Half Moon Cay- Can I?

bradkristi

Want to just get off the ship, walk to a beach lounge chair, be able to get food/ drink, and be close to bathroom. Is this all possible and what are cost for a couple of umbrellas/lounge chairs? Is the lunch really free for Carnival Passengers?

20 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Yes, all of that is how Half Moon Cay works, including free lunch. No problem.

Lounge chairs are free. Don't have umbrellas, as I recall, but half shell shade is, IIRC, $20, on Carnival.

Great- Thanks for the quick response.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 4:44 PM, bradkristi said:

Great- Thanks for the quick response.

Another response to support CruiserBruce's post.  The lunch buffet that is offered is generous and delicious and free.  Ample number of "watering holes" with my favorite being "I Could Stay Here Forever" bar that overlooks the beach and the ship anchored off shore.  Lots of beach chairs available; even with two ships at anchor, there will be sufficient chairs.  The island has been upgraded over the years several times and is a favorite of mine.  Guest facilities have greatly improved along the way.  It's something for which to anticipate as part of your cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 12:14 PM, cb at sea said:

You can come and go at will....it's the same as being on the ship, but on land!  I love the private island days!

On 3/3/2021 at 12:14 PM, cb at sea said:

You can come and go at will....it's the same as being on the ship, but on land!  I love the private island days!

If your looking for a total day of relaxation on the beach, this is the place for it. Be sure to bring your sunscreen. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
10 minutes ago, 80sGal said:

Wait!  Did I read that right?  Lunch is free at HMC?  Anywhere or just one venue On?  On the Aug. 1 Horizon in 2 weeks and I had never heard that before now.   🙂

Lunch has always been free at the BBQ...going back over 20 years, in our experience.

They have added one eating place in the last couple of years. It has a fee , and features crab. That is the only other eating location I am aware of.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

They have added one eating place in the last couple of years. It has a fee , and features crab. That is the only other eating location I am aware of.

The Lobster Shack is it's name if I recall correctly.  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Yes, but the receipt system was manual the last time we were there. Everything gets charged to your cabin.

That was my experience as well.  I'd be surprised that much has changed in that regard.  

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, wgeddings said:

Does HMC have free WiFi?

There was talk about cell phone coverage there pre-Covid, but I would be surprised  if it, or WiFi were free. The cell system would be out of the Bahamas, so international back to S.C. WiFi would be through the HAL system (as HAL, not Carnival, owns the island, and there is no non-HAL occupants there).

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

OMG...did you survive a day without it???😅🤣😂

Barely! 😁  I did not have it on the ship either and it was a welcome respite.  At Amber Cove, one of hte best thing about the shops at the port was that there was free WiFi so I could send an e-mail back home.  We were at HMC on our daughter's birthday so I was hoping there might be internet so we could Facetime her or call.  

• 1 month later...