CARNIVAL DEPOSITS & CREDITS

glentally

Had my 3rd cruise cancelled in the past year.

1st: Took FCC/OBC and used it to pay off cruise # 2 + 3

2nd: Took FCC/OBC. Yet to rebook. Looking at 2023

3rd:  Requested Full Refund.

Need to regroup and keep Hubby happy. He's not a Cruise Addict like I am!!  I may make Platinum sometime in my life time!!

Karen

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our Mediterranean cruise was canceled yesterday. That’s two years in a row. Profoundly disappointed. This time we requested the full cash refund. We may try again for the Summer of ‘22. But we have no way of knowing if Carnival will be sailing the Med in ‘22. We will therefore consider other traditional Mediterranean lines like Costa or MSC. We have sailed with Costa before in the Caribbean and enjoyed the experience. In terms of undoing all my other travel arrangements for this canceled cruise: Delta was easy to deal with, got my frequent flyer miles redeposited immediately and a refund for taxes is in route.  Post cruise hotel, also booked through Delta, was easy to cancel. Refund also in route. Airbnb made the cancellation process easy for the pre-cruise apartment. But they are only refunding $811 of my $915. Not too bad all things considered. Stay safe everyone.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MRVEGAS711 said:

Get your refund. Cruising isn't coming back this year, why tie your money up. Take a nice vacation to the Rockies, Coast of Maine, Desert Southwest.

Funny you say that.  Heading to AZ Tuesday, two National Parks, Saguaro and Petrified.  New Mexico and Texas in March

• Like 2

On 1/22/2021 at 7:38 PM, yogibear said:

I may make Platinum sometime in my life time!!

Don't  worry about it.  Been Platinum for over 10 years, it's not all it's  cracked up to be.  One of the two good benefits can be purchased by buying FTTF. (Dedicated line at customer service)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Don't  worry about it.  Been Platinum for over 10 years, it's not all it's  cracked up to be.  One of the two good benefits can be purchased by buying FTTF. (Dedicated line at customer service)

Agreed. Benefits are going one way. And that way ain't up! Platinum feels like what normal crusing should be. Not advanced and loyal customer service.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 5:33 AM, glentally said:

When can I expect the refund?

Carnival seems to have gotten much better at refunds, at least from my perspective. I booked through Costco and have had three cruises cancelled. Last may cruise refund took 5 months plus, then Aug cancelled cruise took 3 months, then my recently cancelled Alaska cruise for this May only took 8 days!

Carnival moves the Miracle from Our San Diego port with out notice  to their Long Beach  Port . Then they  won't tell us when we will get back our money  from the credit card payment  . 

Have you had a similar experience ?

On 1/22/2021 at 6:46 PM, glentally said:

I tried, after three cancelations I need to regroup.

So I just submitted refund form on Monday, for a cancelled Magic cruise for October 2021.  Just received a call from Miami, FL (came up as potential spam, lol) so glad I went ahead and answered it.  But wanted to know if I wanted to apply my deposit to another cruise I have booked for November 2022?  No thank-you would rather have that back on my credit card (since it was an early saver fare) to apply when and where I can once cruising does resume.  So pretty good timing of 2 days later an actual person is processing my cancellation form.  Much better response than before.  Good Luck!

1 hour ago, SLCfirsttimer said:

How did they not give you notice? They announced that the Miracle was moving to LB long before any cruise scheduled to occur out of San Diego could have happened. 

Carnival sent us a e-mail telling us that the Miracle 14 night Hawaii cruise we hasd booked for Oct 15 ,2022 was being moved to their Long Beach  Cruise Port & reduced to a 14 night cruise to Hawaii 

We decided to cancel it for several reasons .One is too far to drive & parking Fees are $23 per day now . 

2nd we already have another Hawaii cruise boooked on HAL's Koningsdam for Feb 2 ,2022 which is a 18 night Hawaii cruise  & we have aSept 7,2022 Alaska Cruise on Princess  booked

3 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Carnival moves the Miracle from Our San Diego port with out notice  to their Long Beach  Port . Then they  won't tell us when we will get back our money  from the credit card payment  . 

Have you had a similar experience ?

Experience in being refunded money to a CC without being told exactly when it will post? I'm guessing everyone with a CC

Refunds to credit cards have many factors. Carnival can't tell you when the funds will be posted back to your specific account.

Weeks or months I'm guessing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

Experience in being refunded money to a CC without being told exactly when it will post? I'm guessing everyone with a CC

Refunds to credit cards have many factors. Carnival can't tell you when the funds will be posted back to your specific account.

Weeks or months I'm guessing

There is legality here .when a vendor cancels the finds must reach your Credit card bank for credit to your account between 5 to 7 business days 

On 1/24/2021 at 6:18 AM, lagienomai said:

How were some of you able to get a full refund. I requested it from my April canceled cruise and they would not refund the whole amount because some of it was a FCC from where I rebooked our canceled cruise from October. 

If I am reading this correctly, the FCC was given to you IF you booked another cruise.  You are choosing not to rebook so the FCC is no longer valid.  You will only get refunded the money that you have actually paid to them.

5 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

If I am reading this correctly, the FCC was given to you IF you booked another cruise.  You are choosing not to rebook so the FCC is no longer valid.  You will only get refunded the money that you have actually paid to them.

That is why it is called a Future Cruise Credit lol