November Allure itinerary changes

niugrads

I am still not sure why they changed the ports and took out DR. I am looking on RC website, and Allure is in Port Canaveral for October 2021. Last cruise is Halloween, coming back to PC on Nov. 7. Then Allure is in PE for Nov. 8. But that does not explain why they are changing port itinerary.  

Just now, RFerrington said:

This is kinda sneaky....you know darn well that the new prices will be higher than whatever we paid for our 8 night.  Especially for us, as this is an Empress L&S and we paid less than half of what the current price is.  So instead of getting a prorated 1 night rebate, we will get nothing.  Oh well....still going.

Pretty hard to argue about a price difference on some of those Lift and shift deals.  The right thing to do though would have been the rebate.

I have a client booked S2S with the Symphony who now has a hotel night and meals they need to pay for.  Phone calls tomorrow to see what can be done. 

This explains why that cruise is not showing up on the website.  This morning when I checked prices (which I do at least daily), I couldn't find the 11-13 Allure cruise.  I figured they were just doing some maintenance on the sailing...and it's still not up.  I guess there is some BIG maintenance going on. 

Edited by RFerrington

What upsets me is, and I quote:

”Beginning Feb. 10, 2021, you’ll automatically be moved to a like for like stateroom”.

Wait...why?  Same ship, one less day itinerary. We don’t want to be moved to a DIFFERENT stateroom. We booked the stateroom we wanted. 

We accept the 7 days, don’t want to change our reservation even though with one less day, less port fees, shouldn’t we be refunded more than $50 OBC?  The per-day pricing is well above $50. 

Update: we called Club Royale and were able to switch to a 7-night cruise on the Harmony, sailing out of Port Canaveral on Nov. 14. This itinerary includes St. Maarten, San Juan, and Perfect Day. We have been to San Juan only once (on a Carnival cruise),  and never to Perfect Day or St. Maarten. Yay!

Had we stayed on the Allure cruise, they were going to give us a $50 OBC for an inside stateroom. Oh well, at least we aren't going to Nassau again, lol. 

BTW, the email  also stated that people need to respond by Feb. 9th. On Feb. 10th, they will start assigning "like" staterooms. I was not too thrilled about losing my room, having never something like this happen before. I was afraid that they were going to take us off the  8th deck. I was able to get the 8th deck on the Harmony, so that's a plus for switching ships!

Edited by sushitex
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, island284 said:

What upsets me is, and I quote:

”Beginning Feb. 10, 2021, you’ll automatically be moved to a like for like stateroom”.

Wait...why?  Same ship, one less day itinerary. We don’t want to be moved to a DIFFERENT stateroom. We booked the stateroom we wanted. 

We accept the 7 days, don’t want to change our reservation even though with one less day, less port fees, shouldn’t we be refunded more than $50 OBC?  The per-day pricing is well above $50. 

I agree the wording was very odd.  My guess is that, as @Ourusualbeachsaid, they are basically cancelling the 8 night cruise and rebooking everyone on a new 7 night cruise.  It seems like an odd way to handle it but IMO it’s to get around giving anyone a rebate on their fare.  The “new” cruise will (I suspect) be markedly more expensive than the “old” 8 night. So, while they are price protecting those of us who are already booked, they will not be giving anyone a rebate for the “lost” day unless the new fare is less than the old fare - which it won’t be. So, I don’t know why they wouldn’t just assign everyone already booked to the same cabin, but there may be situations where the won’t do that.  If they’re smart, they will move everyone over before opening it up for new bookings.  Who knows what they will do.

6 hours ago, niugrads said:

We just received an email from RCCL that our 6 night (Nov. 8th, 2021 departure) Allure cruise was changed to a 7 night with different ports. We are B2B with the 8 night Eastern Caribbean so I'm guessing that will be changed to a 7 night. Anybody have any ideas why the itineraries are changing?

Edit: Nevermind... already addressed. I should have kept reading before responding.🙄

Edited by Mikew0805

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

We lucked out on the Nov. 8 sailing because they are not charging us for the added day. And this is my several-times re-booked first-ever Star Class cabin!

Yes we did luck out. I only have a JS on this sailing, but I was really looking forward to the DR. Oh well, at this point I would get on a cruise ship if it just went 10 feet from the dock and sat there... so I really have nothing to complain about. LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

I am still not sure why they changed the ports and took out DR. I am looking on RC website, and Allure is in Port Canaveral for October 2021. Last cruise is Halloween, coming back to PC on Nov. 7. Then Allure is in PE for Nov. 8. But that does not explain why they are changing port itinerary.  

I could not figure this out either, especially with the wording in the email. 

We’re reaching out to let you know that due to changes in our itinerary planning, we had to revise our November 8th, 2021 Allure of the Seas itinerary. As a result, we’ll arrive a day later and unfortunately, we’ll be unable to visit Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic and Labadee, Haiti.

Arriving a day later where?

44 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I don't understand why it is a "like" stateroom. Why is it not the exact same stateroom? It's not like they are moving this to a cruise that already exists and people are already booked.

Absolutely!  Stateroom location is important to some people, including us. 

3 hours ago, sushitex said:

I also received the email notification mentioned above at 2:00 p.m. today - I'm not too thrilled because this was my "tier" (annual comped) cruise from Club Royale. Right now, hubs and I are scouting out alternate sailings. 

According to the email, we lost 2 ports on this sailing - Dominican Republic and St. Kitts - and we are gaining Nassau and St. Thomas. We have visited Nassau multiple times and I'd rather go to "new" ports for us, like the ones we lost and St. Maarten. 

We will have to see what happens when we call Club Royale. If nothing else is appealing, we will stay booked on the Nov. 14th Allure cruise.  

A "first world problem," I know!

Not surprised about St. Kitts -- one of my friends has daughter, s-i-l and grandson living on the island and from one she tells me about visitors,  I think St. Kitts will be waiting to open up to tourists for awhile as they have limited medical facilities.  

We have two Allure cruises booked in July and August and St. Kitts is on the itinerary but I bet it will be switched to St. Maarten or San Juan.  If we're lucky enough to sail, I don't care.  

Allure has been in Port Canaveral since yesterday.  They had workers waiting to board (were at the Radisson) and it looks like they are making upgrades that I hope are to satisfy the CDC Conditional Sail requirements that must be satisfied in order for the ships to sail.  

16 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Not surprised about St. Kitts -- one of my friends has daughter, s-i-l and grandson living on the island and from one she tells me about visitors,  I think St. Kitts will be waiting to open up to tourists for awhile as they have limited medical facilities.  

We have two Allure cruises booked in July and August and St. Kitts is on the itinerary but I bet it will be switched to St. Maarten or San Juan.  If we're lucky enough to sail, I don't care.  

Allure has been in Port Canaveral since yesterday.  They had workers waiting to board (were at the Radisson) and it looks like they are making upgrades that I hope are to satisfy the CDC Conditional Sail requirements that must be satisfied in order for the ships to sail.  

I really like St. Kitts. It has been a couple of years since I've been there. I am really hoping to return there on Allure next January.

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I really like St. Kitts. It has been a couple of years since I've been there. I am really hoping to return there on Allure next January.

I'd love to see St. Kitts -- in addition to my friend's kids, my son-in-law was on the legal team for the Christophe Harbor Development a few years ago.