6122 or 6124 Summit

sdnich

33 minutes ago, sdnich said:

I have plenty of deck plans and I have done a  search and  trying to make a decision on these two rooms how obstructed is a view with the lifeboats down below??

The cabins are well described in the M Class cabin spreadsheet.  The lifeboats obstruct your view straight down.  The extend some 8'.  We found the view very acceptable.

Smjoking was limited to two areas adjacent to the pool and one area aft.  When cruising resumes it might be more restricted.

There is no smoking allowed directly below these cabins.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

There are no life boats below either of these cabins.  But the straight downward view is of both the roof over the lounge on deck 4 and some storage compartments - however, no real obstructions other than straight down.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

Thank you ! we were looking at some videos and we couldn’t quite tell!  I don’t mind the deck below but I didn’t want a lifeboat right below my deck. We have an aqua class aft  room booked on this cruise but since so many canceled trips last year and now most of 2021 canceled we want to upgrade!!

Just to clarify, there is no smoking back aft on any of the M-Class ships.  Some confuse it with the S-Class in which smoking is allowed on the port side of the Sunset Bar.

There is smoking port side on Deck 4, midship, the pool deck, port side, and the Mast Bar.  🍷

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I'm with @jelayne on this one.  S2 cabins on M class are ok but for the price difference I go for C1 aft with the huge balcony or A1 on deck 11 for Blu in most cases.

The 5 aft deck 11 Aqua class cabins on M class are wonderful. They are the only ones I will pay Aqua prices for.

We have 1140 Booked and my TA is now holding 6122 .  We have never stayed in one of the aft aqua rooms. Our cruise this year  Vancouver to LA  we are in 1140 also which would’ve been the first time .But with the 7 day restrictions and  not even sure if Canada let us in anyway !! we’re not 100% sure it is going to happen . Great arguments I do like a bigger deck but I love the perks of a sky suite but it is a lot of extra money .

I know most 2021’s plans are getting changed again but it’s nice to think about a future travel !!

6 minutes ago, sdnich said:

We have 1140 Booked and my TA is now holding 6122 .  We have never stayed in one of the aft aqua rooms. Our cruise this year  Vancouver to LA  we are in 1140 also which would’ve been the first time .But with the 7 day restrictions and  not even sure if Canada let us in anyway !! we’re not 100% sure it is going to happen . Great arguments I do like a bigger deck but I love the perks of a sky suite but it is a lot of extra money .

I know most 2021’s plans are getting changed again but it’s nice to think about a future travel !!

I have never been in a suite but 1140 on M class is super nice. A great balcony.

Laura

I know it is a lot $$ I’m trying to justify it because of the fact they might  cancel our Canada to LA cruise .Who knows if Canada will open the border up !! and this cruise is a redo of our 20th anniversary trip that we didn’t get to do last year. Not to make light of the money but we have saved a lot of money in the last year and a half not traveling !!

and we have done a few sky suites and it sure does spoil you!!

I have till tomorrow to decide but I think I’ve talk myself into it 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

That's a big upcharge, enough for another cruise.  What about extending to a B2B for that money?  Or is a CS much more?  It's a lot more space and quite nice on "M" class ships if you can take the big step into the tub.

I agree.  If you can swing the CS then I would go for it.  @wrk2cruise has a good suggest of making a B2B out of your trip. 

I'm not a big fan of the Sky Suites on M Class fairly small and small balcony.  But when I can swing the cost of a CS on the M Class I jump at it.  

Wow I just checked and the CS would be another $5000 over the price of a sky suite! B2B sounded interesting I just looked at it  I don’t know if I want to go to some of the same ports . We will probably spend  five days in Boston before the cruise so it’s almost 3 weeks gone . I’m not working right now but my husband still is so 3 weeks is  kind of pushing it already. I just received an email this morning from Celebrity that we would get double points on cruises booked this month and that would put us up to elite plus . Even though It doesn’t look like it gets us that much more than elite.

Thank you for the input I think we’re going to go ahead and cancel our Canada LA cruise this year with all the restrictions we will look forward to our 2022 !  And South America 2023 !  Both on our  bucket list !,

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sdnich said:

I know it is a lot $$ I’m trying to justify it because of the fact they might  cancel our Canada to LA cruise .Who knows if Canada will open the border up !! and this cruise is a redo of our 20th anniversary trip that we didn’t get to do last year. Not to make light of the money but we have saved a lot of money in the last year and a half not traveling !!

and we have done a few sky suites and it sure does spoil you!!

I have till tomorrow to decide but I think I’ve talk myself into it 😁

Do it, do it, do it!!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sdnich said:

Wow I just checked and the CS would be another $5000 over the price of a sky suite! B2B sounded interesting I just looked at it  I don’t know if I want to go to some of the same ports . We will probably spend  five days in Boston before the cruise so it’s almost 3 weeks gone . I’m not working right now but my husband still is so 3 weeks is  kind of pushing it already. I just received an email this morning from Celebrity that we would get double points on cruises booked this month and that would put us up to elite plus . Even though It doesn’t look like it gets us that much more than elite.

Thank you for the input I think we’re going to go ahead and cancel our Canada LA cruise this year with all the restrictions we will look forward to our 2022 !  And South America 2023 !  Both on our  bucket list !,

We normally book SS, just the 2 of us. Last March was to be our 1st CS. I upgraded to CS for $1000 USD. Meaning I paid to much for the SS in the 1st place. Now we have a large FCC to try and use. I'm reluctant to book another CS. Once I got this FCC spent, we are going to book cruises around final payment. I think the CS would be a better value if you had unlimited specially dining like the RS and PH.