise. It would be as bad as those poor folk who were confined to their cabins on cruise ships when the pandemic first started. I would think that overseas cruises won’t resume until all these problems have passed.

• Like 4

I am sure P&O are in discussion with the government about when cruising will possibly start so they can make advance plans of new style cruises and arranging staff but this as yet has not been discussed in the public domain. Carnival cruises are starting short (less than 8nt cruises) from America and can see P&O doing a similar but exactly when is anyone's guess.

42 minutes ago, Stevie j said:

45 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

42 minutes ago, Stevie j said:

I think I can speak for all of us that if it takes until the autumn/winter for cruising to recommence in a safe and healthy environment then I'm sure we will all wait.There's more important things going on this world to worry about at the moment.  I'm currently gazing out at the Azura docked at the Port of Tyne ...she looks fab....

• Like 10

Hi Steviej, we are booked on Azura in September, going to the eastern Med. we would like to think that this will go ahead, although it will be different to the norm. Had 2 cancelled and probably another one soon, so really hoping we manage September.

47 minutes ago, Stevie j said:

I think I can speak for all of us that if it takes until the autumn/winter for cruising to recommence in a safe and healthy environment then I'm sure we will all wait.There's more important things going on this world to worry about at the moment.  I'm currently gazing out at the Azura docked at the Port of Tyne ...she looks fab....

Hi stevie j would love to have a drive out to see the Azura but not possible due to lockdown any have of you posting a photo 🤗

Reports of 4 Covid positive guests on Mein-Schiff-2, on a 7 day Canaries Cruise.

Report says that they were immediately isolated on board and then taken to quarantine accommodation in Gran Canaria.

The on board tracing system identified 9 further guests and 11 crew as direct contacts ,these were also isolated on board all tested and all negative but all removed to quarantine accommodation facilities in Gran Canaria as well.

Sailing with 60% capacity,and only balcony and suites occupied. This is a report from Ship crews news web site.

To much like a lottery at this time!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Wow looks amazing thank you, hopefully she will still be there when lockdown ends👍

I would say, hopefully she won't be there and out on a test cruise when lockdown ends. But we know that is not true. 🙂 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stevie j said:

Hi Stevie

Welcome to the forum. What is that date of your Aurora cruise in April? If I remember correctly, I thought all P&O cruises were paused until 24th April but I'm sure others on here will be able to confirm if that is correct. If it is correct then you should have been contacted by P&O or your TA to spell out your options

59 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

They were an absolute nightmare to keep clean! 

The water in our area is chalky, so there were always white splash marks on our  avocado  suite.

I was pleased when we moved and had a nice light whisper peach suite. A lot less trouble to keep looking nice. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

The water in our area is chalky, so there were always white splash marks on our  avocado  suite.

I was pleased when we moved and had a nice light whisper peach suite. A lot less trouble to keep looking nice. 

We skipped avocado and had rich purple. It was no better.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

We skipped avocado and had rich purple. It was no better.

When we moved into our house 20 yrs ago the bathroom suite was described as 'mink' in colour... It was brown...  dark brown 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1