Where to find tours

doowopbob

Go to “Find your cruise” and pick the cruise you are booked on. Click on any of the ports and scroll down until you see “email all available shore excursions”. Enter your email address and you should have the list shortly.

• Like 1

Another place to see excursions in general is this page.

https://www.rssc.com/destinations/mediterranean/ports-excursions/AMR/regent-choice-plus-free

Just fill in the Destination and Port blanks on the top, and you can get to a list of generally offered excursions. If you want to see current pricing on the Regent Choice excursions, once you have done the initial search, click on View Cruises that Go to This Port and select a cruise that is within the next year. However, if the port you want is the embarkation or debarkation port, there will not be any excursions listed for it.

• Like 1

I am adding a caution about shore tours, not all the tours are listed and some of the tours may not be available ,  You need to wait until the ist comes out under manage my booking to see exactly what tours exist. 

22 hours ago, BBWC said:

Go to “Find your cruise” and pick the cruise you are booked on. Click on any of the ports and scroll down until you see “email all available shore excursions”. Enter your email address and you should have the list shortly.

Thanks, that's how I got them the last time.  Just couldn't remember.

Also, the downloaded list may not be accurate for a cruise 16 months out.  Frequently, the download that early is very short since, as you examine individual ports, many may say that shore excursions aren't available this far out.  As others have suggested, you can check the ports generically and find out what has ben offered in the past.

GL and WT codes are unfamiliar to me.  Generally there are three categories: Regent Choice (i.e., with a sometimes hefty surcharge), Small Group (otherwise free excursions, but with a small surcharge to be in a small group), and "free" (included) excursions.  As you probably have also figured out, the prefix for the tour number is just a code for that port.

We are newbies to Regent and are looking at a cruise in 2022. We have checked various sites and think we have found a good deal. Will probably book today.

I have a few questions about the included tours. Are the free ones any good? Do you get taken to places you could do on your own without being trailed around in a crowd? If you skip a free tour in one destination do you get credit in the next port to maybe upgrade to a pay for trip? 

Apologies if these have been answered elsewhere, I’m still learning about Regent. 

19 minutes ago, Kristal Blade said:

Are the free ones any good?

Most of the included excursions are good; some excellent; some fails. A lot can depend on the destination & tour guide.

21 minutes ago, Kristal Blade said:

Do you get taken to places you could do on your own without being trailed around in a crowd?

Not sure that I understand your question.

In some ports there will be the option just to take a shuttle into the local town & do your own thing.

23 minutes ago, Kristal Blade said:

If you skip a free tour in one destination do you get credit in the next port to maybe upgrade to a pay for trip? 

No; no credits for included tours

If you pay in advance for a paid-for excursion and cancel before the stated cut-off time (normally 48-72hrs prior) you will receive a refund to your on-board account.

Note: all answers based on experiences pre-covid. Excursion arrangements might change in future if an infection risk still exists

53 minutes ago, Kristal Blade said:

We have checked various sites and think we have found a good deal.

Be very careful who you book through.

Some UK Travel Agents are a lot better than others; some have been found to be less than efficient or transparent in their dealings with customers during this past year of challenges for the travel industry.

Note that Regent have a 2 category upgrade promotion running at present so what looks like "a good deal" may just be the TA re-packaging Regent's offer.

Bottom line - do your research carefully before paying your deposit, and check the inclusions/exclusions being offered.

(In our opinion it is better to deal with a TA that arranges for your credit card payment to be taken by Regent rather than you paying a third party. You should still get the TA's discount on Regent's web prices).

Try ringing Regent direct for a price before committing. 

Edited by flossie009

44 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Some UK Travel Agents are a lot better than others; some have been found to be less than efficient or transparent in their dealings with customers during this past year of challenges for the travel industry.

Note that Regent have a 2 category upgrade promotion running at present so what looks like "a good deal" may just be the TA re-packaging Regent's offer.

Bottom line - do your research carefully before paying your deposit, and check the inclusions/exclusions being offered.

(In our opinion it is better to deal with a TA that arranges for your credit card payment to be taken by Regent rather than you paying a third party. You should still get the TA's discount on Regent's web prices).

Thank you Flossie,

these were the answers I was hoping for. 

We saw the 2 category upgrade on a U.K. site with a 3 letter name. Jenny Bond likes them. Anyway, we also looked at pricing on Regent site and this TA undercuts. We have used them before with good results.

We are very happy to do independent tours in port. We get annoyed with some guided tours which go at snail pace and include a shopping experience which we have no interest in, which was why I asked if the free tours might be a bit slow paced for us. Are there several free tours in each port? 

thanks again for your super speedy reply. My husband is itching to book!

