Seattle Hotels/port (NCL)?

bakes82

My Google says:

https://www.portseattle.org/places/bell-street-cruise-terminal-pier-66

Also, here is the link to the NCL forum.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/64-norwegian-cruise-line/

And the link to the West Coast departures forum for hotel info and things to do/see:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/315-west-coast-departures/

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bakes82 said:

Whats the address for the NCL port in Seattle?  Any good hotels near by/recommendations coming in 1 day early.

@bakes82

Howdy and welcome to the Cruise Critic message boards!!! emo22.gif

Thank you for starting your first thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum for general questions regarding cruising. 👍 

Since your inquiry concerns a specific cruise line, their Seattle port and nearby hotels, I have moved your thread to the West Coast Departures forum where it will be more on topic. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find  your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you. Some replies are from locals with good firsthand knowledge regarding the area.

I suggest you Follow this thread so you will be aware of any replies. 

• Click Follow at the top of the topic
  • Choose how you would like to be alerted:    
    • One email per day with all new content from that day
    • One email per week with all new content from that week
    • Do not send me any notifications
    •  Let others see that I follow this
  • Save your choices by clicking the follow button at the bottom of the list.
  • Please note: If you are a new member, your preference is set to automatically follow any topic that you start or reply to.  You will receive an email and notification when any new content is posted to your followed topics.  You can always change your preferences by clicking on your member name and choosing Manage Followed Content from the drop down menu.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

3 hours ago, bakes82 said:

Any good hotels near by/recommendations coming in 1 day early.

The NCL Pier 66 is right downtown-- like could not be more central to the city. One of my favorite hotels in Seattle, that is literally on the adjacent pier, is The Edgewater which is positioned over the water. Well worth the splurge. Another right there is the Marriott Waterfront. 

Other Seattle hotel favorites of mine are the Fairmont Olympic (big grande dame hotel), Four Seasons (expensive but well located), and the Thompson. A more budget friendly hotel with a ton of character is the Arctic Club which is run by Hilton and housed in a former private club. There are literally hundreds though within a very short distance since the pier is so centrally located. 

• 3 weeks later...

I would stay in the Marriott. Stayed there before not for a cruise but other reasons. Pier 66 is right across the street and Anthony's Seafood restaurant right there also. The Wheel is just south on Pier 57 with eatery places to. Be careful going another places. 

bakes82,

22 hours ago, bluenose1 said:

I would stay in the Marriott. Stayed there before not for a cruise but other reasons. Pier 66 is right across the street and Anthony's Seafood restaurant right there also. The Wheel is just south on Pier 57 with eatery places to.

My recommendation would be the same as this poster's.  I have stayed at the Marriott several times and have always been pleased.  Anthony's (at least pre-Covid) was an excellent place to dine with 3 different types of service:  fine dining, or casual dining, or a carry-out counter with tables/chairs nearby.  Very good food and service.  Pike Place is not very far away.  After a short walk along Elliott Bay, one can find an elevator to take one to street level where the marketplace is located.  (Much easier--at least for me--than walking up the steep incline from where the hotel is located to get to the street that would take me to Pike Place.)  

• Like 1

We had an Alaska cruise booked for last September out of Seattle that was cancelled.

We've cruised out of Seattle several times.  This was to be our first time staying down at the port,

vs. at an airport hotel that we frequent.  We had the Edgewater booked and looked SO forward to staying there.  The terminal is immediately next door.  Looked like a cook, quirky, rustic hotel.

Now, the point of this post.  I am unsure where you are from, since it doesn't list it next to your OP info.

As bluenose stated, be careful.....the City of Seattle does not have a code of law & order anymore.  There is a lot of crime, and it goes unaddressed.  Rioting and violence continue on a regular basis, and businesses near the port have been vandalized and destroyed.

We are anxious to see the time come when we can re-book a (4th) Alaska cruise, but we'll spend our tourist dollars in Vancouver or Seward pre-cruise, and will stay on the ship for any Seattle port days.

3 hours ago, Sea saw 56 said:

Rioting and violence continue on a regular basis, and businesses near the port have been vandalized and destroyed.

I live downtown, three blocks from the NCL port. What you have posted here is just not the case.

• Like 2

I saw pictures of the outside of the original Starbucks at Pike Place Market within the last few weeks.

The windows were smashed in, the place was vandalized.

I believe it is in walking distance of the port, a close proximity to the port, correct?

Yes, you're correct. It's about 1/2 mile walk to Pike Place Market from the Bell St. Pier.  The window was, indeed, broken just over a month ago. I guess it depends on your definition of, "Rioting and violence continue on a regular basis".

I will add that I do understand the reluctance of some to visit Seattle based on the news from the past year. We did have some nasty stuff happen and there are still hints of it around as there are in other parts of the country right now.  We just returned from picking up lunch at Pike Place Market.  Starbucks has replaced the windows. There were 30+ people in line waiting to get inside to order and it’s the end of February.   Downtown Seattle is coming back to life.

bakes question may be moot now but as mentioned, the two closest choices are the Marriot & Edgewater.  There is construction directly behind the Marriott that is supposed to be completed sometime in 2022. Not sure of the noise level but that would be a consideration. Our preference would be the Edgewater next door sitting right on Elliott Bay.

2 hours ago, Glaciers said:

Downtown Seattle is coming back to life.

There is not a city in these United States that does not have issues of some type.  Homelessness when I was last in Seattle in the downtown area was disappointing to see, but in my own community of Dayton, Ohio, we have homeless folks.  Some of whom are reluctant to go to shelters even in our very recent very cold temperatures.  A gathering of the Klan, unprovoked shootings of innocent people out for an evening of enjoyment, etc. 

This is the 21st Century reality of living in an urban environment.  

2 hours ago, Glaciers said:

There is construction directly behind the Marriott that is supposed to be completed sometime in 2022.

What is being constructed?  I recall a railroad line behind the hotel, then a steep embankment.  (Never heard any noise from the trains.)  Something being built on the top of the embankment?

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

What is being constructed?  I recall a railroad line behind the hotel, then a steep embankment.  (Never heard any noise from the trains.)  Something being built on the top of the embankment?

They are putting a road through to connect Elliott Ave to Alaskan Way.

• Like 1

The webcam shows the train runs between the Marriott and then under the new road. I’m surprised at the progress. Appears all the pilings have been placed and the road bed is nearly complete. It may not be that noisy at this point although there will be heavy equipment behind the hotel during the day.

This link includes the area of construction. “Waterfront-Bridge Construction (Lenora looking S)”

https://seattlewaterfront.org/live-seattle-waterfront-views-webcams/

16 hours ago, Glaciers said:

The webcam shows the train runs between the Marriott and then under the new road. I’m surprised at the progress. Appears all the pilings have been placed and the road bed is nearly complete. It may not be that noisy at this point although there will be heavy equipment behind the hotel during the day.

This link includes the area of construction. “Waterfront-Bridge Construction (Lenora looking S)”

https://seattlewaterfront.org/live-seattle-waterfront-views-webcams/

Thanks for the link.  I think that the last time I visited Seattle was 2016 or 2017 and there was quite a bit of road construction going on along the waterfront.  

• 3 weeks later...

The Edgewater and Marriott Waterfront are both right there and very nice, but there a ton of nice hotels, a lot of which have already been mentioned. The Fairmont and Kimpton hotels, along with the Hyatt At Olive 8 are the ones I use the most. In normal times I am in Seattle on business 5 to 8 times a year.