Cruise Canceled, FCD & OBC is missing.

edgeman61

Our 11N Panama Canal Sunfarer (3/17/21) was cancelled, we let our payment ride and received 2x FCC.  However, we had OBC from a FCD that we had used as well as a $250 OBC for making a $1000 payment towards the cruise, these have gone missing.

Has anyone else had this experience? 

I suppose I need to contact HAL to see what's going on.

Thanks

38 minutes ago, edgeman61 said:

Our 11N Panama Canal Sunfarer (3/17/21) was cancelled, we let our payment ride and received 2x FCC.  However, we had OBC from a FCD that we had used as well as a $250 OBC for making a $1000 payment towards the cruise, these have gone missing.

Thanks

There are many threads here about how these things work. You most definitely need to contact HAL, or your travel agent...however you booked. It takes some time, but it all comes together. There are some interesting deals if you wish to roll your old booking into something in the future.

1 hour ago, edgeman61 said:

Thanks

If the FCD was re-issued as an FCC with bonus FCC then the OBC from using the FCD is forfeit when rebooking.  You can request the FCD be restored in lieu of being issued as an FCC if you are willing to forfeit the bonus FCC associated.  In that case the original terms of the FCD would apply when using on a new booking. 

Additionally the OBC from the Early Payment Bonus (for making the extra payment on the original booking) is forfeit and even if willing to make such an additional payment again when rebooking, the Early Payment Bonus is not applicable if using an FCC on the same booking.

Basically any and all previous promos/OBC are lost when the booking cancels, and issuance/rebooking with FCC eliminates some OBC offers available when not using FCC.  That said they sometimes have special offers (such as OBC) when rebooking and using your FCC that are not otherwise available.

It's complicated, clear as mud, and the rules keep changing!

• Like 1

With so many cancelled cruises, cruisers with multiple cancelled cruises, and the various booking and rebooking promotions going on, I do not see how HAL can keep it all straight.  I have found that it fell to me to keep track of it all and to work with my PCC to get what I should.  Still, not sure I ended up with all of it!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

With so many cancelled cruises, cruisers with multiple cancelled cruises, and the various booking and rebooking promotions going on, I do not see how HAL can keep it all straight.  I have found that it fell to me to keep track of it all and to work with my PCC to get what I should.  Still, not sure I ended up with all of it!

I would say this - if you have already purchased a cruise, just stick to it. DOnt cancel it or ask for a refund. If  the cruise will get cancelled, you will be FULLY refunded as it was certainly not your fault for the cancelation and its simply put an obligation of that company to give you back your money 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I would say this - if you have already purchased a cruise, just stick to it. DOnt cancel it or ask for a refund. If  the cruise will get cancelled, you will be FULLY refunded as it was certainly not your fault for the cancelation and its simply put an obligation of that company to give you back your money 

Very true and well said.  On one of my cruises I purchased HAL's insurance and was refunded that eventually by HAL.  If I had cancelled, I would have lost that money.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Very true and well said.  On one of my cruises I purchased HAL's insurance and was refunded that eventually by HAL.  If I had cancelled, I would have lost that money.

Dave, check out the August 2022 roll call (Greenland, Iceland, Canada) RT out of Boston.  Alberta Quilter is hoping you'll come with us.

Thanks for the responses, the 100% deposit bonus way more than covered any OBC that we may have had to forfeit.  I can see where keeping track of everyone's booking particulars could become problematic given the number of sailings affected.

We will look for a cruise for 2022 (fingers crossed).