The Daily for Sunday Feb 7, 2021

richwmn

Feb. 7, 2020 was the day our Westerdam cruise officially ended.  The Captain sent everyone a letter that began with Japan will no longer permit us to call there.  Our cruise was now canceled and we would all receive our money back - cruise fare, taxes, etc.  We have plenty of food!  We’ll now be in a search for a port to take us and give us time to make flight changes.

We know where we are, but we don’t know where we’re going!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e7318319e70f2591678c0ccd3e24dc05.jpeg🥰 We are doing well!!!I Sorry for not being on CC for so long. I haven’t stopped painting as it is my refuge when I need to wind down!

This is another great volunteer a ICU nurse that has been such a support with 

Covid vaccines! I took a photo of her and then did my painting! Gave it to her as a gift .Hope Bindi is taking good care of you!!  I will try to take time to get back on here!

❤️ You

Welcome back, you are a talented artist.

• Like 7

On 2/6/2021 at 8:18 PM, erewhon said:

Thank you to everyone who contributes to these great Daily reports.

Love the quote.

@kazu have you heard from Krazy Kruzers since the stair lift was installed? Hope it has made their lives easier.

Another warm sunny summer day,  but the nights are drawing in.

Stay safe and well everyone.

Thought I would reply while you were on, erewhon,  the last I heard from her they were getting a plasterer in to fix the walls.

I best send her another e as I haven’t heard back from last one.  She takes a while to respond these days.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Super bowl is on here.  I am in charge of snacks!  Not much of a football fan but DH sure is.

Thank you to everyone whose has gone over and beyond volunteering with the vaccines.  You are a blessing to everyone.

We may get snow at the end of the week.  The grandkids will look forward to that!

Have a wonderful evening everyone.  Stay warm, safe, and well.

• Like 10

Roger called a couple hours ago.  He will be in the hospital at least overnight.  He has gotten some steroid shots which have helped a bit but he the doctors are calling for a test that may require a specialty center.  He did say he would have a few days at a skilled nursing/rehab center before he can go home.

Roy

• Like 12

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

Roger called a couple hours ago.  He will be in the hospital at least overnight.  He has gotten some steroid shots which have helped a bit but he the doctors are calling for a test that may require a specialty center.  He did say he would have a few days at a skilled nursing/rehab center before he can go home.

Roy

Oh Roy!!! I am so sorry to hear this! I pray he recovers quickly. I had to go back and I read your writings!! I will have him in my prayers. Take Care my friend. I will be back to enjoy your photos and journals.

Sincerely

Denise

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thought I would reply while you were on, erewhon,  the last I heard from her they were getting a plasterer in to fix the walls.

I best send her another e as I haven’t heard back from last one.  She takes a while to respond these days.

Thank you for your reply.

I often think of KK and all the help she has given to so many cruisers. Wish we had had the opportunity to meet her during a cruise.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Roy, hope they can get to the bottom of your brother’s problem, and he gets the help he needs.

Lenda

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Thanks Roy, hope his problem will  soon be solved, and he will be able to go home.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, erewhon said:

Thank you for your reply.

I often think of KK and all the help she has given to so many cruisers. Wish we had had the opportunity to meet her during a cruise.

Yes, she was kind enough to step up and do the Bon Voyage threads for me one year while I was away while RuthC took care of the FCL.  

I really appreciated the help.  

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

That sounds like he is getting excellent care.  A rehab centre is always beneficial.  Hope the doctors can get to the bottom of it and he can recover quickly 🤞 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, kazu said:

That sounds like he is getting excellent care.  A rehab centre is always beneficial.  Hope the doctors can get to the bottom of it and he can recover quickly 🤞 

And the staff can  keep him from doing things he shouldn't.

Roy

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for sharing these photos of your beautiful roses, do you know their names?

Thank you 🙂  I only know the name of the rose at the bottom, it's an Heirloom rose called  "Pink Flamingo Rose".  The rose bush in the middle was a tiny thing given to me years ago, I call it my Crazy Rose because of the number of blooms and length of season, but that's just my name for it. 😉 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you 🙂  I only know the name of the rose at the bottom, it's an Heirloom rose called  "Pink Flamingo Rose".  The rose bush in the middle was a tiny thing given to me years ago, I call it my Crazy Rose because of the number of blooms and length of season, but that's just my name for it. 😉 

Thank you for your reply.

It's always good to have a rose with a long flowering season.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I posted this on the roll call for Rotterdam premier, but I had just happened to notice that today is @Vict0riann cruise critic anniversary.

🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

Thanks for being such a positive poster all these years.

Thanks. 😀  I guess I've done quite a bit of chatting!

• Like 6

@DeeniEncinitas I am sure these pictures look familiar. Last picture taken from the back of your house.. remember?  We gave up our 6 weeks to a friend of my sisters for 2021. Hoping we'd be cruising.. We may still stay a few weeks in Maui maybe November,  depending whether some exciting cruises come available..

Love you a million!

Go Tampa Bay! 

0108191752_HDR-EFFECTS.jpg

0205201803b_HDR~2.jpg

0127201119_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@DeeniEncinitas I am sure these pictures look familiar. Last picture taken from the back of your house.. remember?  We gave up our 6 weeks to a friend of my sisters for 2021. Hoping we'd be cruising.. We may still stay a few weeks in Maui maybe November,  depending whether some exciting cruises come available..

Love you a million!

Go Tampa Bay! 

0108191752_HDR-EFFECTS.jpg

0205201803b_HDR~2.jpg

0127201119_HDR~2.jpg

Oh sis wish we were all together having happy hour at Hula Bar and Grill! I do remember!!!Our Gardner gives us updates! Thank goodness the air conditioner is great and the fence from the storm we had to replace all is good!!

we got out of Dodge just in time when the shut down happened. Hope you go in November!! We’re still doing our cruise 12/5 from here in San Diego to Hawaii and back home. Love you sis!! Go TB👍
❤️😘

• Like 5