45 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Totally agree with you - I always like to deal directly with the "Top" rather than via "3rd Parties".

I have now booked over 9 RSS Cruises and also deal directly with my own RSS Sales Agent who's direct access to what's going on & best deals/options available to me in the UK.

2 minutes ago, Kristal Blade said:

We are very happy to do independent tours in port. We get annoyed with some guided tours which go at snail pace and include a shopping experience which we have no interest in, which was why I asked if the free tours might be a bit slow paced for us. Are there several free tours in each port? 

thanks again for your super speedy reply. My husband is itching to book!

Kristal - in the current Covid world, initially all Cruise Companies will only allow passengers to go on shore excursions under their control for all the obvious reasons. Maybe in 2022 that may change...but.....

We have enjoyed the included excursions we have taken. I really do not remember being in a crowd for any of these.  Regents will rate the tour on the activity level of the trip, sometimes this is not accurate, but that also depends on the tour operator.  You will see a very detailed description of the tour.  Sometimes we will do a Choice excursion where there is an upcharge.

2 minutes ago, ShropshireCritic said:

Kristal - in the current Covid world, initially all Cruise Companies will only allow passengers to go on shore excursions under their control for all the obvious reasons. Maybe in 2022 that may change...but.....

You are right, ShropshireCritic, but we hope by the end of 22 there might be a bit more freedom. We would be cruising Central America. Hopefully we would be vaccinated by then!!

2 minutes ago, mj_holiday said:

We have enjoyed the included excursions we have taken. I really do not remember being in a crowd for any of these.  Regents will rate the tour on the activity level of the trip, sometimes this is not accurate, but that also depends on the tour operator.  You will see a very detailed description of the tour.  Sometimes we will do a Choice excursion where there is an upcharge.

2 minutes ago, mj_holiday said:

Sorry about the double quote! 

thanks mj, good to know there aren’t too many crowds on the tours.

There are multiple included excursions offered in each port. As MJ said above, they will be rated by activity level. I think the variety is very good. Once on board, each tour is reviewed on the TV, so if you find that the one you chose isn't what you thought it would be, you can usually change to a different tour.

I would not worry about the size of the tour group, the largest group I can recall was around twenty, but if you are going to a popular location there may be many other tour groups.  I also agree that that I do not look forward to shopping time, but most of the shopping spots are in an area where you can wander and see the sights of the area.  I have only been on a few tours where you went to one store with no other choices and these tended to be chosen  to allow access to restrooms. 

51 minutes ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

There are multiple included excursions offered in each port. As MJ said above, they will be rated by activity level. I think the variety is very good. Once on board, each tour is reviewed on the TV, so if you find that the one you chose isn't what you thought it would be, you can usually change to a different tour.

Thanks Alaskabound,

we have booked,  Splendour for Christmas 2022. We are in a concierge suite.

Now, does anyone know if we can check out tours on the Regent website now, or do we need to wait till nearer the time.

as you can see, we are already excited even though it’s over a year till we go!

Thank you, everyone, for your insider knowledge. It really helped with decision making.

You can go to the Regent listing for the cruise you want and then under the Itinerary click on the port to see the common tours at that port.   These are what have been offered in the past and may not be offered for your cruise.  The actual shore tours will come out when you are permitted to sign up for them, for me that is about a year prior to the cruise.  You may wish to sign up for the tours soon after you are allowed to since some tours fill up quickly.  You can turn in exiosting tours and sign up for other tours once you are on the ship, but you may end up on a waiting list. 

1 hour ago, Scout16 said:

You can go to the Regent listing for the cruise you want and then under the Itinerary click on the port to see the common tours at that port.   These are what have been offered in the past and may not be offered for your cruise.  The actual shore tours will come out when you are permitted to sign up for them, for me that is about a year prior to the cruise.  You may wish to sign up for the tours soon after you are allowed to since some tours fill up quickly.  You can turn in exiosting tours and sign up for other tours once you are on the ship, but you may end up on a waiting list. 

Thank you Scout16,

we will be allowed to book a year in advance. 

can we do more than 1 tour per port for free?

On RSSC.com you can set up an account (need booking number) and there is a schedule for various things, one is when you can request shore excursions.

There are some ports where you can sign up for 2 excursions in a day.  It will depend on port times and the times excursions are offered and how much time is between the two excursions.  You get into that detail when you can reserve excursions.  I have been able to do this a couple of times.

Also, if by chance the excursion you want is full when you go to sign up, sign up for your second choice and call Regent and let them know the excursion you want to be on the wait list for.  All of our wait list excursions cleared and we have been able to take our first choice.